The fact that my husband and I very much enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt House in Burlington, MA, means a lot given that we were in the Boston area for not-so-nice reasons -- we were visiting a family member who was there to get major medical treatments at the nearby clinic. But the hotel helped so much to make what could have been a very stressful visit a pleasant one instead.
The rooms were large and comfortably set up (we stayed in a 2-bed/2-bath room that also had a living room area and a kitchen). The staff were SUPER friendly and helpful in a genuinely nice way -- that is, not in that fake sales-friendly way that you sometimes get at hotels (to be clear, I have no problem with fake friendly, but real friendly is always better). The complimentary breakfast offered lots of choices (eggs, sausage, toast, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc) and was much appreciated by us since we had to leave early every day for appointments at the clinic and would've been starving otherwise because there wasn't much time to go somewhere else to grab a bite. There was a DVD player in the room and a small collection of DVDs that you could borrow from the front desk -- a wonderful touch for anyone staying for a longer period of time. The 24-hour fitness room (small but serviceable), business center (computers & printers), and snack shop (snacks & a few grocery items) came in very handy. And though we never used these, there was also a grocery delivery available and various items that you could borrow from the front desk (from blenders to high chairs to board games to yoga mats). The hallways and common areas were always clean and looked after, and they even had quiet hours from 10pm to 6am, which was great for us since, as I mentioned, we weren't there for fun exactly. Guest parking was also easy, free, and plentiful.
The building did seem a bit older -- it showed with things like the somewhat creaky elevator, the faded/frayed carpets in the rooms, the bathtub that drained water very slowly, etc -- but overall, everything seemed well maintained. And if you had an issue, the staff were attentive and quick to help resolve whatever it was.
Even the location in Burlington, MA, was surprisingly good -- grocery stores, drugstores, restaurants, and shopping malls all quite nearby, which is convenient if you're there for an extended stay and need more of the everyday shops vs the touristy stuff. It's a touch far from the tourist attractions of downtown Boston: about 20 minutes with little traffic, so certainly do-able, but I could see it getting to be a bit of a slog if most of what you wanted to do was see Boston sites.
If you're looking for a hotel that will feel like a glamorous, luxury getaway from some episode of "The Fabulous Life of [someone who never seems to be me]" (and that also charges you equally glamorous prices for every little thing) then this isn't it. But if you're looking for a hotel that feels much more homey, with a wonderfully friendly staff and lots of considerate touches/services (and not at considerate prices), then make your reservations here now. Up till my stay here, I'd always been more of a glam hotel fan, but after my stay at the Hyatt House, I found myself thinking that more hotels should be like this one. Thanks, Hyatt House -- all your thoughtfulness was extremely appreciated during a difficult time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt House Boston/Burlington is a contemporary styled hotel with the comforts of home and office. With its residential feel and inviting social spaces, our hotel is a place to live, not just stay. Located 20 minutes from Boston, our hotel offers easy access to local businesses, shopping, dining and attractions, including Wayside Commons and historic Cambridge. Spread out and get comfortable in our spacious suites where you feel right at home. Go with a One-Bedroom or Two-Bedroom Suite, featuring a plush Hyatt Grand Bed(R), full kitchen with cabinets, dedicated work space and a living room with flat-panel TV and DVD for an evening of relaxation. Got extra guests? We've got a standard pull out sofa bed as well. Start your morning off with our complimentary Morning Spread with Omelet Bar. Grab freshly prepared sandwiches and salads from the 24-hour Guest Market or grab a few groceries for whipping up a meal in your room. Whether you are visiting for business or leisure, as our resident guest you will enjoy a 24-hour workout room, seasonal outdoor pool and a business center. Our friendly House Host is happy to help with anything else you need to feel connected and comfortable ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Odigeo so you can book your HYATT house Boston/Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Boston/Burlington Hotel Burlington
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Burlington
- Summerfield Suites Burlington
- Hyatt Burlington
- Burlington Summerfield Suites