“Excellent location and accommodating staff”
Review of Ocean View Motel

Ocean View Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Centerville
Lowell, Massachusetts
“Excellent location and accommodating staff”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My boyfriend Patrick and I returned yesterday from our weekend at the Ocean View Motel. We just wanted to take a minute to extend our thanks for such a nice experience. Our long weekend at your motel was planned far in advance, and very much needed when the time came. The staff made it even more enjoyable by offering suggestions for what to do in the area, and accommodating a spontaneous extra night's stay. We truly appreciate your kindness and hospitality, and have already decided to plan an extra long stay in May to celebrate Patrick's completion of graduate school. An extra thank you to Jeanine for the cruise passes and to Ray for being so pleasant. It certainly didn't go unnoticed, and we'll be recommending your motel to our friends and family. We look forward to our stay next summer!

Thanks again,

Kelly & Patrick

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PJFlaps34

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Norwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I've read all of these horrible reviews about this place but I went there anyway and stayed three nights. And I'm glad I did. I don't know what people are expecting for this price, but I don't agree with any of these reviews. It's a cheap place to stay on very expensive Cape Cod, so what do you expect????? You get what you pay for. if you're super picky about where you crash, go to a Cape motel that's $250 a night, trust me, you will find them, .

And why do you care if the pool is open? Look around you! Yes, Craigville beach IS gross, went there once and never went back. But good God, you've got Sandy Neck Beach right there, and the Cape Cod National Seashore (Coast Guard, Nauset Light, and Marconi beaches) not too far away.

The carpets are 'old' as one reviewer wrote? Were you planning on sleeping on the floor? And people say 'the picture is deceiving'. Is it me or can anyone else tell by looking at the picture that it was probably taken in 1960? So obviously, it's an old picture, which should be a clue to people that the motel is OLD. Therefore, it's not going to be the Ritz. Which all the more made me want to stay there. People dealing drugs? How would even know that? If you're going to write a review, don't speculate. There were no problems at night or during the day while we were there.

And if you want to spend that much time in a motel room while you're on the Cape in the summer, then why go to the Cape at all? Go to your local Sheraton with a DVD of Cape Cod and enjoy the plush rooms.

I liked the place but I'm not a demanding person. If you are, learn how to look at a picture for God's sake and realize it's a cheap, old motel and not going to be state of the art. The room was clean, people staying there were friendly, room service was done every day, and we had a great time.

From someone who road trips a lot and stays only in motels, for the price and location, two thumbs up!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Paul S
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We had a 2 day get away and the location was perfect right on the beach. Had the Matha Vineyards room with a nice view. The bathroom was exceptionally small and we are not big people . The portable airconditioner was loud . I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.
If you just want to sit on the beach or look at the water this is the place but I am not sure what we would have done if we had rain. Also the beach has very small waves so if you are looking for big waves this is not the beach . The water temp was fine.

Room Tip: We liked the Martha Vineyards room - private balcony
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank tuesdaylady
OceanViewStaff, Front Office Manager at Ocean View Motel, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Westport, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This is one of the most perfect and quaint motels that I have stayed in. It sits right on Craigsville beach so you just have to walk acrosss the street to go to the beach. Beach is extremely clean and so is the Motel. The bed was very comfortable and I got 2 great nights sleep. I booked two days June 27th & 28th and I'm going back again next year and staying longer. Beautiful view of the ocean. The staff is very friendly and I felt like I was royalty there. The rooms were very clean and the staff made sure we were comfortable, had enough towels, etc.. Loved having my terrace outside to sit and watch the sunset. Some balconies are in the front to the ocean but ours was in the back so it cut off a lot of the wind. It was extremely quiet since there are only 8 rooms which is a plus. Since I travel with my computer the WIFI was very easy to access and I was able to work and have fun at the same time. I will definately be staying here again. The best motel on Cape Cod. Make accommodations early because this is a hot motel on Cape Cod. I give this 5 stars.

Room Tip: all the rooms are very nice. Most or all have balconies.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LoryLavoie
hartford, ct
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We just returned from a trip to Cape Cod for the first time in many years. While searching the internet for a place to stay I came upon the Ocean View Motel. I contacted them and made a reservation for the 7th - 11th of August. We were delayed in arriving due to an event at home. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and we were able to get into our room very late. The following morning they were quick to offer more towels as I had my wife and two daughters with me. The hotel is immaculate. The service was impeccable and the location was fantastic. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying at Cape Cod . There is no pool but the ocean is just steps away. Furthermore they are continuing with renovations and this can only make the place even better. Great job out of Ray and Jeneen. You will not be disappointed staying here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank whalerfan
Hamburg, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 August 2011

i paid $210 for a thursday night. the room is clean enough, cozy, quiet, a bit worn but not a problem. i have a little frig, 25" tv, white whicker furniture, table for working or eating, good ac, free wifi. right outside is the street with a parking lot. past the lot is the beach which i can see from my window. next door is a snack shack. i am pleased. i think this is a perfect place for someone who's priority is to be as close to the beach as possible which is just what i was looking for. gentleman at the desk was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank stefaniehere
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed at the Ocean View for a long weekend starting Aug. 4 2011. We were cheerfully greeted with smiles. The staff was very accomodating and very friendly. The owner...Ray...is on site and eager to make sure all is well. The location is second to non. The motel sits right on Craigville Beach. We walked out our door...and you're on the beach...(you cross over a small local road...)not an issue.
The room was large and comfortable. More important..it was clean. The rooms have new flat screen tv's...but who goes to the beach to watch tv...Additionally, each room has a porch or terrace which allows you to sit outside the room at night if you wish to take in the sounds of the surf. The parking is limited to one car per room and is right in front of the hotel...it can not get any more convenient. Cudos to Ray and the staff ! We will absolutely be going back there next year.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beach_goer1219
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centerville
Anchor In Hotel
SeaCoast Inn
SeaCoast Inn
#2 of 22 in Hyannis
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,245 reviews

Been to Ocean View Motel? Share your experiences!