“Roger dodger”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 127 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Burlington Mall Road
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. All roads lead to Legal Sea Foods. In this case, we are located near four main highways (Routes 128, 95, 93 and 3) on the first level of the Burlington Mall. Make the most of our convenient restaurant location - come for the seafood and stay to shop. Our entrance-way is marked by a water wall. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I've been a fan of Legal Seafoods for several years, and dine at their restaurants often. But unfortunately, something's going wrong at the Burlington location. We have visited there twice in the past 2 months, and the food has not been up to the Legal standard. My grilled swordfish was obviously undercooked on our first visit, and surprisingly tasteless on our visit last Sunday eve. Bread rolls were microwave hot, but clearly a few days old. Shrimp cocktail was OK, but visually unappealing, and I had to ask for the lemon. Both the rice and green beans were warm, not hot. Having been told that the Dessert Special was strawberry shortcake, how disappointing it was to find the berries were not fresh, and the dessert unappealing. In fairness, the waitstaff was their usual friendly selves; and the problem appears to be in the kitchen. No manager came around to ask about our experience (they would have had an earful). And I'm forced to agree with a recent reviewer who felt the restaurant could use a thorough cleaning. Mr. Berkowitz needs to pay a visit here, as the Burlington Legal appears to have dodged his usual white-glove attention. Please fix this, as we have always loved this place and want the good old days back !

1  Thank Gyrfalcn

Reviewed 23 June 2014

From the Midwest, so when in Rome... I enjoyed Legal Seafood. Had wood-grilled Tuna one night and wood-grilled swordfish the other. Both excellent. Of course, had to try the chowder, it too was excellent. I highly recommend this place as a safe seafood place for a mid-westerner.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Overall the food is excellent and the reason for the one stars. Unforutnately, I was seated and had ordered before noticing the surroundings.

The service staff (hostess and seater) were aparantly bickering with each other via their headsets and were oblivious to their surroundings and customers that were observing their behaviors. The waiter was aloof and non attentive to checking on the meal and refilling drinks.

The greater concern is that the resturant is dirty and in need of a general deep cleaning. The table tops around our seating area show a buildup of greasy stickyness which occurs overtime after only surface wipes. Chair backs and legs are dirty with dust and food buildup. Under the tables and in the creveces of the foldout tables are filthy with dirt and greasy film. The windows were covered in dust and smear marks. There are cobwebs throughout the ceiling.

2  Thank Alliofva
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I'm not sure if its my tastes or because this is a large seafood chain. The seafood was decent. I had the lobster roll and it was ok.. not anything spectacular. The clam chowder was very good, and they have a decent wine selection. We were there with a very large party, so It would be interesting to go back with a smaller group to see if there is a difference.

The servers were great. I've just had better seafood in other places and Im not sure what all the hype is about.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Another nice institution awesome food, great prices and excellent staff. The Clam Chowder was the best I had in Boston