Captain Freeman Inn
US$135
OceanEdge.com
US$251
US$218
Skaket Beach Motel(Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$88
Olde Tavern Motel & Inn(Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$82
TripAdvisor
US$87
US$74
Pleasant Bay Village(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$183
TripAdvisor
All reviewscookiesscreened in porchb bbreakwater beachthird floorcape codcakeschocolate dipped strawberriesiced coffeedog harrisonfarm to tablethe brewster general storeground poolrocking chairsshort walk to the beachfresh flowersattention to detail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2014

After our Valentine's Day Wedding we were looking to escape for a few days and choose the "Romance Package" at the Captain Freeman Inn what a wonderful choice! We stayed in the "Welfleet" Suite which had wonderful bed, cozy gas stove and a double Jacuzzi tub. The room was immaculate. The breakfast each morning was wonderful and included fresh fruits, baked goods and flavors beyond compare - what a wonderful way to start our day! If you are looking for a mini getaway to relax, rejuvenate and unwind together you must check out this amazing Inn and package.

Room Tip: Every room was beautiful
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I just checked out of the Captain Freeman Inn this morning and didn't want to leave. Byron and Donna, the owners, make you feel right at home. They are just the nicest and most sincere people. I'm certain that they are the reason for my trip being so special. I so appreciate that they made the most delicious breakfast while accommodating my gluten free, dairy free diet. Both mornings their wonderful Labradoodle Harrison greeted me in his gentle way. When I get a dog one day I hope he's like Harrison. Byron and Donna also ALWAYS steer me in the right direction to the best restaurants, beaches, hikes and other attractions. As for my room, it was lovely, the bed and pillows were fantastic and the decor was perfect. Sitting at the end of the day by the fireplace in my room reading with a cup of hot tea (they have a great selection of tea) was the icing on the cake each night. And one more thing, the location on 6A in Brewster is a great spot in the middle of the Cape so that you have easy access to lots of towns. This is a inn for all seasons!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We loved this B&B! Byron was a gracious host, and Nathan was very helpful upon check in. The rooms were lovely, the ambiance serene, and the cookies were delicious! The breakfast (included) was amazing as well. Fresh and cooked to order, with delicious coffee & fresh juice. Harrison, the labradoodle, was a great companion....always ready to greet us! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The Brewster room had great light!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

After a 3 week tour of the New England foliage this October, we decided to have a relaxing last 2 nights in Cape Cod. I really couldn't have picked a better B&B to top off our holiday! We were warmly greeted by the owner Byron's son (whose name escapes me, I'm afraid!), and shown to our rooms, which were beautifully decorated and furnished. There was coffee, teas, juices, home baked cookies all available for us to help ourselves in the lounge area, plus sherry and port! We were really made to feel at home.
After our first night, we were greeted by not only the most deliciously prepared breakfast I think I have ever had at a B&B, but also the friendliest dog – Harrison. He is such a cute, laid-back dog, and is most certainly not intrusive (so don't be concerned if you're not a dog-lover, although I think you may be converted when you meet Harrison!). The breakfast was freshly prepared by Donna, and was absolutely stunning. They do apparently run cookery courses, and judging by the breakfast, probably well worth booking one!
Two nights wasn't enough at The Captain Freeman Inn. We will almost certainly be returning in the future for a longer stay, and we may even try an additional couple of nights at the family's sister property 'The Brewster by the Sea Inn' which is just up the road.
After only 2 nights, we were bid a fond farewell by Byron and Donna which brought a tear to my eye, reminiscent of saying goodbye to close friends or family.
I really cannot recommend this bed and breakfast highly enough. One couple we met there, also from the UK, apparently have been coming every year for the past 12 years, I think they told us. I can see it becoming a tradition with us too!
Thank you Byron and Donna – we can't wait to come back! x

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed this past weekend at the Captain Freeman Inn. It's located beside the Brewster General Store and the intersection of Routes 124 & 6A is perfect. The Inn has received MAJOR renovations for such a historically beautiful home making it exceptional. The amenities 24 by 7 are greater than experienced elsewhere. Our room was lovely and the warmth and service were exeptional. If you are thinking of a weekend in historic Brewster or a longer stay I highly recommend the Capt. Freeman Inn as my first choice.
And for the late spring, summer and early fall it's a pleasant walk down to the beach as well.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great ours faced 6A and was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple