Ocean View Motel
Craigville Beach Inn(Centerville)(Great Value!)
US$111
Hotwire.com
US$101
Cape Codder Resort & Spa(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$155
Best Western Cape Cod Hotel(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$113
BestWestern.com
Holiday Inn Hyannis(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$213
US$154
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$139
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Courtyard Cape Cod Hyannis(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$245
Courtyard
US$139
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I were looking for a place to get away over the weekend between Christmas and New Years this year. We wanted something that was cute, clean, on the beach, and wouldn't break the bank. We discovered the Ocean View Motel and based on the other reviews on TripAdvisor decided to give it a try. We are so glad we did.

The Ocean View is across the street from Craigville Beach and offers a broad, panoramic view of the ocean. We stayed in the Vineyard room ($119/night), which provides views of the ocean on three sides and has a balcony. The room is nicely decorated and definitely leaves you feeling like you are at the beach. The walls are pretty thin and we could hear our neighbor but most of the time it was pretty quiet. The staff weren't around much but were very helpful when we saw them and the owner was friendly and always a phone call away.

Overall, we had a wonderful time and would happily return for another visit.

Room Tip: There are interior pictures of the rooms on the Ocean View Motel website. The second floor rooms are a little more expensive but we're glad we paid the premium.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gerald K
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My boyfriend Patrick and I returned yesterday from our weekend at the Ocean View Motel. We just wanted to take a minute to extend our thanks for such a nice experience. Our long weekend at your motel was planned far in advance, and very much needed when the time came. The staff made it even more enjoyable by offering suggestions for what to do in the area, and accommodating a spontaneous extra night's stay. We truly appreciate your kindness and hospitality, and have already decided to plan an extra long stay in May to celebrate Patrick's completion of graduate school. An extra thank you to Jeanine for the cruise passes and to Ray for being so pleasant. It certainly didn't go unnoticed, and we'll be recommending your motel to our friends and family. We look forward to our stay next summer!

Thanks again,

Kelly & Patrick

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PJFlaps34
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I've read all of these horrible reviews about this place but I went there anyway and stayed three nights. And I'm glad I did. I don't know what people are expecting for this price, but I don't agree with any of these reviews. It's a cheap place to stay on very expensive Cape Cod, so what do you expect????? You get what you pay for. if you're super picky about where you crash, go to a Cape motel that's $250 a night, trust me, you will find them, .

And why do you care if the pool is open? Look around you! Yes, Craigville beach IS gross, went there once and never went back. But good God, you've got Sandy Neck Beach right there, and the Cape Cod National Seashore (Coast Guard, Nauset Light, and Marconi beaches) not too far away.

The carpets are 'old' as one reviewer wrote? Were you planning on sleeping on the floor? And people say 'the picture is deceiving'. Is it me or can anyone else tell by looking at the picture that it was probably taken in 1960? So obviously, it's an old picture, which should be a clue to people that the motel is OLD. Therefore, it's not going to be the Ritz. Which all the more made me want to stay there. People dealing drugs? How would even know that? If you're going to write a review, don't speculate. There were no problems at night or during the day while we were there.

And if you want to spend that much time in a motel room while you're on the Cape in the summer, then why go to the Cape at all? Go to your local Sheraton with a DVD of Cape Cod and enjoy the plush rooms.

I liked the place but I'm not a demanding person. If you are, learn how to look at a picture for God's sake and realize it's a cheap, old motel and not going to be state of the art. The room was clean, people staying there were friendly, room service was done every day, and we had a great time.

From someone who road trips a lot and stays only in motels, for the price and location, two thumbs up!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We had a 2 day get away and the location was perfect right on the beach. Had the Matha Vineyards room with a nice view. The bathroom was exceptionally small and we are not big people . The portable airconditioner was loud . I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.
If you just want to sit on the beach or look at the water this is the place but I am not sure what we would have done if we had rain. Also the beach has very small waves so if you are looking for big waves this is not the beach . The water temp was fine.

Room Tip: We liked the Martha Vineyards room - private balcony
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank tuesdaylady
OceanViewStaff, Front Office Manager at Ocean View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

This is one of the most perfect and quaint motels that I have stayed in. It sits right on Craigsville beach so you just have to walk acrosss the street to go to the beach. Beach is extremely clean and so is the Motel. The bed was very comfortable and I got 2 great nights sleep. I booked two days June 27th & 28th and I'm going back again next year and staying longer. Beautiful view of the ocean. The staff is very friendly and I felt like I was royalty there. The rooms were very clean and the staff made sure we were comfortable, had enough towels, etc.. Loved having my terrace outside to sit and watch the sunset. Some balconies are in the front to the ocean but ours was in the back so it cut off a lot of the wind. It was extremely quiet since there are only 8 rooms which is a plus. Since I travel with my computer the WIFI was very easy to access and I was able to work and have fun at the same time. I will definately be staying here again. The best motel on Cape Cod. Make accommodations early because this is a hot motel on Cape Cod. I give this 5 stars.

Room Tip: all the rooms are very nice. Most or all have balconies.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple