“Always Worthwhile”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Always Worthwhile”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We go here often when grandchildren visit, since it's near our home, not expensive and not too big. The exhibits change often and there's much that's fun to look at. We have also enjoyed some of their musical events.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Cearsgk

Moscow, Idaho
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“This place is a gem”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was very, very impressed by the museum and the exhibits I saw there this past Fall. I hope that people make the trip down from Boston to visit this high quality museum. I saw work by world-class furniture makers, fiber artists, ceramic artists and weavers. I particularly like the group exhibit of baskets. There was some very modern, innovative work. I hope to visit the museum whenever I am near Boston.

Visited November 2013
Brockton, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great value for the money!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I have been able to catch some great musicians and performances at their Thursday night art series. Plus the food and wine is an added bonus.

Visited May 2013
South Windsor, Connecticut
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Great craft museum”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I participated in a craft demonstration here with some friends to teach the public about woodturning and decoration. I had a great time demonstrating and browsing the museum during breaks.

Visited May 2013
Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Little Museum/Fabulous Exhibits!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

By boyfriend and I visited on a winter Sunday afternoon in March. The soulful and colorful exhibits of the exhibit titled:The Stories We Tell with artwork by Tommy Simpson, Michelle Holzapfel, and Binh Pho drew me in and kept me curious and connected the whole way through. The staff was eager to share knowledge regarding permanent and interactive exhibits. There is outdoor space here too, which seems like it would be great to explore in warmer weather.

They have workshops and lectures there by the artists and a free night during the month (check the website.) I would not expect to buy too much at the gift shop unless you have a surplus of disposable cash. Nevertheless, this is a great little museum and completely worth your time if you appreciate craft art.

Visited March 2014