“Holiday Treat”

Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Brockton
Reviewed 27 July 2013

First room was Roomy and very clean. Great location right across from the mall ,also a half mile away a golf course , Restaurants and fast food tall around the hotel. Then there is this most beautiful park "DW great for picnics drive-through bring the family just you Gorgeous

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Michael B
Thomas L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Michael B,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and positive comments about the area. We are so glad that you enjoyed a clean and quiet room and that our staff treated you well. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again at the Holiday Inn Express Boston-Brockton!

Sincerely, Tom Lehnen General Manager

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Check into my hotel and first thing is slow/non-existent Internet. Would have to go to lobby for that. Then the black out curtains don't close. Bright parking lot spotlights shining into my room. Took advice from a review on here and hung towels from the hangar clips to block the flood lights. Hotel full so couldn't get moved. For 169 a night I have 2 options for tomorrow. Stay here or go the Hilton in providence...go Hilton providence. I would rather have a crappy drive than a crappy hotel room. If you're here to party and smoke weed (like other occupants) than this is fine but for work, forget it!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jwgrebin
Thomas L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Jwgrebin,

Thank you very much for your business and the time that you took to write this review. We greatly appreciate reviews, good or bad and use your valuable feedback to help us make improvements in any product or services issues. It is unfortunate that other guests chose to ignore our 100% smoke free policy. The guests that you refered to as smoking were fortunately also discovered by management and asked to leave. The internet speed is something we are looking into as we haven't received complaints on that. The other issues have also been addressed with staff.

I really appreciate the opportunity to address the issues with your stay and your honest. We hope that you may once again consider us sometime in the future.

Sincerely, Tom Lehnen General Manager

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a trip to Boston. The rooms have been updated recently but the halls and elevator have not had the same renovations. I found the price tag a bit much but I guess that just comes with the territory of traveling in the northeast. We received great service from the front desk and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank karrmichael
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed here years ago when it was a Holiday Inn in need of renovation about 6 years ago. When I had to book back in the are I found it had changed to a Holiday Inn Express. The hotel lobby is very attractive and modern, the rooms are clean and updated, and the rest of the hotel is above average. I would definitely go back as it has finally become a modern clean hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank deemantz
Thomas L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Deemantz,

We would like to thank you for such a fantastic review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Boston-Brockton! Your observations of our renovation are right on the money!! We love it too and can't wait to have you return in the near future. Thanks so much for staying with us and this very valuable review.

Sincerely, Tom

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We spent one night at this hotel and were very pleased. The hotel was clean and quiet and our room was quite attractive, spacious, and comfortable. Plenty of parking. The hotel is right next to a shopping mall with a number of restaurants close by.

The staff was excellent and very helpful. The breakfast was one of the better ones we have seen in the past few trips we have made. Good variety, well laid out, plenty of seating, and the food was good for that type of breakfast.

We recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dan F
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Hotel is nice and well maintained. Rooms are very spacious and beds are kept clean. The staff are courteous. Service is really quick. Front desk people are very serious and do not smile. Food is just above average. The location is near to many local attractions.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ACCUDIN
Reviewed 4 June 2013

When I booked this hotel, I was excited to receive a Holiday Inn Express at a great price through Priceline. However, I quickly discovered this hotel is the old "Westgate Hotel & Convention Center" I stayed at about three years ago -- which is the only time I ever left a hotel and paid to book another hotel!

Holiday Inn did a good job of renovating the hotel. The lobby area is all new and the hallways have new carpet and wall paper. Most of the smoke odor has been eliminated. The guest rooms have newer wall paper, new beds and furniture, and clean bathrooms. The morning breakfast bar was up to par with any other Holiday Inn Express.

But this hotel has many problems. First, the curtain in my room was partly detached and left a giant void when closed. This was a problem since my room was on the first floor and faced the parking lot. I asked the front desk if I could have another room or the curtain fixed. I was told they could changed the room since I booked through Priceline! So, I used towels and hangers to block out the light and view.

The A/C unit has not been updated and it omits a horrible mildewy odor. The bathrooms have open shared vents with no fan. You hear everything in the neighboring bathroom (hairdryer, clippers). I left my hotel room around 11am and retired at 8pm to find housekeeping did not clean my room. The front desk informed me they could provide service and the policy is to notify the front desk if you leave your room after 10am. At least they gave me a few towels and new toiletries.

It was a Friday night (May 31) and around midnight a few non guests were hanging out in the parking lot, drinking, and blasting their stereo systems. This continued for a while before I called my front desk from my cell phone (I figured the guy at the desk would be annoyed if he knew it was me). He said he would ask them to leave but the noise did not stop until 1:30am!

I was never so happy to leave a hotel.

Room Tip: Request an upper level room facing the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Michael C
Thomas L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Dear Micakron,

Thank you very much for all of your feedback and for staying with us. We are very pleased that you rated us well on the physical conditions and value our renovation. We are concerned about the issues that you ran into during your stay and apologize for these inconveniences. I will be contacting you directly in order to gain any additional feedback so as to address any problems accordingly. For community reference, all of our air conditioning/heating units have been replaced within 1 year and the bathroom exhaust fans have all been replaced as of last week. We greatly appreciate your business and I look forward to the opportunity to speak to you personally!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)
Residence Inn Boston Brockton
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Foxboro

Been to Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton? Share your experiences!