“Our Mini-Honeymoon”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Westport, Massachusetts
“Our Mini-Honeymoon”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

After our Valentine's Day Wedding we were looking to escape for a few days and choose the "Romance Package" at the Captain Freeman Inn what a wonderful choice! We stayed in the "Welfleet" Suite which had wonderful bed, cozy gas stove and a double Jacuzzi tub. The room was immaculate. The breakfast each morning was wonderful and included fresh fruits, baked goods and flavors beyond compare - what a wonderful way to start our day! If you are looking for a mini getaway to relax, rejuvenate and unwind together you must check out this amazing Inn and package.

Room Tip: Every room was beautiful
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rebecca B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Scituate, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I just checked out of the Captain Freeman Inn this morning and didn't want to leave. Byron and Donna, the owners, make you feel right at home. They are just the nicest and most sincere people. I'm certain that they are the reason for my trip being so special. I so appreciate that they made the most delicious breakfast while accommodating my gluten free, dairy free diet. Both mornings their wonderful Labradoodle Harrison greeted me in his gentle way. When I get a dog one day I hope he's like Harrison. Byron and Donna also ALWAYS steer me in the right direction to the best restaurants, beaches, hikes and other attractions. As for my room, it was lovely, the bed and pillows were fantastic and the decor was perfect. Sitting at the end of the day by the fireplace in my room reading with a cup of hot tea (they have a great selection of tea) was the icing on the cake each night. And one more thing, the location on 6A in Brewster is a great spot in the middle of the Cape so that you have easy access to lots of towns. This is a inn for all seasons!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Agawam, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We loved this B&B! Byron was a gracious host, and Nathan was very helpful upon check in. The rooms were lovely, the ambiance serene, and the cookies were delicious! The breakfast (included) was amazing as well. Fresh and cooked to order, with delicious coffee & fresh juice. Harrison, the labradoodle, was a great companion....always ready to greet us! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The Brewster room had great light!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

After a 3 week tour of the New England foliage this October, we decided to have a relaxing last 2 nights in Cape Cod. I really couldn't have picked a better B&B to top off our holiday! We were warmly greeted by the owner Byron's son (whose name escapes me, I'm afraid!), and shown to our rooms, which were beautifully decorated and furnished. There was coffee, teas, juices, home baked cookies all available for us to help ourselves in the lounge area, plus sherry and port! We were really made to feel at home.
After our first night, we were greeted by not only the most deliciously prepared breakfast I think I have ever had at a B&B, but also the friendliest dog – Harrison. He is such a cute, laid-back dog, and is most certainly not intrusive (so don't be concerned if you're not a dog-lover, although I think you may be converted when you meet Harrison!). The breakfast was freshly prepared by Donna, and was absolutely stunning. They do apparently run cookery courses, and judging by the breakfast, probably well worth booking one!
Two nights wasn't enough at The Captain Freeman Inn. We will almost certainly be returning in the future for a longer stay, and we may even try an additional couple of nights at the family's sister property 'The Brewster by the Sea Inn' which is just up the road.
After only 2 nights, we were bid a fond farewell by Byron and Donna which brought a tear to my eye, reminiscent of saying goodbye to close friends or family.
I really cannot recommend this bed and breakfast highly enough. One couple we met there, also from the UK, apparently have been coming every year for the past 12 years, I think they told us. I can see it becoming a tradition with us too!
Thank you Byron and Donna – we can't wait to come back! x

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Chatham, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed this past weekend at the Captain Freeman Inn. It's located beside the Brewster General Store and the intersection of Routes 124 & 6A is perfect. The Inn has received MAJOR renovations for such a historically beautiful home making it exceptional. The amenities 24 by 7 are greater than experienced elsewhere. Our room was lovely and the warmth and service were exeptional. If you are thinking of a weekend in historic Brewster or a longer stay I highly recommend the Capt. Freeman Inn as my first choice.
And for the late spring, summer and early fall it's a pleasant walk down to the beach as well.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great ours faced 6A and was quiet.
Green Features: The staff is VERY environmentally focused matter of fact they have received "GreenLeaders Silver level" recognition.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
South of Boston, MA
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband and I just spent a delightful weekend at this superb B&B. The inn was immaculate and tastefully furnished. We stayed in the Wellfleet Room on the 3rd floor, which had a romantic gas fireplace and big, gorgeous bathroom with whirlpool tub and separate shower. The bedding was extremely comfortable, linens, towels and robes were top-quality, and toiletries by Gilchrest & Soames as well as local vendors were a nice touch.

The breakfasts were simply amazing: 3 courses, hearty and delicious. Sweets and liqueurs were available for afternoon and evening.

There’s nothing these conscientious innkeepers have forgotten – but rest assured, if you’re missing something, they will get it for you. They even put a Keurig coffee station in our 3rd-floor common area so we would not have to go two floors down for coffee and tea.

Donna made reservations at a busy local restaurant where we were treated like royalty.

Room tip: the third floor rooms have a steep climb common to old homes, which may be too much for some. And the church bells ring on the hour starting at 6AM (we felt that simply added to the charm). The Truro Room across the hall has all the same amenities and view with a larger bed and less awkward bath set up.

Be prepared to be pampered and comfortable. Totally recommend any time of year.

And be sure to have Harrison, the Inn’s adorable labradoodle, smile for his picture with you before you leave!

Room Tip: Peeked in the rooms on the 2nd floor with porches - what a lovely way to kick back and unwind with a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank S&L_from_MA
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed at Captain Freeman during a long Fall weekend for a wedding. The accommodations were wonderful, and compared to the rates at nearby hotels, I would say the best room for the dollar on Cape Cod. The rooms are impeccably clean and well appointed, the staff very courteous and helpful. As if that weren't enough, let me just say that I would stay there again for the breakfasts alone!

Room Tip: I'm not helping anybody with this as I don't want you taking 'our' room. Sorry. :-)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Brewster By The Sea
Brewster By The Sea
#4 of 10 in Brewster
Candleberry Inn on Cape Cod

Been to Captain Freeman Inn? Share your experiences!