What a glorious place to stay!
We booked to stay 3 days over the weekend on our road trip round New England.
When booking the Inn the owners spent the time on the phone asking our preference of rooms and whether we required a Jacuzzi bath etc. We decided that this was unnecessary to our needs as we were going to be travelling the area and probably not likely to be in the room for any length of time. They gave us the Hannah Rebecca room on the ground floor of the main house. The room was just lovely, though if you're watching TV there is a post that hinders the view from the right side of the bed!! Hey ho, not very important. This inn is in fabulous Chatham (I think the loveliest place to stay in Cape Cod) and is absolutely amazing. Jill & James (the owners) are always on hand and have exceptional help from their lovely British interns who help run the hotel. As we arrived we were told that the kitchen is open to all guests and that you can serve yourself tea/coffee at any time. Afternoon tea is served in the dining room. The homemade cakes and biscuits are absolutely yummy! I only drink tea and the selection was amazing! Breakfast in the morning is buffet style with a hot entrée that was absolutely delicious - pancakes, waffles etc.
Arriving back from dinner on the first night we went into the DVD library and borrowed a film. There is always a carafe of sweet sherry and port - what a lovely touch. The second night after dinner cookies and tea were available in the kitchen.
Also items such as bottles of water are free of charge which I think is a great touch as I always feel that I'm being ripped off when it comes to paying for water (especially Fiji in the States!).
Having been on the road for a week, we decided to spend Sunday morning by the pool - oh my what a treat. Wonderfully comfortable loungers with water on tap in the fitness room.
They recommended restaurants for us - thought of absolutely everything.
Can I recommend this Inn - of course I can - it's amazing and I wish that it was situated in Chatham UK where I would have a chance of at least going very soon!! By the way the grounds are just lovely and patio breakfast eating fab.
Thanks Jill & James et all - This was a truly perfect stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A most distinctive Cape Cod bed and breakfast, the Captain's House Inn is regarded by many respected lodging reviewers as perhaps "The Cape's" finest small inn. This four-diamond sea captain's estate on two acres in Chatham, Massachusetts is the perfect choice for a romantic getaway or a peaceful retreat from the workaday world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Captain's House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain`s House Hotel Chatham
- Captain's House Inn Chatham, Cape Cod, MA