“closing December 31 2013”
Review of Christo's - CLOSED

Christo's
Cuisines: Greek, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My favorite restaurant Christos is closing the end of this month. It was the home of the famous Greek salad and lamb dinners.. I especially love their lemon rice soup and pizzas. They take reservations only for a party of 10. the lunch specials are $9.99 which includes salad, coffee and dessert. the dinner special includes everything for $15.99. visit this wonderful place or you will never know how a meal can be so good for little money. I had a pizza, salad and a Brandy Alexander tonight. Brockton, MA is where it is located.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I was anxiously anticipating my last visit to christos. Unfortunately I left with a bad toast in my mouth-literally. My husband and I ordered a appetizer sampler, it was ok. Nothing too special but not that bad. We got Greek salads that came with our meal and they were the highlight of our visit. My husband ordered the lamb and was impressed. I ordered the country fried chicken and was very disappointed. It was a very dark brown and beer battered!??!? I've never had it served that way. The "supreme" sauce was a thin chicken base, not good at all and the mashed potatoes were instant. I didn't have the opportunity to tell our waitress how awful it was as she only asked if things were ok as she rushed by and didn't even come close to stopping. I was a little annoyed that it should have been obvious that I literally ate 2 bites other than the fries and she didn't think to once ask if there was something wrong with my meal. It was one of the worst meals I've been served in a restaurant. I had fond memories of christos. Now I must say I'm not sad to see them close. I was a waitress for 15+ years and even on my worst, busiest day would not have "not noticed" a customer was so unhappy. I understand she was busy and she didn't cook my meal however, I expected her to realize I was unhappy. I don't like to complain or send food back. I ate the rest of the bread and did leave full but if christos was remaining open I most likely would not return. If you go for your last meal stick to the Greek specialties. I think they shoul not have anything else as they clearly haven't mastered much other than pizza, lamb and salad.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I've been going here since they opened in 1964, first with my Parents & Sister and later with my Wife. Just had an early dinner here today and the food was just as good as I remember it in the past. Service by Lisa was awesome, especially considering how many tables she was dealing with. Sadly it's closing on December 31st, but I strongly suggest heading there for old times sake! Chris' Daughter told me that the closing was something her Father wanted done after his death, so this isn't a business failing and closing but a business going out while they are still on top!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I'm an EMT and with long hours and crazy calls, it's not always easy to eat well on an ambulance. But whenever my partner and I know we will be in the Brockton area, we try to make it over for the best Pie on the east coast. Service is great. Good food and super friendly. Listen to the medical professional...christos is good for your healthy appetite.

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

It's sadly closing.

Get there for one last Greek Salad and Pizza before the doors permanently close on this Brockton institution on December 31st.

1  Thank GGM5171