“Zip line tour at Zoar Outdoor” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zoar Outdoor/Deerfield Valley Canopy Tours

Zoar Outdoor/Deerfield Valley Canopy Tours
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Charlemont
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1989, Zoar Outdoor has offered the best in New England white water rafting trips, zip line canopy tours, kayaking clinics, canoeing instruction, rock climbing classes and bike rentals for adventurers of all abilities, from beginners to experts. Based out of our convenient location in the Berkshires in western Massachusetts, Zoar Outdoor river trips, canopy tours and instructional clinics are only 2 hours from Boston and New Haven and just 3 hours from Providence and New York City.
South Deerfield, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“Zip line tour at Zoar Outdoor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I took my 29 yr old son to Zoar zip line canopy tour last week and it was a very nice time! I have been zip lining one other time in Costa Rica, but this was much better than that. The equipment was top notch and I never felt unsafe. Our guides, Hannah and Howard were very experienced and entertaining, and very aware of safety at all times. The woods and views were beautiful. The tour was just over 3 hours, just long enough to feel completely satisfied!

Visited October 2013

Milford, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“zipping in the Berkshires”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I am a 63 year old woman who just finished the three hour zip line trip with Zoar in the Berkshires.
I had the time of my life. The guides, Curt and Wayne were very good and always watched out for our safety. In addition they were personable and very polite. They never made anyone feel awkward or inept. Although I am generally afraid of heights, I felt so secure in the harness that I felt no fear at all.
I also stayed at the Hawke Lodge on the grounds of Zoar. Not fancy but comfortable, cozy and more than adequate.
I would take this trip again in a heartbeat!

Visited October 2013
Cumberland, Rhode Island, United States
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

It was a great experience. We have never done zip lining before and the staff helped up feel safe and have fun. We just wanted it to last longer!

Providence, Rhode Island
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Zip lining at its best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

After a little guidance and training - we zip lined through the canopy of trees@! A wonderful experience with a hands-on staff to guide you and then cheer you on@! Safe and serene - let the experts take you on a zip trip - 11 lines and too many thrills to count. Accomplishment IS a thrill!

South Deerfield, Massachusetts, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Must do !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

My wife and I had never done this before but had talked about it. We arrived, and got into our harnesses. We were given a safety lesson, and found this the staff very dedicated to their job and took our being safe seriously, which helped put us at ease! A fun ride to the top of the mountain in and all wheel drive ranger, ( like an oversize golf cart) added to the fun! Then down the mountain we came on 11 different zip lines! It takes three hours to do the zip line experience.You will not be disappointed!