“Running away from home, want to stay here forever!”

Captain David Kelley House
Ranked #1 of 6 Centerville B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, PA
“Running away from home, want to stay here forever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

2nd stay at Captain Kelley House, early October weekend. My hosts welcomed me back as warmly as (more warmly than?!) my own family. When Rick and Tom learned that I had a migraine, they offered to bring me breakfast in bed. How could I refuse? This is treatment I could get used to! I inhaled the pumpkin cranberry scones and the apple pancakes as well. Good quality green tea hit the spot (I'm a tea person.) Stayed in Patience room this time (last time I stayed in Capt. Kelley room.) Patience was of course immaculate, as is every inch of Capt. Kelley house, as well as the perfectly manicured garden and grounds. The decor of my room was charming and as I lay in bed, waiting for my migraine to pass, I welcomed the peace and quiet and enjoyed the opportunity to linger over each and every decorative detail: the paintings, wall hangings, textiles, etc. So tasteful, serene, pleasant. I do want to run away from home and move into Captain Kelley house. I can't do that, but I will return again as soon as possible. I'm so happy I have family in the area and an excuse to return often. Added bonus: Rick and Tom referred me to a little taste of Paris on the Cape, not far from the House: Pain D'Avignon. The desserts were out of this world--took a selection of desserts to a dinner party and they were as good as those in the best big-city French bakeries. Lunch at Pain D'Avignon was also excellent. It doesn't get any better than this, folks.

Room Tip: I've seen three rooms in the house and stayed in two. Can't wait to try the others. Common...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Pennsylvania Furnace
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

This was our first trip to Cape Cod. We stayed two nights in late September at this B&B, and it was everything the reviews said it was. We stayed in the "Patience Room" on the 2nd floor. The room was very spacious and cheerfully decorated with a colorful blue floral pattern wallpaper and many beautiful old antiques. The bathroom was very clean and also nicely decorated. My wife liked the green bathtub. We loved the fact that you could open the windows and enjoy the evening breezes. Tom and Rick were excellent hosts, and they really made us feel at home. Their breakfasts are excellent, and they will go out of their way to please you. My wife was celebrating her birthday while we were there, and Tom (unknown to us) ordered a complimentary dessert for her at the "Roadhouse Cafe" that evening. The next morning they both brought her a scone with a lit candle on it and sang happy birthday to her. This is definitely a great place to stay, and we hope to return again.

Room Tip: The Patience room is nice and roomy, but if you have the windows open you will hear the local Church...
Modena, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

The b&b is wonderfull, setting as been carufully, perfected in all details. The room is big and clean. The bath is even better. Tom and Rick are the best host we have never met.. Kind, caring and nice! The breakfast can be served on the inside or on the beautiful veranda outside! The food was excellent!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

We had a FANTASTIC time at this B&B. Tom and Rick are first rate hosts and made or visit very pleasurable. They answered any questions we had on dining and things to do on the Cape. Very Very accommodating. I would recommend this bed and Breakfast to anyone who loves a taste of the friendliness of the Cape Cod folks. Thank you for a GREAT 5 days. We hope to return again in the near future.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
East Haddam, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

We had a wonderful time. Rick and Tom and their scone wars - Too funny. The employee of the month is a beauty. My Husband wasnt so sure about this trip (he wasnt keen on taking time off work) but when we got there he loved it. And I loved it too! The place is beautiful and the room - Wow, very very nice. We would highly recommen the Capt David Kelley House.

Room Tip: Capt Kelley room has the king bed.
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

We are "fussy" travelers -- we like J.W. Marriotts. CDK is right up there with J.W.s - nothing less than outstanding. It may have been the best part of our Cape Code visit. We stayed in the Capain Baker room - what a treat. We highly recommend this B&B.

New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

We were attending a wedding at The Beach Club in Centerville and The Captian David Kelley house was recommended as a place to stay. It was the first time that my wife and I had stayed in a B&B and we were a bit apprehensive as to what to expect.

The house itself was very nice and is close to everything in the Centerville/Osterville/Hyannis area. We stayed in the Captian Kelley Room and it was very clean, spacious, and comfortable. It had a king sized bed, fireplace, and a well appointed bathroom. Rick and Tom are wonderful innkeepers, and they really do a great job of personalizing your stay. From check-in to check-out, they were presonable, competent, funny, and made us feel very welcome.

The breakfasts are very good. Rick and Tom each make a freshly baked scone, and they are excellent. They crack jokes about each other's baking skills, but they are both very talented. We also had fresh fruit, coffee, waffles, quiche, and the raspberry sorbet from Four Seas Ice Cream in Centerville was some of the best that I've ever had.

We greatly enjoyed our stay, and definitely would stay again. Thanks for a great weekend, Rick and Tom!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centerville
Anchor In Hotel
Liberty Hill Inn
#1 of 8 in Yarmouth Port
Sea Meadow Inn at Isaiah Clark House
Cape Cod Harbor House Inn

Been to Captain David Kelley House? Share your experiences!