“"Don't do it" - BED BUGS!!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Brockton
MA
“"Don't do it" - BED BUGS!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2009

I didn't actually stay here because when I finally got checked in and my room key card reactivated (because it didn't work). I pulled back the blanket and saw a bed bug. I pulled back the sheets and discovered bed bugs all over the mattress. It was an awful sight and I am itching just thinking about it. I reserved the hotel through Hotwire.com. The hotel was very apologetic and helpful in trying to get hotwire to refund me for this room but Hotwiire.com gave me a hard time with reimbursement. Hotwire finally said that they will reimburse me. If you decide to stay here, please take my advice and check under the sheets before you stay so you don't wake up with uninvited friends bed bugs .

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank maudene

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
massachusetts
Reviewed 28 July 2009

I found this one a pretty good bargain . Though it is not a great looker from outside, the rooms were clean and had all amenities. The hotel staff was friendly and the bar was a good place to hangout in. They even had pool tables! It was great value for money.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank funtraveller_9
Miami
Reviewed 28 July 2009

I had no choice but to stay at this hotel... the hotel down the street was sold out...I have to say it wasn't bad at all ... comfortable. The bar was great, the staff was nice. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Miamitraveler0722
Boston
Reviewed 29 May 2009

The service is not the best but its ok. The room was standard but I can't say the same for the bed we spent one night but it was clear to see that we had company in the bed with us. The next day we woke up with bug bites all over, the mattress has bed bugs. I will never stay at this place again. The owner needs to call for pest control and get treatment for bed bugs, and change their mattress

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sdust

Travellers are raving about these Brockton hotels

nikkigurl
Reviewed 29 May 2009

Arrived at hotel only to find out all the pictures online are completely deceiving to what hotel actually looks like. The halls were dirty and smelly and there are clearly residents with young children who live there. The upstairs hallways had clearly had someone smoking pot in them because the smell was overwhelming. I would never stay at this hotel again and would never recommend this to anyone!! Also our room keys had to be changed four times because the machine was broken to the point where housekeeping had to start letting us into our room because they could not get a key to work properly and would not call the manager to see how to fix the machine. Also our room never got cleaned and we were not there at all on either of the days it should have been cleaned.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank nikkigurl
Waterbury, CT
Reviewed 1 October 2008

a nice hotel with very friendly front desk.the girl at desk was very helpful.we enjoyed live band in its lounge.

• Liked — very cosy
  • Disliked — too many people as perhaps it was sold out
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Surfside Beach, SC
Reviewed 16 September 2008

We are former Brockton residents-now living down south. This was once a very nice hotel called the Carlton House-handy to the expressway,and a nice local lounge,too. We were amazed at the condition,and the clientele staying there. Alot of street business going on-with families living there with small kids running up and down the dirty,smelly halls. I expected the room to be terrible-but it was clean-needed a new bathroom-but clean. I couldnt turn the tub handle by myself,and had to have my husband turn it on and off.
This was not a new mattress-you have got to be kidding as the former reviewer said they were. I would never recommend families or single women to stay here.The side door was propped open for business at night-then the fire alarm went off at 6 AM-and no-one even said it was a false alarm on the loud speaker-we rushed to get dressed of course-so we left anyway right after that-bypassing the free continental (haha) breakfast.
Yes there are weekly rates-Welfare is good in Brockton.

• Liked — access to expressway to Boston
  • Disliked — Too many to list
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gerric5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)
Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton
Best Western Rockland
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Rockland

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!