“If its not Greek it's not good”
Review of Christo's - CLOSED

Christo's
Cuisines: Greek, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I was anxiously anticipating my last visit to christos. Unfortunately I left with a bad toast in my mouth-literally. My husband and I ordered a appetizer sampler, it was ok. Nothing too special but not that bad. We got Greek salads that came with our meal and they were the highlight of our visit. My husband ordered the lamb and was impressed. I ordered the country fried chicken and was very disappointed. It was a very dark brown and beer battered!??!? I've never had it served that way. The "supreme" sauce was a thin chicken base, not good at all and the mashed potatoes were instant. I didn't have the opportunity to tell our waitress how awful it was as she only asked if things were ok as she rushed by and didn't even come close to stopping. I was a little annoyed that it should have been obvious that I literally ate 2 bites other than the fries and she didn't think to once ask if there was something wrong with my meal. It was one of the worst meals I've been served in a restaurant. I had fond memories of christos. Now I must say I'm not sad to see them close. I was a waitress for 15+ years and even on my worst, busiest day would not have "not noticed" a customer was so unhappy. I understand she was busy and she didn't cook my meal however, I expected her to realize I was unhappy. I don't like to complain or send food back. I ate the rest of the bread and did leave full but if christos was remaining open I most likely would not return. If you go for your last meal stick to the Greek specialties. I think they shoul not have anything else as they clearly haven't mastered much other than pizza, lamb and salad.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I've been going here since they opened in 1964, first with my Parents & Sister and later with my Wife. Just had an early dinner here today and the food was just as good as I remember it in the past. Service by Lisa was awesome, especially considering how many tables she was dealing with. Sadly it's closing on December 31st, but I strongly suggest heading there for old times sake! Chris' Daughter told me that the closing was something her Father wanted done after his death, so this isn't a business failing and closing but a business going out while they are still on top!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I'm an EMT and with long hours and crazy calls, it's not always easy to eat well on an ambulance. But whenever my partner and I know we will be in the Brockton area, we try to make it over for the best Pie on the east coast. Service is great. Good food and super friendly. Listen to the medical professional...christos is good for your healthy appetite.

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

It's sadly closing.

Get there for one last Greek Salad and Pizza before the doors permanently close on this Brockton institution on December 31st.

1  Thank GGM5171
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We have been going to this place for 35 years. The owner recently passed and we haven't been there for about 6 months. Was the best restaurant of the area. Since his passing, the food is very pricey and the drinks have almost doubled in price. The hostesses including the daughter of the owner has some kind of attitude when you come in. I think she thinks she is better than us and her help treats you the same way. I predict this establishment will only be around maybe another year. We will not go back. Too many other reasonably priced places to go.
God bless you Chris, it was a good run. But, you didn't pass on to family your work ethics.

3  Thank Philip W
christos1964, Owner at Christo's, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Sir:
We're very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your most recent visit to the restaurant as much as you always have. We're especially sorry that you feel our staff, most of whom have been with us for years, have an "attitude." We truly look forward to seeing every guest, and would never intend to come across otherwise. We must correct one thing, however. Our prices on our food and drinks have not changed in almost two years. The owner passed less than a year ago.
Thank you for your years of support.