“Found bed bugs on my last night!!”

Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Brockton
Toronto, Canada
“Found bed bugs on my last night!!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights for a business trip 2 weeks ago. My first impression was that the hotel exterior, lobby, and hallways looked very worn and outdated. However, when I got into my room, I was pleasantly surprised to find it had been renovated. So I enjoyed my room for the first 2 nights none the wiser. BUT on the 3rd night, as I was about to get into bed, I discovered a small dark speck on my sheets. It was moving, and as I looked closer, I realized it was a bed bug! I instantly killed it and went to search the rest of my bed. To my disgust, I found 3 more bed bugs!! At this point, I did a search of my mattress and sheets, and fortunately, did not discover any more. Normally, I would've gone down to the lobby to complain, but it was past midnight and I was extremely tired and did not want the hassle of moving rooms, so I decided to sleep in my current room. I did one last check of my bed and then went to sleep. Luckily, I'm not one that gets too creeped out by bugs, so I was able to sleep. However, it did ruin my whole experience staying at this hotel and I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank pkpk85
Thomas L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear pkpk85,
We are indeed very sorry and disappointed to read about the terrible experience that you had during your stay with us. We take extreme precaution to inspect and properly address any room that may have presence of an insect. Although we did not find any additional insect issues with this room after our inspection, we did call in an expert company to treat the room accordingly. This room underwent a comprehensive heat treatment which eliminates any insects that may have been present. Please be assured that this situation was rare, but that the immediate responsive measures that were taken would be repeated should a similar situation occur. Once again, we apologize for what happened and want to thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Tom Lehnen, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
DuBois, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Traveling as much as I do for work, I really appreciate a great hotel. I want to feel "at home" when I am away for as many as 3-4 days at a time. I have to say I didn't feel that way here.
I have come to think the Holiday Inn Express chain is typically always a step down from most hotels.
This one looked a bit like a renovated Comfort Inn...the bathroom tub was worn, the commode was literally black inside when I returned back to my room on the 2nd day.
The room had an odd smell to it which made me feel uncomfortable.
Some of the staff was nice enough, but others basically ignored you.
Breakfast?? UGH! If you like those "hotel eggs" and they typical choices of bread and yogurt then you'll be happy.

Room Tip: I was put on the first floor...definitely noisy as late as 1am and as early as 6am. Not happy about...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank pam15801
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear pam15801,

Thank you for your review. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. We would greatly appreciate further information in order that we can investigate further.

We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Regards,

Brenda Johnson
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Every associate we had inter action with went out of their way to ensure we had a great stay. We arrived late night and the night auditor was friendly and processed us right into our room. We had a lost bag from the airlines and the Front Desk Team was on the watch as we had medicine in our luggage, they were so quick to make sure that when it arrived it was delivered to us in minutes.The rooms were extremely clean and well appointed. We had super weather and used the AC unit and suprisingly it was rather quiet and working well. The breakfast area was inviting and plentiful for seating and the food was served hot. The hotel has an indoor salt water pool and my wife enjoyed several refreshing laps. When in the area again we will stay right here

Room Tip: The rooms facing the interior courtyard havce a nice mornig sun.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank larrywelch613
Dear larrywelch613,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Boston-Brockton for your recent visit to the area. We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed the accommodations and that our friendly staff helped to make your stay a memorable one. We are so pleased that you enjoyed and appreciated the Salt Water pool. It is truly amazing how much cleaner these pools are and without that strong chlorine smell. We hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely, Tom Lehnen, General Manager
Lenox, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This hotel was one of the best I have ever experienced, (including more expensive hotels).
The room was comfortable, quiet and convenient. The bed was super comfortable and I got a great night's sleep. TV and internet service was excellent. Fitness center was above average for a hotel and the swimming pool was the perfect temperature, with the sunlight coming in the big picture window. I had the pool to myself for an enjoyable swim after working out in the Fitness Room which is conveniently located right next to the pool.

The free breakfast is comprehensive, with eggs, bacon, good coffee and lots of muffins, bagels etc to make for a great breakfast. Staff is helpful and attentive.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

3 Thank yogapaint
Thomas L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Yogapaint,

We would like to thank you for such a fantastic review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Boston-Brockton! Its great to know that you appreciated the quiet and convenient location, comfy bed, excellent internet/tv, above average pool/fitness room and the comprehensive breakfast! We hope that you will return in the near future and I would ask that you contact me directly at that time so that I can personally take care of your reservation.

Sincerely, Tom
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

A+ couldn't fault the place. Loved the warm cookies on arrival. Room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was one of the best I've had in my 6 months driving around the USA, first place to give pancakes. Was really happy with my stay.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank megantravels_13
Dear megantravels_13,
What a great review! Wow and thank you! We are very happy that you enjoyed Holiday Inn Express Boston-Brockton and would love to have you to stay in our home again! Glad to see that you enjoyed our food offerings so much. We have quite a value going for us and really appreciate your business. Please do contact me at that time and I will personally look after your reservation.
Tom Lehnen, General Manager
Abuja
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We spent about 12 nights in this hotel. It was a breathtaking experience. Great customer service, great security, homey room,the beds were like sweet dreams and the breakfast were appetizing.The swimming pool was a relaxation for us. Great environment near malls and restaurants. The work force relationship with the guest is sweeter than honey. Our greetings to Leo, angel, Anessia, chessidy, Tom and lots of them. They were great. Chris

Room Tip: The house keep is super with all relevant toiletries available
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

4 Thank Nnadi C
Dear Chris and Family,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Boston-Brockton for your recent visit to the area. We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed the accommodations during your 12 day trip abroad. We are so glad that our friendly staff helped to make your stay a memorable one. I agree completely that our convenient location is truly a great asset. We hope to see you again so we can show you even sweeter service!

Sincerely, Tom
Brockton, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Kind and courteous staff. Very clean. Very good hotel for the area is in. Close to the mall and restaurants. And still able to order out. Good breakfast. Awesome beds great sleep. Great customer service. A+++++. Would return with family.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

3 Thank Angel R
Thomas L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Angel R,
Thank you for your feedback and business! We always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations and are grateful that we met your expectations. We hope to see you in the near future!
Kind Regards, Tom Lehnen, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)
Residence Inn Boston Brockton
Courtyard Boston Stoughton
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Best Western Rockland
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood

Been to Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton? Share your experiences!