“Some Public Assistance Folks Residing” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Brockton
Rockland, Massachusetts
“Some Public Assistance Folks Residing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

Easy and doable if you are just a little rough around the edges, not a place that I would stay at with the family.

Older place, but seemed clean, some sort of bar attached, and wasn't loud when I was there on a Monday night.

Tractor trailer truck parking easy, but not too many cars in lot.

Management and staff very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank verylucrative

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

We just returned from a family travel vacation where we stopped at a different hotel each night. Of the 6 nights, this was the best.

The room was not necessarily a "suite" but sort of a fake suite with a counter/sink/fridge/microwave divider between the two queen size beds.

The air conditioning worked well and was quiet (a first on this trip).

The breakfast was very good -- complete with hot food.

The pool/hot tub were nice & clean (although we could have used a few more towels).

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank owl_wendy
Princeton, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

We chose this hotel because it is pet-friendly but it was very noisy (attached to a sports bar) and there were homeless families being housed in many of the rooms. It was fairly clean and the room was comfortable but I would not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ellenmaryf

Travellers are raving about these Brockton hotels

The Villages, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2009

I booked thru hotwire.com got the hotel info and then came on tripadvisor. I was nervous after reading reviews, but figured what the heck. I was traveling with 2 children and if it was as bad as I was reading I planned on just going to find another hotel. When we got there that front desk clerk was very helpful and friendly. Most clerks ignore kids she was chatting with my 2 which was nice. When we went to the room it was ok needs some updating but it was clean and the kids like the room so we decided that we would stay. It was quite and we felt safe. When we got up the next morning we went down for breakfast and met 2 housekeepers who were very nice and friendly. Upon check out the same girl was at the desk and she was very pleasant and friendly and remembered why we cere in the area and told us to have a nice time at the fair that we were going to. This place isn't the Ritz but it was nice and we enjoyed our stay if we are back down in the area we would stay again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2009

I didn't actually stay here because when I finally got checked in and my room key card reactivated (because it didn't work). I pulled back the blanket and saw a bed bug. I pulled back the sheets and discovered bed bugs all over the mattress. It was an awful sight and I am itching just thinking about it. I reserved the hotel through Hotwire.com. The hotel was very apologetic and helpful in trying to get hotwire to refund me for this room but Hotwiire.com gave me a hard time with reimbursement. Hotwire finally said that they will reimburse me. If you decide to stay here, please take my advice and check under the sheets before you stay so you don't wake up with uninvited friends bed bugs .

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank maudene
massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

I found this one a pretty good bargain . Though it is not a great looker from outside, the rooms were clean and had all amenities. The hotel staff was friendly and the bar was a good place to hangout in. They even had pool tables! It was great value for money.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank funtraveller_9
Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

I had no choice but to stay at this hotel... the hotel down the street was sold out...I have to say it wasn't bad at all ... comfortable. The bar was great, the staff was nice. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Miamitraveler0722
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)
Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton
#2 of 2 in Mansfield
BEST WESTERN Rockland
BEST WESTERN Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!