“Consistently perfect”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 128 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Burlington Mall Road
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. All roads lead to Legal Sea Foods. In this case, we are located near four main highways (Routes 128, 95, 93 and 3) on the first level of the Burlington Mall. Make the most of our convenient restaurant location - come for the seafood and stay to shop. Our entrance-way is marked by a water wall. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We have been eating at Legal Seafood since 1988. This chain is the only place that I will eat raw seafood. Littlenecks are fantastic. The organization is dedicated to delivering only the highest quality product. The food is fresh and cooked to perfection. I go to Legals every time we come into Boston to visit.

1  Thank bjymd

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Went there on a Tuesday night after 8PM and it was still packed although there was no waiting. Got the crabcake combination and it was an excellent variety of grilled and fried seafood. The scallops were a little overdone, but still mostly tender. The signature piece was the big crabcake which was loaded with crabmeat instead of the typical "loaded with filler" crabcake. Not cheap, but very good with a nice touch of mustard sauce. The polenta side dish was about as big as a main dish and the sides that my friends got were about as big also. Although it is listed as a Jalapeno polenta, it isn't very spicy and the pepper pieces are tiny and sparce so don't be intimidated by the name.

2  Thank Allegro1
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is located at the Burlington Mall, next to Besitos and Bobby's Burger Palace. Easy access from the parking lot. The exterior entrance is low keyed. We were seated promptly and the service was fine. We asked for a sample of their seaweed salad and they accommodated us. The food was served quickly once ordered and after our questions had been answered. We had the sockeye salmon and the shrimp casserole. Both were served hot as were the rolls. The casserole contained a good serving of shrimp, lobster, scallops and a whitefish. The salmon was similarly tasty. My only complaint is that the prices for the entrees seem a bit high. However, the food was good.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I've eaten at Legal Seafood In several of its locations in Boston over the past 10 years, most recently in June 2014. It's a good thing I had eaten there before, otherwise, I would be giving it a terrible review because they had an impossible time getting my order right. I'm allergic to shell fish and so when I ordered the fish tacos (which are normally fabulous), asked them to pan sear the fish. When they came out, the fish was fried. It turned out it had been fried in a separate pan, but I don't eat fried food. So, they tried again and the fish was just sort of steamed and flavorless and the Chipotle sauce which is a big part of the flavor of this dish was missing. They brought out a side of the sauce, but because of the way the fish was prepared it didn't have the flavor it should have had. In the past I've had a variety of fish there and all has been very fresh and well prepared. Back when I could eat shell fish, I really enjoyed their half shell clams. There are now some gluten free items including a nice New England clam chowder. So, if you're eating at the Burlington site, don't ask for any special changes. The comped my meal which was very nice and everyone was great about it. Service was excellent.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Staff were attentive. Fish was cooked to perfection. Service was on point. There wasn't anything I disliked.

1  Thank Brendaw2348