“Sugar Cane Dinner”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery
Description: SugarCane was open for its business in March 2008 We are a small establishment who want to be part of community. SugarCane is the place that you can be very comfortable even you are by yourself, or be in the company with your friend and love one. You! As our customer that makes us what it is today. We are considering a great privilege to serve you and to have you as ours customer. Our Menu items are combinations ofThai | Korean | Chinese | Japanesemade only with the freshest ingredients and cooked fresh to order. Gluten-free dishes are available.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Heard from a coworker this resturant got great reviews on Yelp, should of checked Trip Advisor also. Staff was very pleasant, resturant and restroom was clean. Two meals on the other hand were overcooked. Chicken fingers looked like they came from a Pizza resturant not an Asian resturant. The best food choice here was the crab rangoons. This was not enough to have a second trip to this resturant.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Nice change of pace at lunch, with many affordable items to choose from and a cozy atmosphere, too. Food choices varied and delectable, with your choice of Asian, Chinese or Mandarin styles of cooking.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Let me start by saying that I have been to this restaurant numerous times during the past few years and have very mixed feelings about it. I'll start with the positives: clean, peaceful, very pleasant staff, good appetizers with a few choices that are unique to this restaurant (or at least I have never seen them on other Thai menus) like Roti which is scallion pancakes with a choice of beef green curry or chicken massaman. Tempura, both shrimp and veggie, are delicious, seaweed salad is great served in a martini glass with shredded carrots beneath and a maraschino cherry on top and even the calamari, although I've only had it once, was excellent. The menu is huge and there is something that will appeal to everyone in your party. Now the negatives: The meat they use is sub-par. Just about every dish I have tried, whether it was seafood (with the exception of the shrimp tempura and calamari appetizers), chicken, duck, or beef, has been disappointing. The seafood pad thai and pad se ew had the tiniest dried out and flavorless scallops, shrimp, and calamari. The beef was tough, and the chicken was rubbery when stir-fried and dried out, stringy, and burnt when "crispy." I don't know what kind of chicken they use but it looks like dark meat for the most part and scraps at that. When I've had crispy pad thai at other restaurants it's been the breast meat cut into juicy long strips, not these little dried out stringy bits that have been deep fried. Totally disgusting and inedible. Some of the other downers about this place is that the tables for one or two are tiny and set close together. It's unfortunate that their space is so small. I guess they are doing the best they can with the seating given what they have to work with but when you're the only customers in the entire place, you would think that they could give a party of two a little larger table. I also feel like they are sometimes so overly attentive that you feel like they're watching you eat which makes me feel uncomfortable. The last time I was there (and I mean this will most likely be the very last time I ever go there), I got there a few minutes before 4:00 and immediately asked the waitress if I was in time for lunch since they advertise broadly that they serve lunch until 4:00. She said yes and I gave her my order. She went into the kitchen and promptly returned telling me that they had already switched over to dinner so if I wanted that dish it would be at the dinner price. It was only a couple of bucks more so I agreed but I thought that was pretty shabby business since I was literally the only customer and it was not 4:00 yet. I should have gotten up and left at that point but I decided to stay because it was getting close to 4:00 and I had not had lunch yet and was really hungry! I had ordered the crispy pad thai thinking that the chicken would not be rubbery as it had been in the past when I ordered regular pad thai and clearly requested that they hold the bean sprouts which the waitress said was no problem. Since I was now ordering a dinner rather than lunch I upgraded it to the dinner combo which came with a cup of hot and sour soup and a small appetizer. The soup was good but the steamed shumai was cold. The pad thai came out with a huge mound of raw bean sprouts and bean sprouts cooked throughout even though I specifically requested no bean sprouts. The chicken scraps thrown on top of the noodles were burnt, fatty little dried out inedible bits. I tried a couple of pieces and wanted to spit them out in my napkin but I washed them down with some water and just left the rest on the plate along with some noodles and the huge mound of raw bean sprouts. I really should have sent it back but I just wanted to get out of there and have a mint to clear my palate. I had also ordered a pot of their jasmine ginger tea thinking that it would be delicious and soothing like it is at Crystal's Kitchen but I was sadly disappointed. It was very weak and had a bad taste and an even worse aroma. I made me feel like gagging. So despite the pleasant staff and the peaceful atmosphere I don't think I'll be back unless I limit the choices to appetizers and vegetarian dishes (the flavor and sauces are very good -- it's just the meat they use that grosses me out). Truthfully, though, given all of the other choices around (Crystal's Kitchen, Chatta Box, Pattaya, even Route 138 Thai), I don't think I'll be returning any time soon, if at all.

1  Thank notwithoutollie
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Sugar cane is a great place for a nice lunch with family. The atmosphere is great and the servers are sweet.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

I think I had lunch here three times in one week during December. Always quick service and so many dishes to choose from. Just writing this makes me crave the crispy pad thai. I wish the chicken was all white meat, but it's delicious and tender in any case (just a personal preference). The tangerine beef is quite lovely as well and the lemons and mint in your water is a nice touch. Get there early because it tends to fill up quickly around noon with local business folk.