“NESLC”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Brockton
Westerville, Ohio, Usa
“NESLC”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The residence Inn by Marriott is a wonderful apartment with all the amenities. The kitchen was very clean with full size appliances like the refrigerator, stove microwave and dish washer. I was there on business and I was in and out very quickly. I did not have the opportunity to take advantage of all the extras.

Room Tip: The hotel is very near Stone Hill College and would be the ideal place to stay if you were visiting...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Michael M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Boston Brockton, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Harvey,

Thank you for the wonderful review on our hotel! I am pleased to hear you were satisfied with our accommodations and amenities. I am also happy that you shared the fact our location is so closed to Stone Hill. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and we all look forward to your next stay when you are in our area again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the residence inn after a family event. There were a few hiccups while we stayed but overall it was a good stay. The pool was open, breakfast was good and the rooms were clean and the ac cold. The front desk was able to fix any problems we had.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank brian s
ResidenceInnBrockton, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Brockton, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
First, we appreciate your feedback and value your opinion. I apologize for your inconvenience during your recent stay. However, I am glad we were able to address your concerns and look forward to your return if you're ever back in the area.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Very expensive for what you get. Both bedrooms had only one bed in them. The sleeper sofa took up the entire living area when folded out, but we couldn't even use ours because it was broken and the mattress was seriously about 2 inches thick and collapsed
in the middle. This was not the family friendly hotel room I dreamed of or paid for. By the way, everything else was great, but the bed situation made it a bad value for us.

• Stayed June 2014
Michael M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Boston Brockton, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Lisatravels4608,

Thank you for the review regarding your recent stay. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations. I wish you would have reported the bedding situation to the Front Desk, so that we could have gotten you another mattress, or a roll-a-way bed. I will have my housekeeping department go through each room and test our sleeper sofa mattresses. I do hope you will give us another chance when you are in the area! Feedback like yours is very important to us to know where we excelled and need improvements.
York Beach, Maine
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night.The bed was comfortable.The room was clean.When I arrived at my room an employee was meticulously working to get a stain out of the carpet.He was successful.This is probably an older facility but well cared for. I was impressed that at the evening meal the manager went around to see if everyone found things satisfacvtory.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ResidenceInnBrockton, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Boston Brockton, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Mainelytravel,

Thank you for posting a review about our property on Tripadvisor! We are very pleased in hearing that your room was clean and comfortable. We take great pride in making sure our hotel is clean and welcoming! I am also glad to hear you took advantage of our Manager's Evening Reception! I glad once again everything was to your liking! Please visit us again on your next stay in the Brockton/Boston area!

Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here because of the short distance from the hotel to Stonehill College, which was no more than a 5 minute drive. We were in town for our son to take an admissions tour. We are always conscious of price as we have a limited budget so booked a studio but when we checked in we had been upgraded to a two room suite. Cool! Our son was thrilled with his own room, tv and bathroom. The room was extraordinarily clean and mostly quiet. There was some highway noise at night but it didn't bother us and if it had, we could have used the hotel provided earplugs. The staff was cheerful and helpful. The beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. The breakfast was good. Standard hotel fare of eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and fruit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sadiebun
Dear Sadiebun,

Thank you for the kind review you provided about our property, and of course, we wish your son best of luck at Stonehill! We are so pleased you had such a wonderful experience! We hope the next time you are in our area, you consider staying with us again!

rhode island
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I recently stayed here for a wedding that I was attending. Upon first glance, the property is clean, well maintained, and very attractive to the eye. The same feeling went with the interior as well and the staff was extremely kind. Every staff member I encountered smiled and said "hello"; it was all very welcoming. I was even impressed to see the GM walking around and assisting her employees in day-to-day activities. Working in hotels as well, I found it very humbling to see a GM working alongside her staff. I believe this truly adds to the morale and positivity that her staff possesses.

There were some things I would suggest to enhance the stay a bit more. As I said, I was here with a wedding and the room we were in was part of the room block. I was actually sharing a two-bedroom suite with the bride and bridal party. It was well appointed and spacious. More than enough room for all of us to get ready in our own space, while being able to hang out together. The beds and pillows were incredibly comfortable and it made it very easy to sleep in!

However, the arm chair in the living area was severely deteriorated. Although you could still sit and relax, it was very dirty and all of the leather had been stripped from the arms. It was so dirty, we mostly pushed it off to the side. I would suggest either buying a new one, or taking it out of the room completely. It truly was the only eyesore. Also, the hotel knew this was a bridal suite but there wasn't ice already set up. The room did come with a full size fridge but the staff didn't turn the ice maker on. Since this is a suite style hotel, they do not have ice makers and promote the usage of the ones in your freezer. Normally, this would not be a big deal, but I felt as though that for the bride, there should have been ice already set up in the room for her. Even when we turned the ice maker on in the freezer, it still took awhile before it was ready for us. But again, all staff was very helpful in grabbing me ice from the kitchen.

Lastly, the parking could be slightly improved. Although they have a rather large lot, there is not a space for each room, especially if snow mounds on hiding other spaces. We came back after the wedding and could not find a spot anywhere. Some cars even had to parallel themselves into spots that were not designated for parking. I went into inquire at the desk about overflow parking and the gentleman was very kind but ultimately did not have another option for us. He and the security guard offered the parallel spots and when I told them they were already occupied, they had no other suggestions, not even a street parking suggestion. The security guard then said we could take his spot when he left at 4AM. He was nice but to me, I felt as though he shouldn't be occupying a guest space on a busy Saturday night. I felt that he should've moved his vehicle for us and parked in front of the entrance. He would be doing rounds all evening, therefore if there were an issue, he could move his car at anytime. They could look into making a deal with the VW dealership next door. Maybe they could agree on using their back/service lot as an overflow and offer guests a tag to hang in their cars. I'm assuming they wouldn't need too many spaces but when you have nothing to offer the guest, this may be an alternate until something better comes along.

Other than those two pointers, the overall stay was very nice and I would recommend it. Being a Front Office Manager for a luxury hotel, I can say that the service here is very good and overall, I left satisfied. Just work on those two things and I would recommend this property 100%.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank HospBot39
Dear HospBot39,

I want to thank you for your review on our property, Our GM is very proud of assisting her employees, and doing day-to-day activities. This is definitely why we have such a great staff at the hotel! I am glad to hear our two bedroom suite was to your satisfaction. Regarding the chair in the room, this has been addressed with Engineering, and was taken care of in all of our two bedroom suites. Anytime it snows, parking is tough everywhere. Thank you for your suggestions, as we are constantly looking for new ways to improve things, especially snow! We hope to see you again on your next to visit to our area!

Sunapee, New Hampshire
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed here on a shopping excursion to Ikea, Costco, et al over the weekend. Good location, good rates. Friendly responsive staff. Free internet. Free breakfast. Nice pool, and hot tub. The room we reserved (one bedroom suite) had been smoked in. The front desk staff was great - very eager to put us in a different room and even agreed to let us have a two bedroom suite instead. The decor is a bit tired but clean so no issues there. The furniture though could use an update. The chair and pull out couch in the room were very uncomfortable forcing us to watch the Patriots game in the bedrooms. And then when we had breakfast the next morning, we found similarly uncomfortable chairs in the dining room. Not a big deal, but when they do a renovation (hopefully not too long from now!) this should be corrected.

Room Tip: The room seemed to block the road noise so long as we closed the windows (which by the way all opene...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear John C,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor! I am certainly glad you were pleased with our rooms, amenities, and of course our staff. Our staff is also eager to help when a problem does arise. Regarding the furniture, we have done much work to our furniture, and would love for you to see it. I do hope the next time you are in the Brockton/Boston area you will consider staying with us again!

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)
Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton
Courtyard Boston Stoughton
Residence Inn Boston Bridgewater
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Rockland

Been to Residence Inn Boston Brockton? Share your experiences!