“Nice, but...”

HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 15 October 2013

2 bedroom suite is very nice. Staff are pleasant, however, front desk staff were unfamiliar when asked about feather (allergenic) bedding and didn't know what to do because housekeeping was gone for the day. Room carpets should be cleaned. Beds are too high from floor, making it difficult for short person to get in/out.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Peterk0331

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Overall my experience with the hotel was good. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room and facilities were clean for the most part.

A few issues did come up. My one big complaint was that my confirmation stated that my room would be ready to check-in at 3pm, but when I arrived it was not ready. I was with a larger group staying for a wedding, and my room wasn't the only one that wasn't ready at the stated check-in time either.(The Groom had to wait for his room!!!) By the time that I was allowed to check-in I had been waiting for over an hour.

The room itself was fairly clean. I didn't bother even looking at the kitchenette as I wasn't going to use any of it. The couch has either some major wear/tear or stains or something, but I wasn't using it wasn't a big deal. Bed was very comfortable. Water temperature in the sink was not very warm - took a while to warm up for some reason.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We recently took a trip around New England to enjoy the Fall foliage and the Massachusetts coast. We have stayed at this location before to visit friends & family nearby. The location is pretty industrial looking with office parks surrounding it, but our purpose was to get a good night’s sleep in a convenient location. Also, while we have not yet traveled with our dogs to this location, we plan to do that; being pet-friendly is important. They even have cookout grills in the courtyard, so this is a good extended stay type of hotel with a kitchenette. The omelet station is very good and the breakfast overall is very fresh and done well. The entire staff is very helpful and pleasant, the location is very convenient if you don’t plan to spend time in Boston & need access to highways (route 3 shoots north to NH, route 95 is 2 minutes away, and the Burlington Mall is convenient and provides lots of road trip shopping and dining options). The room was very clean and the bed is comfortable. I’d recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit the Boston suburbs!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This is a wonderful hotel for either extended stay or an overnight. Great breakfast, wonderful suites with stocked kitchens. There are some minor glitches along the way, but overall this hotel provided a memorable and excellent stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel was in VERY excellent condition! The room was very clean, and the beds were comfortable. The facilities were also very clean. The only flaws I had was the sofa bed, which was HORRIBLE! And their policy with the omelette bar.

I'm really not sure how comfortable a sofa bed should be, but it turned out to be our "punishment" bed for my group of friends. It really went into your back, I really wish they could do something about their sofa beds. Everything else in the room was PERFECT, the sofas, the bedrooms, the bathrooms, the kitchen, the utensils, EVERYTHING except the sofa bed, if you're reading Hyatt House, please fix!

The problem I have with their omelette station was that they abruptly end at 10:30am when their breakfast ends, regardless of who's left waiting in line, I think a very simple solution would be a sign that says the line closes at 10:15am or 10:20am.

Another minor problem I had was that the living room's darkening shades don't roll all the way across like the bedroom's shades do, so if you're on the first floor and sleeping on the infamous sofa bed, you will see the lights from the parking lot, even if the window shades are down.

All in all, don't let these minor flaws steer you away from this near perfect hotel. The staff are nice, and the grounds are incredibly clean, and the supplies are well stocked. My friends and I had an incredible time at the hotel and would DEFINITELY go back, but I just hope some of my flaws can be addressed to make it the perfect family/friend getaway hotel suite.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 9 nights. The room are really spacious with a kitchen with dishwasher, fridge and microwave. Breakfast is served every Morning with a omelet station. There is a small fitness center with treadmill and free weights. The hotel is near to restaurants and Citibank branch if you are a Citibank customers. Burlington Mall is only 10mins drive and I do believe the hotel provide shuttle service there too.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Great location. Easy on/off from I-95. Burlington Mall and Korean market H-Mart near by. LL Bean across the street! Great outdoor pool. Breakfast is good and convenient. About 25 minutes to Boston. 2 bedroom suites are very spacious.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North

Been to HYATT house Boston/Burlington? Share your experiences!