“Absolutely fantastic”

Ranked #2 of 9 Chatham B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We really had the most fantastic time at the Chatham Gables Inn and would thoroughly recommend it. Our hosts, David and Andrea, could not have been more hospitable. The accommodation was extremely comfortable and luxurious and within easy reach of the charming town of Chatham. Andrea made the most splendid breakfasts while David provided loads of top tips re what to do in the area. Just the perfect place to stay.

1 Thank KIRSTY S
CGI364, Owner at Chatham Gables Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Chatham is quite charming and our guests enjoy the proximity to town and the beaches that CGI offers. We find the Inn the perfect place to sit and relax after enjoying the scenes in town and its wonderful you were able to enjoy this! David and I enjoy sharing our love for Cape Cod with all of our guests! We hope to see you at CGI again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Colorado
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We very much enjoyed our visit to the Chatham Gables Inn. The location is perfect, within easy walking distance from the main shopping street and the beach. The room was exceedingly comfortable and the linens and bath products were of the highest quality, as were Andrea's perfectly prepared breakfasts! She and David are a wonderful couple and really went out of their way to see to our every need. I would highly recommend this lovely New England gem.

CGI364, Owner at Chatham Gables Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a wonderful review. We believe it's important for our future guests to hear from people that have experienced our luxurious Inn! June can be a beautiful time of year on the Cape and we are glad you enjoyed your visit!
Caldwell, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Chatham Gables Inn from start to finish. Andrea & Dave are so warm and friendly and make a great team-Dave remembered our assorted beverage preferences and greeted us every morning in the pretty dining room, offering to help plan our days; Andrea is a sensational cook and baker-she catered to our needs and requests with a smile-even brought out mini versions of some delicious treats for my husband and I to share when we just wanted a "taste". We stayed in room 3 which was fresh, beautiful and comfortable-it had a wood-burning fireplace and a lovely, new bathroom. By the time we said good-bye we felt as if we had made new friends. Looking forward to returning.

CGI364, Owner at Chatham Gables Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Hearing you describe our Inn as the "Most Lovely B&B" warms our hearts! We truly love what we do and the best part of our day is serving breakfast and helping our guests plan their day. We continue to expand our menu and look forward to spoiling you during your next stay with us.
Andrea & David
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at this lovely Inn to attend a wedding last week in Chatham. My husband and I were so pleased with the wonderful accomidations and friendly owners David and Andrea. They made us feel at home with the cozy public areas as well as the peaceful garden for reading or just to have a cup of tea in a beautiful setting.
I have some food allergies but Andrea always had something wonderful for me at breakfast.
The owners gave us suggestions for activities as well as dining, and we were pleased with all of them. I am a bit of a clean freak and I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the inn, and the beds and linens are the best you will find anywhere.
I only wish we had more time to spend in Cape Cod at the Chatham Gables Inn.

Room Tip: Our room was the former Captain's room with a king size bed, a large bay window with chairs as w...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kathy E
CGI364, Owner at Chatham Gables Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay while attending the wedding. Accommodating your food allergies was my pleasure. I am happy we were able to provide you with something delicious!

We take pride in the cleanliness of our Inn. Our house keepers are wonderful and we are excited to have them back with us for another summer! We look forward to your next visit!
David & Andrea
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at Chatham Gables Inn the week before Memorial Day. The purpose of my trip was a week of reflection for a fellowship program. What better place to reflect than the Cape? It was perfect.

Andrea and David have a lovely B&B. I felt like they invited me, not only into their home, but into their family.

My room was quiet and had its own entrance. Bed linens, towels, and bathrobe are soft and luxurious. Soap, shampoo, conditioner are provided and are of spa quality. Andrea has an eye for detail that is found throughout the B&B – tastefully decorated and not fussy.

Breakfasts are lovely - set on the sun porch with a view to the side yard. Andrea was wonderful in accommodating my gluten-free dietary needs. She went out of her way to sit with me to understand my needs so she could get it right. She is a creative cook and clearly enjoys sating her guests’ appetites while being sensitive to dietary restrictions.

David has a calm presence and a wry sense of humor. He’s the master tour guide offering suggestions on the best beaches, local fare, and historical attractions. What’s nice too, is he remembers what he suggested and is genuinely interested to know if you enjoyed it. He’s also eager to learn from his guests what they may have found along the way so he can share that with others.

My favorite evening activity was to sit in front of the fireplace with a glass of wine and read. I bought my own and nursed it throughout my time at the B&B. David and Andrea have glasses and bottle openers available for use along with a small fridge in the common area.

I chose this B&B over others because David and Andrea cater to those of us who seek an adult environment – no families with small children. I needed a peaceful environment and that is exactly what they have created. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank C G
CGI364, Owner at Chatham Gables Inn, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
We are so glad you were able to enjoy some peaceful time here at the Chatham Gables Inn this spring. The Zents bath essentials could not be anymore relaxing and we are so pleased at our guests' responses to them since bringing them to the Inn.
We really enjoy coming up with spectacular and decadent dishes to present to our guests. We believe the most important part of the day is breakfast! We hope to leave our guests wanting for nothing more.

We are delighted you enjoyed the sitting room by the fire! It is such a relaxing environment and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chatham Gables Inn.
Andrea and David
Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay with Andrea and David in the downstairs corner room. It has a private porch but unfortunately it was too chilly to use it, so we chose to sit by our fireplace instead. The room was very clean and the king bed very comfortable. The bath had a nice shower and the spa-quality soaps and lotions are an elegant touch. The inn was full and I was at first concerned about noise because our room was near the stairs and sitting area, but we were never disturbed. Breakfast in the sun room overlooking the well-tended flower garden was delicious. Andrea is a very good cook, and the meals are not to be missed. David waits tables, filling coffee cups and helping the guests plan their days on the Cape. It was our first visit and his advice was invaluable to us. David and Andrea make every effort to customize advice to their guests on restaurants, sightseeing, and shopping.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
CGI364, Owner at Chatham Gables Inn, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! Weather in the spring is always hard to predict on the Cape but we are so happy you were able to enjoy the fire place during chilly times. Our garden is becoming more bountiful daily and the view from the breakfast room continues to flourish as the weather warms up. We hope you are able to return and enjoy the private deck during your next stay!
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I just recently enjoyed a two night stay at this lovely inn as a gift from our children. This surprise gift did not disappoint! Our host Andrea and David were extremely accommodating and friendly. The room we stayed in (Rm. 8) was a delight to my wife and I with a gas log fire place, steam shower and furnishings that would fit in with any Cape Cod home design magazines. Breakfast is to die for along with complementary tea, coffee and cookies in the evening. We look forward to staying there again--hint hint kids!!

Room Tip: Room 8 will not dissapoint
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
CGI364, Owner at Chatham Gables Inn, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
What wonderful children you have! We are so pleased you enjoyed room 8! The steam shower has become something to be desired by many of our guests when choosing which room for their stay. We look forward to your next stay with us, perhaps your family can join you! Perhaps let us pamper you in room 1, where you will enjoy a private deck overlooking the garden.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Pleasant Bay Village
#1 of 9 in Chatham
Carriage House Inn
Carriage House Inn
#4 of 9 in Chatham

Been to Chatham Gables Inn? Share your experiences!