“Great weekend away!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buckland
Bird's Nest Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Buckland B&B and Inns
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Great weekend away!”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We were in need of some good R&R and the Bird's Nest exceeded our expectations. The room and bathroom were very pleasant and spotlessly clean. Pat, Cyndi and Dennis really understand what hospitality is all about! The breakfasts were delicious--yummy hot breakfasts with Pat's scones du jour and, one day we were there, freshly picked fiddlehead ferns from the property. Breakfast set us up for the day, and we only needed a light lunch. Tea was offered each afternoon when we returned from our day out, which meant a lot to my English husband. We will gladly stay again and heartily recommended the Bird's Nest to others.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Stockbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My girlfriend and I recently visted the Shelburne Falls area for New Year's and we stayed over for two nights. Pat, Cyndi and Dennis made us feel completely at home, from the offer of champagne for New Year's eve to the warm and comfortable room and public spaces. And the food was incredible -- Pat's fresh scones with raspberry jam infused with a hint of lavender or chocolate chip banana muffins to Cyndi's astonishing "Bird's Nest" omelets (think of a fresh cheddar souffle with organic pesto, carmelized onions, bacon). I have stayed in many B&Bs in my life and this one is - hands down - my very favorite one.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John H
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Everything was great at the Bird's Nest! It was a beautiful home with great owners. Everything was totally spotless, which is very hard in an old house! The bed was comfortable, the water pressure was great, and the breakfast was WONDERFUL. We also got a lovely tour of the barn that is being redone with little Yoda (the cute little dog of the house) hanging out nearby :) I would without a doubt stay here again, the local towns are adorable with a charm you can't quite find anywhere else. I highly reccomend this beautiful, clean, antique house for your stay in Western MA.

Room Tip: We had the Cardinal room which was large, as you'll see from the pictures, with a private bath a...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Milford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My boyfriend and I booked a whitewater rafting trip at Crabapple for the day and searched online for a nice bed and breakfast to stay. I found a $10 off our stay on since we were rafting with Crabapple on their website and they didn't hesitate to honor that which was great. Since my boyfriend and I don't get a lot of time together with our busy schedules, a peaceful, romantic night was definitely in order. I stumbled upon Bird's Nest B&B and didn't realize booking a room here would be the best decision we could make all weekend. There are so many things I loved about our stay that I'm not quite sure where to start exactly. Pat was so accomodating. Since we didn't make our 3:00 check in because our whitewater rafting trip didn't end until 7, we showed up late and Pat came greeting us at the door. She set up zucchini brownies and some beautiful teacups with all varities of tea on the table on the screened porch. It was so relaxing sipping hot tea, eating the delicious brownies, listening to the nearby brook. We stayed in the Goldfinch Room and enjoyed our room very much, the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The bathroom (which is a shared bathroom) was very clean and had everything we need to make our stay comfortable. Although we were lucky enough to have the whole place to ourselves, which was an added bonus. In the morning we woke up to a beautiful display of orange juice, tea, a fruit cup, and last but absolutely not least the bird's nest omelet. There aren't enough words to describe how delicious and fresh everything was. Most ingredients were from their vegetable and herb garden. It was exquisite. Cyndy kindly shared her recipe with me, although I know I won't be able to make it nearly as good as she did. Pat and Cyndy came out after we ate our meal and chatted with us about this and that. I felt like we were hanging out with some old family friends that we haven't seen in a while. They told us about some hiking trails and other activities for us to do in the area before we left. I'm glad we were able to talk to them because the Bridge of Flowers, not far from there, was absolutely beautiful and I've never seen anything like it. Before we set off for our hiking and exploring adventure, Pat sent us away with a bag full of goodies and a smile on our faces. My boyfriend and I were looking for a peaceful, relaxing atmosphere for us to reconnect after a very busy summer and at the Bird's Nest, that is what were able to do. We are eager to come back here and make more memories with some wonderful people at an amazing B&B.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We were referred to the Bird's Nest by the folks at the Double Edge Theatre in nearby Ashfield, otherwise we might not have thought to stay in Buckland. It is a very quiet spot, off the main road, one of those wonderful colonial farmhouses that folks have added onto over the years. Overall, it is not super fancy, has a nice homey feel. The room was meticulously maintained, the bed very comfortable. The breakfast was a standout, and our hosts really paid attention to every detail.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob S
Topsham, Maine
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Pat and Cyndy have created an inviting and high quality B&B. Bird's Nest Inn is set in a quiet rural corner of NW MA with easy access to the wealth of activities the area is known for. The rooms are comfortable, spotless and attractive. The hosts are engaging but not intrusive; helpful and generous. The breakfast delicious and bountiful. I was visiting my daughter and appreciated how welcome she was made. All in all I hope I will have a chance to visit again whether or not my daughter continues to live in Buckland.

Room Tip: Robin's Nest Room-don't let bath tub put you off. sweet suite and bath fun.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 15 April 2011

This is a charming inn with art everywhere and a most adorable little dog named Yoda who will greet you at the door. Cyndi and Dennis are really lovely people, very welcoming, and Cyndi is an awesome cook who is willing to share recipies. There's just nothing better than arriving to the wonderful smell of brownies baking in the kitchen. The breakfasts were big and tasty, with Finnish pancakes, eggs benedict, scones, fruit salad, and local maple syrup as just an example. We had a great time talking to Cyndi and Yoda curled up with us on the couch as we watched a DVD in the living room. Our room, the Goldfinch, was sunny and roomy, and photos just don't do justice to this lovely little inn with the super nice people.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buckland
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
#1 of 1 in South Deerfield
Brandt House
Brandt House
#2 of 5 in Greenfield

Been to Bird's Nest Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!