“Had my wedding here”

Queen Anne Inn Cafe & Lounge
Ranked #5 of 9 Chatham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I had my wedding here, they went above and beyond to please us. The owner, Dana, is terrific. She communicated with us every step of the way and was super flexible. It was incredible. The food was fabulous, the ambiance, garden, service, everything.

Room Tip: We stayed in the cottage, it was AWESOME! It has a private lounge area in the back.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
QAI-Management, Manager at Queen Anne Inn Cafe & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

We're so thrilled to have been a part of your big day! We know weddings can be a bit stressful, so our staff is always ready to do any and everything we can to make things easy for the wedding party. So glad you enjoyed everything for the ambiance to the service. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We hope you'll come back again soon to visit!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had a wonderful time at the Queen Anne recently, restfull and quiet with nearby amenities and plenty to see and do. The staff was especially courteous and rooms quaint and comfortable. The place is nestled in a residential area not for from Main Street and the Oyster Pond right behind

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
QAI-Management, Manager at Queen Anne Inn Cafe & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thanks so much for the kind words, Paul. I'm thrilled to hear you had a lovely stay with us. And it's always great to hear when our staff really hits the mark for our guests. Hope we'll see you again on your next visit to Chatham!

Best,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Amazing place! Beautiful preserve with taste and grace. My husband, my daughter and I stayed at the Inn in Mid-June for few nights. We had a 1st floor spacious, clean, comfortable room. There was a 4-posted king size bed, daybed, armchair, coffee table, TV, refrigerator, and complimentary wine bottle. Our room had a fireplace and a large sized jacuzzi in our private patio overlooking charming views. I asked the staff to show me other rooms, thinking to come back with my extended family again, the Inn was consistently ease and true to Cape Cod style, though modern amenities. The character was very apparent. My daughter loved the beautiful, sparkling pool and beautiful gardens all around.
Very helpful and friendly staff! We will definitely go back again in August, this time I will bring more friends and family to share the Stylish Beauty of this place and Chatham!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Your review really made our day, Anna! I'm over the moon to hear that your family enjoyed staying with us. From your room, to our gardens, it's wonderful that you found everything to be in tip-top shape. We can't wait to see you again in August!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I booked a two night stay at the Queen Anne Inn for this July 4th weekend (I got back home today, July 5th, 2014, and ran to my computer in hopes of saving others from making a mistake by booking a stay here.

To begin, I got what I thought was a great deal using Hotwire for this hotel. I spent 200+ per night. I totally regret my decision and actually left a day early (and lost $$ on the additional night) because my boyfriend and I were very uncomfortable and disappointed by this Inn.

The hotel needs TLC - to start, we arrived at 1pm and had to wait for our room to be ready. Once it was ready, we were shown to an "upgraded room with a hot tub". When we looked at the room, we thought they were joking or playing a cruel joke on us. Very musty, old fashion and very outdated. The room reminded me of a little girls room from an old horror flick. I've stayed at inn's before and I never thought we'd stay in a room that was beyond outdated (think old victorian furniture and a haunted looking inn). The TV was tiny and old. We only got several channels.

The bed was hard as a rock - again, it seemed like a joke that a hotel would not put some kind of mattress topper on a mattress. It felt like sleeping on a plank of wood. This was a major issue for us because we knew we would not get a good night's rest.

The weather was not great and I had asked the manager of the inn repeatedly if they would provide us with a refund so we wouldn't make the trip and get caught in the rain (due to Hurricane Arthur). Of course, she convinced us that the rain would only come down Friday and that the rest of the weekend would be gorgeous. She also told me I could not get a refund unless an official hurricane warning was issued. An official warning was issued but they refused to accommodate us and we didn't want to lose over $600 worth of money spent on the room.

We made the trip, stayed for 1 miserable night (I got less than 3 hours of sleep due to the bed situation, wind hitting the windows all night due to the tropical storm effects, etc.) We packed our bags early and headed on to make another 5 hr trip back home (a day early). I honestly, did not even care about losing the money, I just wanted to get back home because I was so disappointed.

Before leaving the Inn we wanted to take advantage of the "free breakfast" that was included with the reservation. Unfortunately, you're forced to pay for gratuity and any extras that are not included in the "American Breakfast", so it's not free. The menu actually said that a dish brought a "generous portion of potatoes." When we received the dish there were exactly 3 small pieces of potatoes. I wish I would have thought to take a picture as proof. I know it sounds silly, but this was the icing on the cake for us - we ate quickly and got out as fast as possible.

I will never return to this inn. It looks beautiful from the outside but the inside is as old as they come and I hope you decide to head to a nicer, more comfortable hotel for your weekend on the Cape.

Room Tip: If you ask for a free upgrade, they may do it depending on availability.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Valerie M
QAI-Management, Manager at Queen Anne Inn Cafe & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

I'm so sorry to hear that you left feeling this way, Valerie. We hope our guests find us charming and historic, not outdated and uncomfortable, and it's disappointing to hear we fell short. Did you happen to bring any of your complaints to our attention at the time? We would have been more than happy to find you a room more suited to your liking.

Seems like the weather situation was also a factor during your stay, and unfortunately this variant is simply out of our hands. However, that's no excuse for any discomfort our guests feel.

As for our breakfast, seems like there was a bit of miscommunication on our end about what was included. It's unfortunate that you were let down by you room and dining experience. Again, I greatly apologize for any confusion.

I would really like to get to the bottom of the issues here, and make things right. If you would like to discuss your visit in further further detail, I would be happy to go over our Hurricane refund policy with you. Please don't hesitate to reach out: (508) 945-0394.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We spent 8 nights in the Inn, it is exactly that an Inn. If you expect hotel standards you might be disappointed.
The staff were very helpful and tried their best to help, the room had a slightly musty smell and was slightly tired, easily fixed with a little TLC.
The setting is excellent easy to get into the town,the Inn might consider a more varied menu for breakfast, if not there are other places to get breakfast in the area.
I think if you consider this Inn for a stay remember it is an Inn not a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donald R

While I'm pleased to hear you found our staff to be very helpful, I'm sorry to hear you were a bit underwhelmed with your stay with us, Donald. We want every guest to enjoy a fresh, clean, and well prepared room, so I'm very disappointed to hear we didn't achieve this for you. Your feedback is very helpful, so we'll be sure to keep this in mind. I hope you'll give us a second chance at providing you with the great hospitality I know we are capable of.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

When we booked into this hotel for our 8 night stay and opened our room door it had a musty smell and we had to sleep in the room the first night with the balcony door open ,would not recommend anyone staying in this hotel to have breakfast in it , complained to the waitress about the breakfast being cold the first morning we arrived , complained the second morning about the cold breakfast and ask the waitress if I could speak to the manager only to be told she was the food and beverage manager and any complaints we had would be dealt with by herself ,it took her 5 mornings before I received a hot breakfast and slightly warmer water for my tea ,felt very disappointed that if this hotel has a manager that they did not make themselves know to me.
We have stayed in a lot of hotels in America but this one was a big disappointment don't think this hotel is run by Americans .

Room Tip: We had a garden room on the first floor with a jacuzzi but did not it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

We want every single one of our guests to enjoy a comfortable stay with us, William. I'm dismayed to hear we missed the mark for you. It's frustrating to feel that your concerns are not being taken into account, which is something we never want to happen. It's concerning to me that you were served a cold breakfast five days in a row. Please be assured that I will be checking in with my staff to find out what exactly happened here. I appreciate your feedback and hope that you will consider giving us the chance to prove we have what it takes to provide the complete hospitality package.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My daughter booked a two night stay for us at this B&B. It was a bit tricky finding it but once we got there we LOVED our stay! We flew from Colorado for our anniversary and what a wonderful place to stay. The service was wonderful and the location was wonderful! I highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
QAI-Management, Manager at Queen Anne Inn Cafe & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

We're thrilled that you had such a great stay with us! Vacation is all about kicking back and relaxing -- especially when celebrating your anniversary! It's great to hear that you loved our location and that our service was able to knock it out of the park for you. Hope you'll think of us next time you're in Chatham!