“loved it!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlemont
The Warfield House Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Charlemont B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“loved it!”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We stayed in a main house and love it! Beautiful views from the front terrace, very scenic and peaceful. It is a big property with plenty of space just to take a walk around enjoying fresh air. We had omelet for breakfast made from 100% natural eggs picked in a henhouse just 50 steps way. Overall, had very pleasant experience, glad we booked.
Katia and Olga

Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Olga K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Florida
Reviewed 10 October 2011

If you want someplace quiet and interesting, this may be for you. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. I think the house is very quiet anyway, but I was the only guest on two of the three nights I stayed, so that impression may not be accurate.

The rooms are also very clean and the linens fresh. I had a top floor room with stunning views. The sun in the windows in the morning was a wonderful way to wake up, and the air is bracingly fresh. The water pressure in the shower could have been more forceful, but it was certainly more than adequate. Ample amenities--extra pillows, towels, blankets, hair dryer, etc. The wifi works just fine. I didn't try the TV in the common room.

I can't comment on the restaurant on the property as it was not open, but Hillary, the lovely innkeeper, makes a great breakfast.

The property is great for exploring--both on the farm with the animals and trails and, for the hardy, down (and back up) the hill to Avery's General Store.

The surrounding area has lots of interesting towns and wayside stops.

Room Tip: If you don't mind stairs, ask for Room 6 or 7. They are at the top of the house and have the be...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank AKAZengi
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed at the WarfieldHouse Inn, in the bungalow for two nights for our son & daughter in laws wedding reception which was held there. We will never go there again or reccomend staying there, yes the view is spectacular and it is a working farm we knew all that before hand, that said:
1 The inn keeper of the bungalow Melanie ( and I don't like to mention names but people need to know this.) is the rudest woman I have ever met.She was not there when we arrived, so we were left with post its on the door telling us what rooms we were in, which was all wrong! So my husband went to the main house to straighten that out and they had no idea what was going on altho the girl was very nice.
I had my mother and aunt who are both 79 years old, we had requested a room with twin beds and a private bath, which is off the kitchen, that was fine, until the day of the wedding when Melanie showed up, the reception was over and we were all sitting on the porch and she came out and demanded to know who was staying in the house and it was all wrong !
Now this was done in front of all our guests,my husband tried to talk too her but she was right and he was wrong, they went inside to straighten it out.. the next morning we were told she was making pancakes which was fine, but everyone was not up at the same time and that also bothered her...
When we went to check out she tried to bill us for people who were staying in the main house along with our guests in the bungalow.. and actually had a heated descusion in front of the guests,who are all in the industry, they are all chefs as is my son. Needless to say they could not believe how rude she was! If the Warfield House Inn wants to stay a B&B I strongly suggest they get the right people to run it. This wedding was planned a year in advance so this was not something she didn't know about and reservations where confirmed a week in advance. Thankfully my son and daughter inlaw had a wonderful wedding and did not spend their wedding night at the Warfield house Inn.

Room Tip: no recomendation
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
11 Thank hollymurphy
Hull, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We made a reservation and were pleasantly surprised to be seated at what we would consider the best table in the house. The view is exquisite! The staff was very attentive and kind. The menu is not very long but there is something for everyone on it. The grass raised beef came recommended by the chef and did not disappoint. The price of the meals was reasonable. It was a very enjoyable evening.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stated at Warfield House during hurricane Irene. The hurricane made it where we couldn't leave. Everyone there took great care of us and provided for every need we could have had. Also the restaurant was amazingly good and the service was really impressive.

• Stayed August 2011
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 August 2011

When I first thought about reviewing the Warfield House, I wasn't sure how I would go about rating it. It's a stunning location, in all honesty, I don't think they understand that they have a gem with that place, and if they built a newer barn instead of a pavilion, they could charge a lot more for weddings. Location definitely gets 5 stars. However, the management is really not all that great. My advice to anyone booking a function here - GET IT IN WRITING! They told both my mom and I that part of the wedding package included champagne for the toasts. 2 weeks before the wedding they told us they had no idea where we got that idea, because they didn't even have champagne glasses. So, we didn't have a champagne toast, we just had everyone lift their glass - whatever that may have been. Thank goodness for my vendors - my caterer and dj especially - because the night went off without a hitch because of them. The bartenders were fantastic, and we even got the owner and the event planner out on the dance floor by the end of the night. All in all, they just don't have a clue what they are doing. My room was beautiful, breakfast was delicious, and I had the wedding of my dreams.

Room Tip: Rooms 6 and 7 are adorable (maybe the newest?) and have A/C. We loved our room!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GillianScarpino
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 June 2011

The setting cannot be beat (5 stars). The concept is truly wonderful (5 stars). The staff were truly nice people (4.5 stars). The rooms are really pretty nice (4 stars). But I give it a rating of 3 overall, because it feels like the place just opened and they are still working out the kinks, even in the restaurant. Perhaps they are trying to do too much at once, with the restaurant and managing local entertainment. We didn't get served dinner at the restaurant for 90 minutes, but on the other hand, they were apologetic and treated us to dessert and a round of drinks. The staff for our house was out sick and nobody took over, so our rooms never were cleaned in our two-night stay (and this is a working farm, so the floor does get dirty). We couldn't figure out why they did not understand that a raucous band playing well into the night might not be a great idea for a peaceful stay on a farm with small children. Imagine the 7-year-old still up 2.5 hours after he went to bed.

All the same, we really did enjoy the people and the place is so wonderful. They make their own maple syrup and it's incredibly good (you just want to drink it). The kids can collect eggs in the mornings. I really want to give it another chance.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank anon430
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlemont
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
#4 of 13 in Williamstown
Hotel on North
Hotel on North
#1 of 8 in Pittsfield

Been to The Warfield House Inn? Share your experiences!