“Stay Away!!”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Brockton
Newport, Rhode Island
“Stay Away!!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Altho staff was nice the hotel smelled of marajuana aswell as a old dusty building then to the other guest which were shouting all night i was scaired to even come out of my room to complain so decided to wait it out and woke up itching all over i will NEVER stay at this hotel again unless it had som SERIOUS renovations done!!!

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank johnsononly
Sidd B, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 31 December 2013

Sidd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 3 December 2013

OK, first the good...the front desk staff was great and very helpful. Breakfast was good as well with lots of cereals, waffles, etc. This was the lowest priced hotel-chain type property in an area that is WAY overpriced to begin with (metro Boston). The motel is part of the Quality Inn chain so I figured 'how bad can it be'?.

Now, the not so good...by far, this was the most run down property I've stayed at in the Choice Hotels family and I've been a member for many years. It's on the edge of a "rough" neighborhood and seems to be a magnet for undesirable types. The hallway between the lobby and the main part of the hotel smelled horrible - I had to hold my breath each time I walked through.

Another reviewer below mentioned it may be a halfway / rental property ('By The Week' type of residence), and I would agree. Most of the people who were staying here didn't seem to be travelers, but renting rooms. I may see a mom & pop motel doing this but not a national chain like Quality Inn. There were also people loitering in the parking lot in the evenings - kind of creepy. I'm a single guy and was a little uneasy with this, so I would not recommend this motel for traveling families. For someone who is traveling through, needs a relatively inexpensive bed for the night, wants to get their Choice Rewards points, and won't be spending much time here, it's OK. Otherwise, choose another spot.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ronmichaels
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Also on the positive side I see that the staff was able to provide you with good service.

Travellers are raving about these Brockton hotels

BRATTLEBORO, VT
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I'm a Platinum Choice member, so I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. $110 a night is way over-priced. I agree with many of the TA reviewers about this property being run down. Very true. The customer service was good. The room was bad. Housekeeping did a poor job cleaning. There were water spots all over the sink and tinkle splash marks all over the toilet seat. Gross! I think housekeeping just took a dirty towel and gave one swipe over the whole bathroom. C'mon man! Breakfast was okay, typically of a choice hotel, nothing special. The owner(s) need to improve this property if they continue to ask $110/night. I will wait a year to see what happens. If there are no changes, I will take my business elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ILOVERMONT4
Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The staff was nice but that is all I can good about my stay! My air conditioner blew cold air but the air was hot in my room, the carpets not only had multiple stains but there was a huge iron burn in it. Above my headboard there was multiple stains and holes and bumps. My remote control for the 80's TV I had did not work and had no backing to it. After bringing it to the reception desk, they came back on turned the TV on manually but the reception was terrible and he had to play with the cables in the back of the TV to get it somewhat clear. He left to see if he could find another remote but just came back with the same remote with no backing and a new battery This has become a welfare hotel and there were so many families that lived there. I have no problem with that but don't advertise otherwise. For 110.00 dollars I could have stayed at another hotel that was honest about being rundown for half the cost.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Maureen0917
Colebrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

To be very honest, this cheap old motel really need improvement, repair and new carpets...

For the high price they are charging, it's really disappointing to say the least...

However, I really need to mention the stellar great customer service from the hotel manager Siddharta and her employee Laura... I was warmly welcome, very kind and courteous... They open me the doors, hold a cart for me, offer me some treats, and the manager even let me use his personal desktop to print a color page I needed... This is wonderful attentive customer service!!!

But, unfortunately, the room was very blah... Very old shower, dirty carpet... Nice flat screen tv but very slow and bad wifi Internet...

No fridge or microwave, no business center... Pretty basic breakfast... Ok I guess...

Will I come back ? Probably not but I did really appreciate the courtesy and kindness of the motel staff...

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank benoitleblanc
Sidd B, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear Mr. LeBlanc

First of all I want to Thank You for your Kind and Generous works for the staff members at Quality Inn Brockton. We also appreciate your feedback because it helps us improve our service standards and hopefully apply some of your valued suggestions for our guests. I would still hope you will give us another opportunity and stay with us again soon.

Thank you.
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 September 2012

The lounge was exceptional, the karaoke was out of this world. The guy that did Buddy Holly was impeccable, spot on. It's a wild ride for everyone enjoy! The excitement and entertainment was out of this world. Put on your seat belt this is one wild ride you don't want to miss!

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Sidd B, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Thank you very much for kind remarks on our Karaoke Performance. We also have Live Bands on Friday and Saturday nights. Please do visit us back soon!!!!
Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2012

The good: I got "upgraded" to a "jacuzzi suite."

The bad: The water ran incessantly in the jacuzzi tub and nobody could come to fix it until after i checked out. The "suite" wasn't one. "The linens had been changed (I think) which is more than I can say for my originally assigned room, which was uncleaned and looked as if it had been party-central for people i wouldn't have wanted to meet. The desk clerk at check-in proudly announced the availability of live music staring at 9 PM just off the lobby... not ideal for someone looking for a quiet night's sleep. When I protested the possible noise, I was offered a refund, which I gladly would have taken had I not known that every other property in town was fully booked.

The ugly: The breakfast room clientele was, to put it delicately, not what I am accustomed to seeing in a national chain.

General: The desk staff was personable and seemingly wanted to help. The two people I spoke to apologized profusely for the abominations I endured. One promised me a $20 credit on my bill and the other said she would request the GM approve a 50% reduction. Both of these promises proved to be nothing but empty words spoken by frustrated individuals.

Room Tip: Book early enough to find another motel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank RickNP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)
Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton
#1 of 3 in Rockland
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Raynham

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!