“Charming property!”
Review of Old Sea Pines Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brewster
Old Sea Pines Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Brewster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My husband and I stayed four wonderful nights at this historic property, formerly a girls' finishing school. Our room, The Rowan Tree, was just lovely, much larger than I expected, with a private bathroom and small sitting room just off the bedroom with windows overlooking the front of the property. The bed was extremely comfortable!! Every morning, a beautiful breakfast was served, and you can dine on the large porch overlooking the lovely, flower-filled garden. There is another, long porch fronting the building with rocking chairs--perfect for relaxing with a book, planning the next day's activities, or enjoying a pre-dinner cocktail. Our innkeepers, Michele and Steve, along with the entire staff, were always present to lend a helping hand, answer questions, and do whatever they could to enhance our stay. We truly enjoyed our (first) visit to The Cape, and will return to the Old Sea Pines Inn as soon as we can!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2012

My stay in June, 2012 was my third and not my last. This is an historic property in a great location in the quiet town of Brewster. The Old Sea Pines Inn has a feel of a Bed and Breakfast, but has far more options in room, bed, and/or suite configurations. Be sure to ask about the bathroom fixtures...some baths are claw foot tubs that are difficult for showering. North Cottage has modern bathrooms. The breakfast is a buffet with a variety of offerings...some healthy and good and some just good! The value is unmatched for summertime on Cape Cod. Off season specials and rates are even more reasonable. Cape Cod in September is special!

Room Tip: Rooms in the North Cottage have a modern private bath and no stairs!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I stayed here for a friend's wedding in June and had a lovely time. We were in the Bickford Room on the second floor, which was very nicely decorated in the historic style and had a lot of space. The only downside was that our (private) bathroom was across the hall in front of the stairs to the third floor, but we were provided bathrobes and the bathroom itself was a good size. My friends were in the room next door with 2 twin beds and ensuite bathroom, and their room was also very lovely. I couldn't hear any noise from any of the other guests over the A/C, so I slept well both nights. My favorite spot was the large porch outside with rocking chairs.

Breakfast was average (assortment of breads, eggs, sausage links, fruit) but the dinner at the wedding reception was great, and I was told that Steve (one of the innkeepers) does all the food.

There isn't really a main strip of shops/restaurants in Brewster, unlike other Cape towns, but because of this it was very relaxing to stay in Brewster and it really felt like stepping back into another era. There are a couple seafood places down Main Street in either direction that are very easy to walk to, and we also walked to the beach (about half a mile away). Because we were on the bay side, the water was calm and felt very warm, shocking for mid-June!

The Old Sea Pines is worth a stay, especially in the historic rooms, if you find yourself in Brewster.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My first stay in Cape Cod was not a disappointment! We attended a wedding and since it was Cape Cod, we decided to make a 4 day weekend out of it.

I'm very weary of B&B's only because of how thin the walls and floors are. I'm a light sleeper and anything will wake me up. This place has solid firm floors and decent doors. I was very impressed. The room we stayed in on the 3rd floor was small but nothing we couldn't handle. Decent beds and nice antique furniture.

We had snacks on the front porch with a nice breeze and breakfast in the mornings on the back porch/patio. We couldn't ask for a better place. The garden out back was rich with smells of flowers and plants and bees buzzing around.

We brought our bikes and they had a place for those as well! A bike rack!!

We got back to the Inn on Saturday night from the wedding we attended... and there just happened to be a wedding reception going on in the Inn. We were a bit surprised by it but once we got to our room, we couldn't hear any noise 2 floors below.

Would I go back? I think so but since this was my first time, I'd like to explore other places. I would definitely recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachbum13_traveler
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this inn for the past 20 years. The location is perfect and the Innkeepers will bend over backwards to ensure that your stay is pleasant. The Inn, itself, is a special place; a former girls school (for charm and personality!) and it retains a "sense of place". All too rare in this world of sterile Days Inns. We have stayed elsewhere on the Cape- when no rooms were available at Sea Pines- but, to us, the Sea Pines is what the Cape is all about: relaxed, friendly, and the perfect place to decompress.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank northforktraveler404
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Have stayed in this lovely Inn on many occasions. It has always been top notch and the Inn keepers and Staff are truly awesome. Full of detailed information on all the attractions, side trips, shopping and resturants in the area. A wide variety of rooms, both "historic" and more modern gives you many choices. They also ably host parties, modest sized weddings, group gatherings, etc. Continental and full breakfast in the mornings send you on your days tasks in fine shape. They also host an annual dinner show with a local theater group that is a fabulous treat. Book it early, though as it is usually sold out quickly.

Room Tip: Main Inn has many to choose from and all are on the second or third floor, some with a small sitting...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2011

My girlfriend and I decided to drive to the East coast for our vacation. This B&B being cheap, seemed like a good place to stay.

The inside was nice. There is one large room in the front with a fireplace and various seats. There is a lap top, which I assume anyone could have used. Breakfast is included. There is an open back porch you could eat it on overlooking gardens. We got the cheap rooms, and when they say they are tiny, they are telling you the truth. They seemed clean enough. I had read on here about bedbugs - no signs, spiders - yes, they were there, and grouchy inn keepers - maybe, we didnt interact with them much.

I would stay here again, the rooms were cheap.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple