“minus 5”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Buzzards Bay
Eastham, Massachusetts
“minus 5”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I should of got the hint as soon as I was happily greeted thru a sliding window from an older gentelman that reaked of booze and cigarette's. As sson as I saw the empty can of Colt 45 on the stairway to my my room. The room that had a beautifull vew into a parking lotof a sleazy bar having a "Toga" party that eve. I would not sit or walk on anything in the room. I would not even take my shoes of as I left. I could go on but the finishing touch was to address the drunk guy at the desk that said he would not give me a refund due to health regulations that state if I was in the room for more than "ten minutes" it would need to be cleaned. Then his wife came up to my room as I was leaving to "make me comfortable with the situation". I said it was discussting, she said she was gonna call te cops because I was insulting... go figure... what a dump

Room Tip: find a different place... thgis one is discussting
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank carl a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Saugus, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Well, after reading the mixed reviews I figured I would add in my 2 cents regarding the Eastern Inn on Cape Cod.

I have been staying at this hotel once a month for the last couple of years. Granted, it may not be the Hilton or the Ritz, but it certainly has that old Cape character. The owner and his wife are nothing but friendly and the rooms are always clean. Yes it is a bit "run down" but for the price, both off season and on, you can't go wrong. I have never seen any trouble in the local area, (TJ's Bar and Grill) and trust me, I look!!!

As far as the reviews about infestation of “mouse droppings and cockroaches” are concerned, I have never seen any of this. Even if there are, it is an old building located on Cape Cod and EVERY hotel, motel and restaurants will have this problem. I don't care where you stay or eat!

Folks, the bottom line here is the place is antiquated yes, and no it does not have the ironing boards, hair dryers or whatever else you’re looking for in a hotel. But it has a clean bed, clean bathroom, a TV and a fridge....what more do you expect for the price on Cape Cod.

I will continue using this hotel as my monthly stay....

Stop your whining....if you want more....PAY more!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ken B
Bourne
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Having stayed there numerous times and reading some of the other reviews I felt inclined to write one of my own. I tavel frequently to the 'Cape' Area and have stayed at the Eastern Inn everytime.

The staff at the Eastern Inn was friendly and helpfull. The rooms where clean upon check in and everything was to my satisafaction each and everytime. The one time I had a problem with my cable box malfunctioning the owner had someone there promptly to address and correct the situation.

For a very modest room rate I was more than happy with my experiences and will continue to stay there as needed in my travels.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Tavelguy
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I had booked a room at the Eastern Inn to stay with my pre teen daughter. I should have looked at my room before I paid. The window didn't lock, the door to the outside from the hall didn't lock, and the whole place smelled like the owner's cigar. When I asked about the locks, the owner's wife came down to the room to look at it and started to insult me, saying that the area was perfectly safe, and if I was going to be unreasonable, she wouldn't waste her time. Then her husband, the owner, told me that "you people bring your crime here, this is a good area". Well, between the man hanging out of the upstairs window staring at my young daughter and the bar next door, I did not agree. We left, and they took our $93 for the trouble. Don't stay there!

Room Tip: Check the locks on the windows and doors. There are ashtrays in all the rooms, so none of them are...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank D D

Travellers are raving about these Buzzards Bay hotels

Highland Lakes, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed for three nights at the Eastern Inn and found it basically clean, but old, run down, and lacking in amenities one would normally find in hotels. The was a small refrigerator and microwave, but there was no hair dryer, no iron or ironing board. I couldn't even get a box of tissues from the owner, an elderly man who sits around smoking cigars all day. The indoor swimming pool was half full, closed, and was now a storage area. The rates were reasonable, but you get what you pay for.

The lamps in our room were held together with duct tape. Looked like a fire hazard to us.

My biggest objection was the bad odor of our room. It was non-smoking, but probably had been a smoking room at one point. We couldn't understand why there was an ash tray in there if it was non-smoking. The room reeked of disinfectant also. Pretty bad.

To reiterate, this place is old, run down and cheesy. If you're on a severe budget, or you don't care, it might be OK, but we will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank DrumBob
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2011

If you like mouse droppings, roaches, cobwebs & horrible people, this place is for you. I've not been in a place this ill-cared for, ever; to make matters worse it's American-owned...

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank jimlynnreese
queens, ny
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We stayed at the Eastern Inn from September 18 - 21, 2010. Front desk woman was really nice when asked if we can see the room before we actually book. Price was very reasonable. Room was nice and clean. Room was very roomy and comfortable Motel had a deck so patrons can sit and enjoy the morning air (or anytime of the day) with their continental breakfast. Food at TJ's Grill and Bar was quite good and reasonable priced and they even deliver to your room. Would definitely recommend this motel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
#4 of 5 in Sandwich
Country Acres Motel
Country Acres Motel
#3 of 5 in Sandwich

Been to Eastern Inn? Share your experiences!