“Nice place to stay”
Review of Old Sea Pines Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brewster
Old Sea Pines Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Brewster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights recently. Room was fine, food was fine, staff was quite pleasant. Nice, homey atmosphere. The location is very good, as you're within a reasonable drive to the entire Cape. We stayed in the North cottage, which is farthest from Rt. 6A, and we heard no road noise at all. If I were to return here, I'd request to stay in the same building.

We had a TV in our room, but channel selection is somewhat limited and a bit confusing.
There is just a hint of eccentricity to Steve, the Innkeeper, which I found engaging, but some "type-A" personalities might not "get" it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the North cottage are farthest from the road, and, likely, quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matthew F

Reviewed 15 September 2012

This inn really feels more like a B&B with the cosy furnishings and friendly hosts. They are very helpful when you are looking for something to do or a nice restaurant, and will make all your calls and reservations for you. We stayed in the main house on the top floor, the room could have been bigger but it was overall very nice. The included buffet-style breakfast was great, they serve different hot dishes each morning to give some variation, and each was delicious. Tea and coffee are always ready, and you can spend many hours reading in the common rooms on the first floor, our out on the porches. The location is nice and central, so you can get to each end of the Cape quickly. Overall, a great place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lotte O
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We enjoyed our three night stay at The Old Sea Pines Inn. I believe we stayed in The Rowan Room (#7) in the main building which is spacious and comfortable with a cute little reading room in the front. There is also a large library/reading room on the first floor. Breakfast is included and offered a nice variety as well as plenty of seating inside and out. The property is very well maintained and nicely set up for a wedding or larger even. The hosts and staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Just spent one night here, but the people couldn't be nicer and the place is charming.
Formerly a school, the buildings and garden are lovingly kept, classic New England style.
Our room in the north cottage was pretty and comfortable, and the bathroom modern with great plush towels. There is a tv ,but the tiniest screen I've ever seen! I only wish the breakfast buffet was less generic, maybe with fresh pastries and local jams? That would be my only disappointment, the breakfast...everything else was very nice!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My husband and I stayed four wonderful nights at this historic property, formerly a girls' finishing school. Our room, The Rowan Tree, was just lovely, much larger than I expected, with a private bathroom and small sitting room just off the bedroom with windows overlooking the front of the property. The bed was extremely comfortable!! Every morning, a beautiful breakfast was served, and you can dine on the large porch overlooking the lovely, flower-filled garden. There is another, long porch fronting the building with rocking chairs--perfect for relaxing with a book, planning the next day's activities, or enjoying a pre-dinner cocktail. Our innkeepers, Michele and Steve, along with the entire staff, were always present to lend a helping hand, answer questions, and do whatever they could to enhance our stay. We truly enjoyed our (first) visit to The Cape, and will return to the Old Sea Pines Inn as soon as we can!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2012

My stay in June, 2012 was my third and not my last. This is an historic property in a great location in the quiet town of Brewster. The Old Sea Pines Inn has a feel of a Bed and Breakfast, but has far more options in room, bed, and/or suite configurations. Be sure to ask about the bathroom fixtures...some baths are claw foot tubs that are difficult for showering. North Cottage has modern bathrooms. The breakfast is a buffet with a variety of offerings...some healthy and good and some just good! The value is unmatched for summertime on Cape Cod. Off season specials and rates are even more reasonable. Cape Cod in September is special!

Room Tip: Rooms in the North Cottage have a modern private bath and no stairs!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I stayed here for a friend's wedding in June and had a lovely time. We were in the Bickford Room on the second floor, which was very nicely decorated in the historic style and had a lot of space. The only downside was that our (private) bathroom was across the hall in front of the stairs to the third floor, but we were provided bathrobes and the bathroom itself was a good size. My friends were in the room next door with 2 twin beds and ensuite bathroom, and their room was also very lovely. I couldn't hear any noise from any of the other guests over the A/C, so I slept well both nights. My favorite spot was the large porch outside with rocking chairs.

Breakfast was average (assortment of breads, eggs, sausage links, fruit) but the dinner at the wedding reception was great, and I was told that Steve (one of the innkeepers) does all the food.

There isn't really a main strip of shops/restaurants in Brewster, unlike other Cape towns, but because of this it was very relaxing to stay in Brewster and it really felt like stepping back into another era. There are a couple seafood places down Main Street in either direction that are very easy to walk to, and we also walked to the beach (about half a mile away). Because we were on the bay side, the water was calm and felt very warm, shocking for mid-June!

The Old Sea Pines is worth a stay, especially in the historic rooms, if you find yourself in Brewster.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends