“Loved it!”

Ranked #2 of 9 Chatham B&B and Inns
Boston
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed at this beautiful inn this past weekend. David and Andrea were very nice innkeepers. My husband and I were totally thrilled with how lovely Chatham Gables Inn was. The pictures really don't do the inn justice. Besides loving the tasteful decor, the bed linens were to die for. I ended up ordering a set of the sheets. The morning breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The attention to detail was appreciated and makes this inn a place you must stay at. Chatham Gables Inn was decorated for the holidays and was so verry festive. It is just wonderfufl! We will return. Thanks for making Chatham Gables Inn such a great getaway.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emhga17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Where do I even start? Chatham Gables Inn, it's a beauty. Turning into the property, I noticed the stone graveling, which I loved. It gave the house a country courtyard feel. It was beautiful. The house itself, stunning inside and out. Clean, nicely decorated for the season. We came in with Thanksgiving decor and left with Christmas decor. David and Andrea are wonderful hosts. They were there whenever we needed anything, from little questions to where to eat. They had answers to practically anything you threw at them. They are warm, charming, just all round lovely people. Hospitality makes anyone's day, and honestly having breakfast with them every morning gave me an added jolt of sweetness. Breakfast, wow it was amazing. It left me speechless. I love love how they added the little pastries as well. I have a sweet tooth so that was perfect. I visited the Inn in the winter so I didn't really have a chance to sit outside the breakfast room and enjoy the swing, but it looked lovely. A nice space that could be used in the fall/spring/summer months. Swings are always a plus.
When I walked in for the first time, I noticed a few things. The fireplace, the music, the peace and quiet. I was sold right there. I knew this was a great choice I had made. I personally had a couple glasses of wine in the common area with the fireplace around 10pm or so. Oh my. That was really romantic. I love that they have games as well, if you were interested to play. We stayed in room 4. It was a cute little cozy room. I loved the bed linens, and the bathroom Turkish towels. The thickness of it was amazing. Andrea has spa products in the bathroom, from wash to shampoo and conditioner. Oh my they were lovely. I felt like I was at the spa, taking a shower. I especially liked the chair in the corner. Sunday morning my boyfriend and I took turns wrapped in the throw just admiring the view. It's a home, it isn't merely a house. It's their home, and they've opened it up to us. They seem like they're about the best quality, and they make sure we have a wonderful time. This was my second time on the cape. My first was in a hotel. I'll be back again, but to Chatham Gables Inn.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank aqua_mah
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 November 2013

After reading all the rave reviews about this property everywhere we had the highest expectations when booking 3 nights at the Chatham Gables Inn. Our expectations were all met and then some! Andrea and David have given thought to their guests' comfort down to the smallest detail.. The inn has been restored with elegance, warmth and charm. Brand new bathrooms, some rooms with working fireplaces, beautiful, old wooden floors, lovely antique furniture, beautiful furnishings, wonderful books to read, and the finest toiletries and linens I have ever come across (Andrea is a former director of a top spa on Nantucket). Coffee, tea and cookies were available 24/7. The homemade breakfasts were wonderful. I can truthfully say that this is the finest inn I have visited in the US (my two other favorites are in France). Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: I visited a few of the rooms and found them all beautifully arranged, impeccably clean, each one wit...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Moscow
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have stayed at the Chatham Gables Inn just for one night, but even this time was enough to understand what little gem I have found. I felt very much at home from the first minute I stepped into the house.
The room on the ground floor was nice and comfortable and the house itself is very warm and cozy and you feel the history as it is beautifully restored. One thing that really makes all the difference though is the attitude of the owners of the place, who are indeed - as other reviewrs say here - are very professional and corteous.

I was rather tired when I arrived and as I have never been to the Cape before I wasn't sure where to go for dinner, but Andrea managed to find a nice place to eat at a very short notice and David even offered to drive me to the place - and it was rather late in the evening! I don't know many other places, where the owner of the hotel would do something like that - calling a taxi, yes, but going out of the way to actually drive a guest to a restaurant?

I might have a chance to come back to Chathan next June and am already looking forward to spending another couple of nights there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Our second visit and look forward to future jaunts to this delightful inn. Hosts are accommodating and welcoming. Rooms are immaculate and tastefully furnished. Great breakfasts and good tips for restaurants, day trips, etc..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Rockland, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The owners were very professional and courteous. The place was immaculate and the food...OMG, positively outstanding. The entire weekend was just perfect. I really enjoyed the spa bathroom with all the spa soaps and lotions. The beds were very comfortable and the overall atmosphere was very serene and peaceful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Tolland, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 November 2013

An exceptional choice in B&B! Andrea and Dave go above and beyond to think of everything to make your stay comfortable and memorable. The rooms are all tastefully decorated and lovely. The breakfast was both delicious and delightfully presented. We look forward to a return visit!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Pleasant Bay Village
#1 of 9 in Chatham
Carriage House Inn
Carriage House Inn
#4 of 9 in Chatham

Been to Chatham Gables Inn? Share your experiences!