“"Wonderful Inn"”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nashville, Tennessee
“"Wonderful Inn"”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I always look forward to my stay at the Sea Meadow every June and rave about my visit to all my friends. The rooms are very comfortable and homey with separate and private bathrooms that have everything you might need for your stay, including a luxury bathrobe. Then there is the breakfast which is always a treat, and cookies, snacks and self serve coffee and tea for whenever you might need some refreshment. Thanks Debbie, for a delightful time spent at the Sea Meadow!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Debbie A, General Manager at Sea Meadow Inn at Isaiah Clark House, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you Jean. It was delightful to have both of you here! I look forward to seeing you again at the end of the season.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We booked a weekend stayed at the Sea Meadow Inn and were pleasantly surprised. It was surprising how accomodating and roomy the Inn was. We did not want for anything, everything is provided and available. There are 2 kitchen areas with a Keurig for coffee/tea and several snacks to choose from.
Home made breadfast every morning was awesome!
We stayed in the Lydia room, was very clean and comfortable, actually almost spotless.
David the innkeeper was exceptional and accomodating.
I would defintely go back.
Very romantic and great for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: I would stay on the second floor towards the back of the building it is a bit quiter away from the s...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
stay1187, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Meadow Inn at Isaiah Clark House, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Deb,

It was my pleasure to host you and Melhem at the Inn last weekend. Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. Your thoughts on the Lydia room, the attention to detail, the amenities, and breakfast should give other viewers a good idea of what to expect. I look forward to your return in the future.
Wayland, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I'm not an "inn" person per se, but my wife is, so I chose Sea Meadow for our romantic getaway. We stayed in the Lydia room, which is amazingly well-appointed and has a private bath. It's also slightly physically separated from the other rooms. All the rooms -- named after the original homeowners kids/grandkids -- are lovely and unique (some with fireplace). The towels are thick, the linens silky and whenever you think "Gee, I wish there was a..." -- you see it. There are also comfy "common rooms" where you can read a book or chat and relax. David is the perfect host, attentive, responsive and proactive. The breakfasts were extraordinary. And the whole ambiance here is one of home and warmth and welcome. Conveniently located in Brewster, just about anything you'd want (beach, fishing, bike trails, galleries) is within about 15 minutes. Highly recommend this little treasure.

Room Tip: We loved Lydia, on the second floor at one end of the inn, based on description above. But it all de...
Green Features: They are part of a Cape initiative to be environmentally responsible. There's even a separate "recycle" waste basket in the room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
stay1187, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Meadow Inn at Isaiah Clark House, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Steve,

It was entirely our pleasure to host your romantic Cape Cod getaway! I'm so glad that you found everything to your satisfaction, especially since you are not an "Inn" person! I'm sure that others who are contemplating a stay at the Inn will find your review extremely helpful in making their decision as you covered the bedding, amenities, breakfasts, host, and location.

I would like to clarify just one thing. All our rooms have private baths. We have seven bedrooms and seven private baths, but four rooms are not en-suite. This usually isn't a concern for most folks as long as they know it is a private bath. Though I do have to admit that many of my guests prefer the en-suite bath.

Thanks again for your review. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn in the future.
Red Oak, Iowa
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I was delighted to book a last minute room in February while on a business trip. My previous arrangements had fallen through and Sea Meadow was gracious to take me in. My room (Phoebe) was lovely and comfortable. The bed and bedding were sublime. The extras such as chocolate, a "pantry", afternoon snacks, and water bottles were so fun. Everything was immaculately clean as well.

The innkeeper, David, was professional at all times, he was not, however, overly friendly. Not a big deal as I wasn't there to hang out but it is worth mentioning if you're looking for an innkeeper who will sit and chat with you. He was very helpful and accommodating when needed and I was very grateful to him.

I'm not a big breakfast eater so it's never draw for me but breakfast here was delicious.

Overall, I'd be happy to stay here again when I'm in the area again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
stay1187, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Meadow Inn at Isaiah Clark House, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Melissa,
Many thanks for your review of the Inn, your insightful comments, and your recommendation. I'm sure other folks who are considering the Inn will find your comments on our beds, amenities, breakfast and me helpful. I take no offense on your comment about my hospitality style. I believe an innkeeper should be "seen and not heard", but available at all times to serve his/her guests. I do look forward to your return in the future.
Gardiner, Maine
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Going to the beach in February may not be your 'cup of tea', but the Sea Meadow Inn will make up for the winter wind off the Bay. This antique home has been thoroughly updated and as a B and B, every detail has been factored into the guest experience. Two nights at the inn had no 'oops' moments, the room was immaculate, breakfasts gourmet, all the amenities present! David was efficient, attentive and responsive. The bed, with Comphy Sheets (and what do I know about sheets) was amazing, our room tucked away at the back of the house. The inn is so well run it appears to function all by itself. In truth, it is David's quiet attention that makes it all so seamless. As a winter hideaway on the Cape, Sea Meadow Inn is the ultimately perfect choice. There are two 'pantry' areas with Keurigs, two sitting areas - one on each floor - lots of tourist pamphlets, deer and foxes running through the morning grass. What more could anyone ask for to brighten the last days of winter??

Room Tip: Peeking in every room, they are all unique. While you won't find antique furnishings, the rooms...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
stay1187, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Meadow Inn at Isaiah Clark House, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Robert & Martha,
Many thanks for your extremely comprehensive and thoughtful review. I can't think of anything you missed in helping others to make a decision to stay at the Inn. Your comments on our amenities, rooms, cleanliness, attention to detail, and breakfasts cover every aspect of a stay here. Thanks also for your kind comments on my hosting and service. It was my pleasure hosting your off-season Cape Cod getaway!
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Sea Meadow last fall. The inn and the grounds are beautiful and restful, with lots of places to sit outside and enjoy the gardens. The rooms are wonderful and the bathroom in our room was one of the best I have ever seen in an inn or hotel. The innkeeper is very welcoming and serves a fabulous breakfast, which you choose from a menu the night before. This is great if you have any food allergies or re a picky eater. That said, the food was spectacular and served in a wonderful dining room. It is very centrally located on the Cape, no matter where you want to visit.
We are looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
stay1187, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Meadow Inn at Isaiah Clark House, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Judith & Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our location, grounds, rooms, and breakfast. I'm sure your review will be very helpful to others considering the Inn for their Cape Cod getaway. We love hearing from our guests through reviews and in their return visits! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My wife and I enjoyed 3 days and nights in October at the Sea Meadow Inn. We were touring the Cape Cod area with another couple, and we all agreed this lovely Inn was a highlight of the trip! The setting, the rooms, the breakfasts, the host (David) and the historical ambiance were all second to none. The attention to detail in all the amenities clearly shows David's experience in the hospitality industry, and his pride in presenting the Sea Meadow Inn experience.

The Sea Meadow Inn is in a great location from which to base your explorations of the Cape. We cycled the Cape Cod Trail, hiked trails in the National Seashore, and explored Provincetown - all easily accessible from the Inn. There are also a number of good restaurants nearby. The rate was attractive, as well, and the overall value of our experience was excellent.

If in the area again, we have no doubt we will return to the Sea Meadow Inn.

Bruce and Janet
Mike and Jane

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to be great. Having separate bathrooms across the hall (in their own large roo...
Green Features: Gentle suggestions are made in the bathrooms regarding toiletries, etc. Nicely prepared meals, made from fresh ingredients, with minimal packaging.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
stay1187, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Meadow Inn at Isaiah Clark House, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Thank you for your thoughtful and comprehensive review of your stay here at the Inn. I'm sure prospective guests will find your comments on our rooms, breakfasts, amenities, location and ambiance helpful in making their decision where to stay on their Cape Cod getaway. We really appreciate these reviews that go into some detail about a guest's stay. We look forward to having you back whenever you are on the Cape.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Captain Freeman Inn
Captain Freeman Inn
#1 of 10 in Brewster
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Sea Meadow Inn at Isaiah Clark House? Share your experiences!