“Great location, romantic motel, really bad service”
Review of Ocean View Motel

Ocean View Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Centerville
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Location was really good if you don't happen to be there during one of those windy periods because then it's really impossible to get any sleep at night. The wind can drive you crazy!
The staff were anything but helpful, we had to ask for a wine opener like a thousands time from different people & in the end they said that they haven't got one!! They go buy it.
But then for the last night that they didn't have any room available they sent us to the family motel for the same price without mentioning how crappy it is & it's not even located on the beach!
Mostly the feeling I got there was that the only thing in their mind was money & no service what so ever!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Maryam007
There are newer reviews for Ocean View Motel

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed thert June 20 through the 22nd. It is a nice place, very clean and well maintained and the staff there is absolutely the best! It really is a hidden gem. The location is right across the street from Craigville Beach so you can just walk and find a nice spot. There are also two snack bars next door where you can get something quick to eat, and plenty of diners to choose from within about ten minutes.

Each room is named after something related to the Cape and we stayed in the Martha's Vineyard Room. It was at the front of the hotel and had a small balcony to sit on which faced the ocean as well as the street. It was very pleasant to sit on and drink coffee in the morning.
Even though the room is right on the street side it is pretty quiet. The room also had two queen size beds in it.

The room has a refrigerator and a coffee maker which is pretty convenient, and if you need anything the staff is very helpful. The bathroom was a little on the small side but was still not too bad. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Looking for somewhere to stay for a few days, ideally on the oceanside we came upon this small motel. Yes they did have an oceanfront room with a balcony on the upper floor. OK it is roadside but a very quiet at night you do not hear any traffic, and right on the beach
Clean, comfortable, and oh what a view. The staff are great, so helpful and friendly and nothing is to much trouble. It may not be a 4 Seasons but hell for the price charged it was a great find

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 1 June 2014

In 2011 I wrote a very good commentary about the place, but last year I tried to make a reservation by e-mail. I didn't get an answer. When I called one lady not very polite told me the place was booked for a family reunion. Janine called back and told me she was sorry. We found another place, but when we went to the beach across the motel I saw the sign: Vacancy. I came in to ask why and someone told me: I think the cancelled. We have been thee three years in a row, but now, the things have changed, it is not possible to talk to Ray directly anymore. He doesn't answer to the phone or the e-mail. Too bad, I think it is the beginning of the end.
Marie-Paule from Montreal,Canada

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marie-paule2010
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I've stayed here many times over the past few summers, and love it here! I think its one of the best places in the Cape to stay. The location is great its steps from the beach, and the staff is great. The rooms are very cozy and always clean. I strongly recommend the Ocean View and will return again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I were looking for a place to get away over the weekend between Christmas and New Years this year. We wanted something that was cute, clean, on the beach, and wouldn't break the bank. We discovered the Ocean View Motel and based on the other reviews on TripAdvisor decided to give it a try. We are so glad we did.

The Ocean View is across the street from Craigville Beach and offers a broad, panoramic view of the ocean. We stayed in the Vineyard room ($119/night), which provides views of the ocean on three sides and has a balcony. The room is nicely decorated and definitely leaves you feeling like you are at the beach. The walls are pretty thin and we could hear our neighbor but most of the time it was pretty quiet. The staff weren't around much but were very helpful when we saw them and the owner was friendly and always a phone call away.

Overall, we had a wonderful time and would happily return for another visit.

Room Tip: There are interior pictures of the rooms on the Ocean View Motel website. The second floor rooms ar...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gerald K
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My boyfriend Patrick and I returned yesterday from our weekend at the Ocean View Motel. We just wanted to take a minute to extend our thanks for such a nice experience. Our long weekend at your motel was planned far in advance, and very much needed when the time came. The staff made it even more enjoyable by offering suggestions for what to do in the area, and accommodating a spontaneous extra night's stay. We truly appreciate your kindness and hospitality, and have already decided to plan an extra long stay in May to celebrate Patrick's completion of graduate school. An extra thank you to Jeanine for the cruise passes and to Ray for being so pleasant. It certainly didn't go unnoticed, and we'll be recommending your motel to our friends and family. We look forward to our stay next summer!

Thanks again,

Kelly & Patrick

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PJFlaps34
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centerville
Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites
#4 of 22 in Hyannis
Blue Water on the Ocean
Blue Water on the Ocean
#5 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Ocean View Motel? Share your experiences!