“Awesome, highest quality food”
Review of Cafe Escadrille

Cafe Escadrille
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Escadrille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 127 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ray Ave
Transit: Cafe Escadrille is located on several MBTA bus routes.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had dinner this week in the cafe - not the Gourmet Room (which is always awesome) ....anyway, one of the dinner specials was a 2 lb lobster either boiled, baked stuffed, or Lobster Savannah style. I opted for the Savannah, which is not easy to find on menus. I used to order it often at Anthony's Pier 4 in Boston, but they closed last Fall. I was thrilled to find it offered at Cafe Escadrille as a special. Let me tantalize you.....it is lobster meat from a 2 lb lobster that has been removed from the shell with mushrooms and sweet Bell pepper strips, all in a delicate Newburg sauce, then put back into the shell and baked off. The tail section had some piped in mashed potato which went incredibly well with the Newburg sauce. The sauce was very light and flavorful...not a heavy gravy style sauce. This was so wonderful that I could close my eyes and dream about it. I am hooked. Cafe Escadrille has always produced wonderful food but this meal was beyond fabulous. My dinner guest had swordfish and enjoyed it. Mine dinner was out of this world. They do certain meals like their veal Catherine or steak Diane in the gourmet room and like this Savannah that are REAL SPECIALTY meals.
...and whatever you do ...skip the bread basket and take some of your dinner home in a doggy bag or whatever you need to do, but have some room left for dessert. You need to save room for their Creme Brule. It is the classic that they do extraordinarily well.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Went with a party of 15 coworkers for an evening meal. Service, food quality and quantity was excellent. Great entertainment. Have been here before and have had the same experience. If you are looking for a special (white linen table cloths) meal with a variety of gourmet selections (I'd recommend the Veal Catherine, but that's me) this is the place to go. Plenty of parking and a great location just off Rt 128 (Rt 95 to you foreigners). This is based on my last 4 visits.

1  Thank Al E
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This restaurant is just a little French gem. Try their Escargot along with an onion soup and a glass of wine and you will think you are in France. They have the best baked stuffed shrimp and their Veal a la Holstein is fabulous.

1  Thank Martha T
Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you are celebrating a birthday or anniversary, Cafe Escadrille is the dining experience for you. We had reservations and enjoyed a delicious lunch of lamb kebabs and baked scallops. The side salad was perfect for both of us. Because of a birthday, we decided on the dessert of blueberry cake served warm with ice cream on the side. This was large enough for two people to enjoy.
Our waiter, Daniel, was very attentive and personable.
We always leave thinking we should not wait for a special occasion!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My Wife and I go to the Escadrille a few times a year and have been doing that since it opened.
We're always pleased with our meals and the wait staff goes out of their way to make your dinner special. The food is cooked to perfection and the menu has many choices
I recommend the French onion soup