“I got bedbugs at this hotel!!”

Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September 2013. I arrived very late at night and went to bed immediately. I barely even turned on the lights, which I now regret because when we woke up in the morning, we saw large, fully-grown bedbugs crawling in the sheets we'd been sleeping in all night!

When we alerted the staff to this and showed them the photos and videos we'd taken of the bedbugs, they were not at all surprised and hardly apologetic. Because we were leaving town that day and unable to leave all of our possessions with the hotel, the manager refused to help us out in any way other than giving us a voucher to come back and stay at the hotel again for free. (Obviously we won't be using that ever!)

We were then forced to disinfect ourselves, our clothes, all our luggage, and the car we were using. The entire process was difficult, time consuming (took over four hours), expensive (the supplies needed cost over $100), not to mention emotionally upsetting.

Here's a video we took in the morning of our bed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcyqI5R2gYk

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else or sleep in your car.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank B S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

I have received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you were unhappy with your stay at our hotel. Please know, the staff I take great pride in caring for each and every guest that walks through our doors. While I am glad that our staff did offer to resolve the issue while you were still on-site, I am disheartened that this was not enough. In response, our staff is working to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies so this is not an issue moving forward.

If there is anything else we can do, or if you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at BRL@extendedstay.com.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Just wasn't what we expected. Hotel and grounds were in good shape and the place was mostly clean, it just felt old and dated even though it looked like they recently renovated. And it was just felt low end. Not that we were expecting five stars.

It was an okay place for an okay price in the Boston area. Seems to attract construction workers. The only nice thing was that there was a large indoor mall close by and some decent restaurants (local and chain).

Staff was friendly enough when you could find them. Breakfast was pitiful.

Skip it if you have kids.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NotExpectingMuch
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am happy to read your remarks about the overall cleanliness of the hotel and that you enjoyed the local attractions in Burlington. Still, I am very sorry that your room and our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Our breakfast is a new offering, one we are still fine tuning. As we continue to do so, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at BRL2@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I will be honest, the first time I stayed here, I was disappointed with the cleanliness and overall smell of the hotel. I voiced my concerns and I have to say I've seen immediate improvements over the past few months. I am really impressed with AnnMarie, the hotel manager. The hotel is cleaner than it's ever been, it smells nicer, the rooms are very spacious, and the price for the location cannot be beat. The staff is attentive and will go out of their way to assist in anything you need. If you've posted a negative comment before, you should give this hotel another try. It keeps getting better. I'm impressed.

Room Tip: 3rd floor seems the quietest to me so far.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank iloveravens
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your most recent experience with us, especially since this stay was much better than your first. I am so glad that our staff was attentive to your needs and friendly, especially AnnMarie. I look forward to sharing your comments with her and the rest of our team.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

The best part about this hotel was the staff. They were very friendly! They also were able to suggest the best way to tour the City of Boston via public transportation, which was VERY easy!

The second best part about this hotel was its location. My wife and I were able to visit the following locations and none were more than 2 hours away:

Kenebunkport, Maine
York Beach, Maine
Newport, Rhode Island

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sonia O
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Hi Eric,

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our location here in Burlington and the staff. I’m glad to read you had a great time touring New England and enjoyed our suggestions to attractions around the area and local states close by. I am also pleased to read that our guidance through the public transportation made your trip easier for you to get around the area. Thank you once again for posting such a good review. The staff and I would like to provide you with another great stay if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed here one while we were road tripping through New England. We were looking for something reasonable close to the train station for traveling into Boston the next day. The Alewife station in Cambridge is only about 15min away and you can park there for $7/day. The train is only $2.50/way into Boston and takes about 20 min. There is a big mall right across the street- Burlington Mall or something or other, and there's a big AMC theatre right next door to the hotel. There were a few other restaurants and things all within just a few minutes drive.
My only complaint is when we were coming off the highway, we missed the street for the hotel because the foliage was partially blocking the sign for South Ave which is actually not up on a pole, but right underneath the name of the business park. We ended up driving down the road a few minutes before we realized we missed it. And when you start driving up South Ave you start thinking you took the wrong street because there's nothing there. But hang in there- its right around the bend in the road.
Our room was very spacious with a kitchenette- full size fridge, microwave, 2 burner stove top with stool seating at the counter. Dishes also in the cupboard. Very clean. Two queen size beds which was a god send after 4 people sharing 2 double beds for the previous 5 nights. They also have laundry there as well which I had planned on doing... but then the mall was calling my name :) Continental breakfast is 'Grab and Go', no seating and consists of some granola bars and prepackaged muffins. Free wifi which was reliable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Lisa - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our hotel here in Burlington and our surrounding attractions. It is so rewarding to read that you really enjoyed your room and the kitchen.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Great experience - clean, new, friendly. We received lots of help from the manager and staff. Reasonable rates right outside of Boston and the rooms were large enough to be comfortable for my family of five. It was close to everything we needed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a good stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We are so happy to hear that the staff was able to accommodate you and your family. I’m so pleased to read that you were happy with the room and the local attractions surrounding us here in Burlington. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Service was good, people friendly and helpful. Room was reasonably clean, though some dirt in some corners. Bathroom sink faucet was about to come off the pipes, very loose. Kitchen appliances were good, the fridge worked well. Price was reasonable considering the area going through Priceline, $56/night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about our kitchen and the kitchen equipment; however, we apologize that the bathroom sink was loose and coming apart. I’m so pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful throughout your stay. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at BRL@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Hampton Inn Boston Bedford Burlington

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington? Share your experiences!