“Relaxing stay”

Ranked #1 of 6 Centerville B&B and Inns
Malmo, Sweden
“Relaxing stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Me and my son had a perfect stay here. We were well taken care of by Rick and Tom. It was like coming to a home rather than a hotel. We felt very much at home. The rooms were nice and clean. We had the Alexander suite with a bathroom in common.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Linda and I stayed at the CDK House in September 2013 and could not have picked a more welcoming and entertaining pair of hosts than Rick and Tom. The accommodation was simply superb. Breakfast was something else, with the sconefest and competition a wonderfully entertaining (and tasty) start to the day. Nothing was too much trouble, and the guys were on hand with great advice about things to do and see and places to eat. That advice never disappointed. Thanks for a wonderful stay guys - your reputation as the best place to stay in Centerville is well deserved!

Room Tip: none of the rooms will disappoint.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
seacaptain539, Owner at Captain David Kelley House, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
We're very glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and very appreciative of your glowing review! The Scone Competition is still going strong! It keeps things fresh and fun; Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts about your experience.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

(Hope you all sang that title!) :)
I mean it when I say this place is the best. It is just so beautiful and typically what us Aussies think of as Cape Cod style and what we have seen in the American country magazines for years!
My mother has dreamt of traveling through New England for about 30 years or so...experiencing the places, vistas and people.
Our expectations were completely surpassed here...we were blown away by the beauty of it all and the sheer joyous and welcoming nature of the delightful duo, Rick and Tom! :) You can tell they love what they do and they love people. They are just naturally friendly and approachable and would do pretty much anything in their power to make your stay what you need it to be.
We stayed three nights and my husband and I plan on returning sometime to do it all again! (I must say also that we had a lot of luggage with 4 in our party and Rick assisted greatly with taking luggage upstairs for us - no questions asked. Just superb.)
The rooms were huge and beautiful. Perfect decoration and little touches around. The ensuites were great and the shower pressure awesome! The proximity also to the quaint general store was also a bonus for some shopping!
The "scone wars" is a must experience. (I videoed the performances each morning thankfully so it will be great fun to show them all to friends and family.) Just a wonderful enhancement to an already great experience. Us Aussies think you are 'just great mates' and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. xx (Nik, Lloyd, Carol and Greg)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Rachael room. Wonderful with own back entrance if required. Also the Alexander suit...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nikpumpkins
Marlborough, Massachusetts, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

My friends and I had a wonderful weekend at the Captain David Kelley House. Our room was beautifully decorated and the bed was very comfortable. I felt like I was at home. The best part was the delicious breakfast served by Rick & Tom, along with a little skit or some piano tunes. I certainly will go back in the near future.Thank you Rick & Tom for a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carolyn Y
Niantic, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was "flying solo" for the first time in many years and actually considered staying in a commercial hotel on the Cape rather than a B&B. I was concerned there would be little privacy and only couples at breakfast. My fears were unfounded. Rick and Tom, from the moment I called to inquire about a reservation, couldn't have been more easy going and welcoming. Their home mirrors their warmth, their attention to detail, and their engaging sense of fun! Whether you are arriving alone or as part of a large group, they remember your name, email you ahead of arrival about your room and why they think it will be perfect just for you, and they are available for your questions/requests, yet they know how to ensure your privacy. I stayed in the Phoebe Room - the view of the distant hills was stunning - the bed was sumptuous in its simplicity, providing a peaceful night's sleep, and freshly brewed coffee wafted up the narrow staircase in the morning to greet me. If heaven is anything like this, sign me up!

Room Tip: If you have difficulty walking up narrow flights of stairs, tell Rick and Tom you will need to reser...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
King George, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Rick and Tom.......you have done it right!!
I have stayed in many B&B's around the country (and Europe).....this is one of the finest!
What a great house, super rooms and the breakfast's......wow, is what comes to mind.
The house is centrally located on the cape, seems like we were only minutes from everywhere we wanted to go.
Tom and Rick were so very helpful with places to go, dinners and anything that one might need.
We will be back for sure on our next trip to the area.
Thanks guys!!

(and Tom.....you won)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

My friend and I were doing an Autumn New England road trip and the Captain David Kelley House was one of our first destinations, and our BEST destination. We stayed in the suite. Both rooms were cozy and comfy. The house is really a HOME; the decor is comfortable and beautiful. The details, cleanliness, and quality were top notch. I felt like I've known Rick and Tom as friends for a long time. They are so much fun and just so kind and full of JOY! I adore them. Breakfast and the scone wars were fantastic...the food was excellent; I've never had such perfectly cooked poached eggs. The scones were yummy...yes, both, I can't take sides! One morning it rained so we spent our time sitting in the living room. Rather than being sad that our morning plans didn't pan out, we instead enjoyed a relaxing much needed time-out in a thoroughly pleasant home. I highly recommend the Captain David Kelley House...except, please don't book when I want to go back! :o)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centerville
Anchor In Hotel
Liberty Hill Inn
#1 of 8 in Yarmouth Port
Sea Meadow Inn at Isaiah Clark House
Cape Cod Harbor House Inn

Been to Captain David Kelley House? Share your experiences!