“A very nice place to stay! Had the best nights sleep in a long time.”
Review of Bay Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Buzzards Bay
Bay Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Buzzards Bay
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My husband and I checked in and the inn keepers Fred & Irene were very pleasant and most accommodating . We needed a few things for our stay, so we just asked and they helped us out by supplying an iron, ironing board and some other things I had forgotten . I would highly recommend it here. It's very clean and very comfortable. Two things that I look for when choosing a place to stay. Also, the price was very reasonable. If you need directions to any where on the cape Fred's the man to ask. His recommendations on places to eat in the area was right on the money. The last but not least , a special touch that you don't see many places , if at all, fresh flowers in my room. I thought that was so nice! Definitely going back here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Pegysue11
There are newer reviews for Bay Motor Inn

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We spent 2 days in a cabin. The outside looks ok and like most say, the inside of the cabin was clean. Our bathroom had been re-tiled and nice. The main room which includes the bedroom is paneled in old tongue and grove pine and very dark. Furniture is old but ok. The beds had no headboards and the mattress was too firm. We didn't sleep well either night. The front door does not close right and there is space at the bottom and the lower right bottom has an opening several inches from the floor. This allowed mosquitos and other bugs in the room.
The flat screen TV is about 22" and is about 16 feet across the room from the beds, so you have to squint to see the TV. There was an ashtray on the front porch both days we were there and full of wet ashes. One last thing, they show the triple AAA sign on the website, however when I asked at the time of arrival if I would get the AAA discount and the man / I assume owner, told me I had already received the discount, but on their website it shows the rates for in season of between $79.00 and $129.00 dollars nightly.. We paid the full $ 129.00 nightly rate. We could of never spent 2 weeks there or even a week.

Room Tip: Check the room out before you decide, also look at the doors and windows. Check the beds for comfort...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank drg802
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed in two cabins side by side over the 4th of July holiday. The cabins are old and rustic, but clean and so authentic Cape Cod! As others have said, if you are looking for luxury you will not find that here. But our cabin was clean, the bed was okay (except that you only get one little pillow each, but we didn't ask for more), the bathroom was small but clean, the TV got quite a few channels and came in great. Each unit has a window AC unit and ours made lots of noise, but didn't ruin our sleep. The maid shuts it off during the day, but it doesn't take too long to cool the room back down. We didn't use the pool, but it looked inviting. Parking for our cabin was tight, but doable. The location is primo - everything you need is close by (laundry, banks, shopping, restaurants, Dunkin Donuts) - and there is an excellent ice cream stand right next door that also serves up burgers and fries! Get a "kitchen sink" there and you'll be in ice cream heaven! We will definitely stay at these cabins again.

Room Tip: Higher number cabins appear to be better situated for parking and street access.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MysticMom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My parents have stayed here during the summers for years and years! They always looked forward to their vacation because the family that owns this property are wonderful and very accommodating! Very laid back and relaxing, and the units are warm and inviting. Now my husband and I are continuing the tradition. We stayed twice last summer and loved it!
Gail, (Pat & Flo's daughter)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gailmoreira1
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband live only two hours away from the cape and love the canal for bike riding. These cute little cabins was perfect for our stay. Less then a minute to the canal. The pool is great for cooling off, and there are plenty of places to grab a bite within walking distance. Captain Al's is less then a mile up the road which was a great place to hang out and have some drinks with the locals. We will defintly be back this year.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Darla G
Reviewed 29 May 2013

That's the one word I'd use to describe the Bay Motor Inn. If you're looking for fancy, look elsewhere. The motel has cute little cabins, perfect for two people--I slept in one with two single beds, but I believe there are other options--with a small, convenient fridge, and an accommodating bathroom. There is a pool, but with the close proximity to multiple beaches, you don't really need it. Withing walking distance, there is a big liquor store, a delicious pizza place, and a good breakfast place.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Great vacation in buzzards bay in a quant location before the bourne bridge. Was greeted by owner when checking in Freddy. Both he and his wife met our every need. Our room (#2) had a cozy queen bed and a whole kitchen unit. We went fishing on canal which was walking distance and then cooked in! We will be back soon!

• Stayed: May 2013
#4 of 6 in Sandwich
Sandwich Inn & Suites
Sandwich Inn & Suites
#1 of 6 in Sandwich

Been to Bay Motor Inn? Share your experiences!