“Still needs improvement”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Abington, Massachusetts
“Still needs improvement”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We went there for lunch after our son's promotion ceremony. There were 5 of us.

Got there a few minutes before actual opening time of 11 AM but once the hostess saw us, she kindly allowed us to be seated.

I had baked scallops with a baked potato that was not really cooked completely; the other 3 orders of baked scallops had potatoes either baked like mine and one was for fries but they also had broccoli which I didn’t.

Don’t know why, maybe because I can’t talk. Anyway I made no fuss about the partially cooked baked potato – missing green vegetable and a terrible Pina Colata with a supposedly shot of Kalua in it; I never found the Kalua shot, my taste buds never detected it.

I find the prices are very high for the quantity but more so because of the quality of the food although I have no complaints about the baked scallops.

Unfortunately there isn’t much choice in the area, matter of fact I don’t know of any other place. I hope to find out about one soon since my son and his family live down at the Cape.

From the other reviews I read, I wonder if the 2 times I have been there since the fire, was a bad day for the kitchen and the staff. Will give it another try next time I go to visit my son.

Over $110 for 5 lunches with 2 coffees and 3 sodas plus the $11 for the special Pina Colata = way too much!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MAST48

Tokyo
“Come hungry...”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Have been to Mezza-Luna at lunch and dinner time. If you go for dinner during the high season, would recommend making reservations, it does get busy. Celebrated a special occasion at dinner time and was overwhelmed with the portions! The lasagna is freshly prepared, the bread homemade, and the service quick and courteous. If you would like to try something a little different, try the eggplant fries from the appetizer menu-- decadence at its best.

• Visited August 2013
Austin, Texas
“Prime Rib Saturday's!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I hadn't eaten here in many years, certainly since it was rebuilt a few years back after a fire destroyed the restaurant. Decided to go on a Saturday night with a family member and was pleasantly surprised and somewhat impressed by their "prime rib special". I have to admit, being from Texas, that they did a great job in regards to the quality, preparation and presentation of the beef. There was an hour wait for a table, and clearly the locals and tourists know a good deal based on the size of the crowd. Service was a bit on the slow side, but considering the crowd, it was somewhat understandable. They could definitely use an upgrade to their wine list, especially given the variety of their menu.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Foodwinegoofnut
MA
“Excellent experience.”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My husband & I visited the Mezza Luna last night. It was our first visit. The server, Barbara, was excellent and very helpful. I ordered one of the specials, baked ravioli with mozzarella cheese. It was great. The portions are large so I can enjoy my ravioli again for lunch today. The atmosphere was friendly and quiet. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to friends and will be going back soon.

• Visited June 2013
Honokaa, Hawaii, United States
“Better than Olive Garden”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I have family in the area so we have visited Mezza-Luna several times over the past 10 years. Mezza-Luna has decent quality food at a reasonable price. As with most non-chain restaurants I've visited in Massachusetts and the Northeast the food tends to be on the bland side leading me to the conclusion the only spice used in the region is oil for frying. The best part about the restaurant is the service - servers are friendly and very helpful.

• Visited May 2013