“Location Location Location”

Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
“Location Location Location”
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Right on Craigsville Beach!! The foods isn't this mornings catch fresh, but its good none the less. Typical snack bar food. Fried calamari, clam strips, fried mozzarella, onion rings and fries. The owner was very friendly and hooked me up with some extras. Can't complain. I definitely recommend it if your looking for a quick bite to eat on the water.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank WiceCwispies

“Entire Paycheck”
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

This place was a childhood classic. Grilled cheese or french fries and chocolate shakes at the beach in the little paper trolleys! Now.. I would never go there again.. The prices are absurd.. One chocolate frappe is $8 .. They are have the normal cup size.. What a rook. Family environment? No way-- you'd spend a weeks work of groceries here.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Yum247
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the effort”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I think the fried clam bellies were actually pretty good, but it's hard to tell because there were so few of them. They gave me enough tartar sauce for a reasonably sized order but not enough clams. The rest of the tray was filled with decent fries and onion rings thought I had to ask for some no-name ketchup that tasted more like tomato sauce. Beware - it's cash only, as although their sign points to an ATM at the place next door (seemingly different but owned by the same people) -- they are not open tr same hours. I thought I had enoughJ cash but somehow when she totaled it I was a dollar short (now realizing I paid about 3-4 times what is reasonable for the amount I got). She watched me say I would go next door and did not mention it was closed. Then I came back and someone else offered to open next door so I could use the ATM. I paid a $3 ATM fee because I was short $1. I went back, gave her my money, and after all that never got my $2 water. Save yourself some trouble and bring a cooler or stop somewhere on the way in.

1 Thank Jowald
Halifax, Massachusetts
“Good beach food”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Overall a good lunch! Adults had seafood, the kids had grilled cheese and chicken fingers. Service was quick, drinks were cold, food was hot, what more could you ask for?

Visited July 2012
Yorktown Heights, New York
“Great fried clams but a little pricey....”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We always hit the Barnacle when we go to Craigville Beach as it is right across the street. We love the fried clam strips and crave them in the off-season. Very convenient and tasty but just a little pricey for the amount of food they give you. An order of clam strips with fries will run you over $15.00 for just a small box but worth it on vacation.

Visited August 2011