“Comfortable B&B that feels more like your close friends' home”
Review of Chatham Gables Inn

and 1 more site!
Chatham Gables Inn
Ranked #2 of 9 Chatham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have stayed at the Chatham Gables Inn just for one night, but even this time was enough to understand what little gem I have found. I felt very much at home from the first minute I stepped into the house.
The room on the ground floor was nice and comfortable and the house itself is very warm and cozy and you feel the history as it is beautifully restored. One thing that really makes all the difference though is the attitude of the owners of the place, who are indeed - as other reviewrs say here - are very professional and corteous.

I was rather tired when I arrived and as I have never been to the Cape before I wasn't sure where to go for dinner, but Andrea managed to find a nice place to eat at a very short notice and David even offered to drive me to the place - and it was rather late in the evening! I don't know many other places, where the owner of the hotel would do something like that - calling a taxi, yes, but going out of the way to actually drive a guest to a restaurant?

I might have a chance to come back to Chathan next June and am already looking forward to spending another couple of nights there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Our second visit and look forward to future jaunts to this delightful inn. Hosts are accommodating and welcoming. Rooms are immaculate and tastefully furnished. Great breakfasts and good tips for restaurants, day trips, etc..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The owners were very professional and courteous. The place was immaculate and the food...OMG, positively outstanding. The entire weekend was just perfect. I really enjoyed the spa bathroom with all the spa soaps and lotions. The beds were very comfortable and the overall atmosphere was very serene and peaceful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013

An exceptional choice in B&B! Andrea and Dave go above and beyond to think of everything to make your stay comfortable and memorable. The rooms are all tastefully decorated and lovely. The breakfast was both delicious and delightfully presented. We look forward to a return visit!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I can't say enough about Chatham Gables Inn! My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in room #1. This room is stunning, quaint, and serene, with a calming blue motif and a gas log fireplace. Very romantic! I love the private porch with rocking chairs. The common areas are beautifully appointed, warm, and inviting. Breakfast was definitely a highlight each day... Andrea is a wonderful cook! Andrea and David gave us great tips for things to see and do in the area, and where to eat. The nearby Impudent Oyster is a must-try! Andrea was gracious enough to show us some of the other guest rooms for future reference. Room 7 is a good size and has a beautiful bay window, letting in a lot of light. I think CGI will be a yearly tradition for us!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 27 October 2013

After a six-hour drive from NY, it was quite wonderful to arrive at Chatham Gables Inn and be so warmly welcomed by David and Andrea who are lovely people and excellent hosts as well. As we've been coming to the Cape since the mid-70s, we know it reasonably well. David suggested a stroll on the Boardwalk in Sandwich where we planned to spend a few hours. Despite having been to Sandwich several times over the years, we knew nothing about the Boardwalk. And a great walk it was on a crisp October morning. The Inn itself is charming, immaculate, beautifully furnished and comfortable. Lovely food, too. In fact, Andrea whipped up a special breakfast for me. An Inn can be beautiful, comfortable and charming, but it's the warmth, creativity, and truly sincere desire of Andrea and David to ensure a happy experience for their guests that makes one's stay at Chatham Gables Inn so special.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My sister, mom and I had a wonderful experience at Chatham Gables Inn. David and Andrea were warm and welcoming, always available to be sure we had everything we needed, answer our questions, and go the extra mile (without being intrusive) to help us feel at home. Our spacious room was warm, welcoming and tastefully decorated. The inn itself is very beautiful, with two common-area sitting rooms and a sunny breakfast room overlooking the patio and garden. Everything was spotless. The raspberry cobbler and blueberry/sour cream pancakes were amazing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family