“Lovely Place to Stay!”
Review of The Fernbrook Inn

The Fernbrook Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Centerville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at The Fernbrook for four nights recently, and it was delightful. The Inn is conveniently located, and the facility is lovely. Mary Anne, the owner, provided the most scrumptious breakfast each and every morning! I warmly recommend The Fernbrook, and definitely plan to return. You won't be disappointed, especially if you love beautifully maintained historical architecture and lovely grounds.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Janet F

Reviewed 29 November 2012

I enjoyed two nights at the Fernbrook Inn in the extremely comfortable, spacious and well furnished Green Room. The Inn itself is carefully maintained, with well-chosen period furnishings throughout, a handsome library, a large sunny dining/kitchen area, and extensive landscaped grounds. The innkeeper is charming and personable, and serves a fine breakfast, made to order. I would definitely recommend the Fernbrook Inn to any sophisticated traveler wanting a first-class home base for visiting Cape Cod.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank CultureWalker
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Last weekend I stayed at the Fernbrook Inn at the recommendation of my best friend who knows I love charming and well appointed hotels and inns. I was elated when I saw the Inn with its beautifully landscaped property and was welcomed by the lovely, warm owner, Mary Anne English. I decided to stay in the Cardinal Spellman Room, the Cardinal's former chapel. The room was a bit of heaven with stained glass windows, magificent antiques (including an almost medievel style king size bed), floor to ceiling fire place and a gold angel to watch over you. The bath was newly renovated with lovely marble appointments. What made the four days even lovelier was the owner. Maryanne helped me with directions, kept me on time for my social engagements for my goddaughter's wedding, and prepared, at my request, fresh fruit for me every morning and English breakfast tea served on eclectic china.I have stayed at some of the best hotels in the US and Europe but the Fernbrook will always be one of my favorite places. Enjoy your stay as I did.

Room Tip: Stay in the Cardinal's room
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Barbara L
Reviewed 23 September 2012

The Fernwood Inn is indeed a jewel. It has a timeless elegance with loving attention to detail. The Inn has a wonderful lap pool which is reminiscent of those in Italian Villas. A full breakfast is thoughtfully made to order. My wife and I always enjoy our stay especially in the rooms overlooking the garden. In the off season the Innkeeper has a fire going in the fireplace in our room so that everything is welcoming and cozy for our arrival.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Axel E
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My husband and I have been coming to Fernbrook for over a decade. It is our very favorite bed and breakfast. The grounds--designed by Olmstead--are beautifully maintained as is the Inn. The innkeeper is a gracious, accommodating host, and we look forward to our return visits.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2012

After spending years in Centerville in a rented house and walking past this lovely inn on a daily walk to Craigville Beach, it was time to try this place out. My husband and I spent a long weekend at the Fernbrook Inn. We are coming back! The Inn is tremendous and the Inn keeper delightfully artistic and talented. The Inn is an exquisite blend of old and new and so tastefully done. Breakfast on the porch was charming and the pool wonderfully relaxing. AAA+++

Room Tip: The Green Room has a california king size bed with jacuzzi in the bathroom. The open deck off the b...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joann L
Reviewed 25 August 2012

The room was very nice, the location was perfect and the rates very reasonable. But little details were just missing-replacement of washcloths, toiletries and glasses in the room each day were forgotten. Breakfasts left a little to be desired......the same link sausage and blueberries with strawberries every day. Edible, but not creative or of the quality usually served at B & B's. Wine glasses and chiller in the sitting room, but no evening wine and cheese, as the display would indicate or as is common at many B & B's. Broken chaise lounges around the pool, broken steps and just in need of overall cleaning and repairs. Everything is getting a little run down. I think it may be getting to be too much for the delightful innkeeper. Having said all of that, it was still a nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DJFDallas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centerville
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 3 in Centerville
Long Dell Inn
Long Dell Inn
#2 of 6 in Centerville

Been to The Fernbrook Inn? Share your experiences!