“Very nice stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Hamilton Square, New Jersey
“Very nice stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed 5 nights at the Chatham Motel. I have no complaints about the room. It was very clean and looked newly renovated. Housekeeping was very prompt every day. The only negative which really wasn't a big deal, was our assigned parking spot had an overgrown bush on the passenger side making it impossible to open the door once parked, especially since the people next to the driver side door had a huge oversized truck. But that wouldn't deter me from returning. The price was right and I would highly recommend the Chatham Motel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Catherine S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

I was worried about booking a motel and I have never been to Cape cod so I had no idea where or what to book. I think I made a great choice! The location is convenient in the sense that it's on the main street. Although, it's not exactly walking distance to the downtown. You need a car or a bike to get around, but I love this place because it's super clean and very quaint. I almost feel like it's right from the 50's with the panle walls and bulit in bottle opener in the wall! The bed spread is a nice cotton quilt whice feels so homey. It's very simeple. The TV is small. There is no iron or board in the room. There is a fridge. But it's very clean and there are three windows, the staff is friendly and helpful and the grounds are cottagy and lovely. Chatham is a great location as it's quaint and charming and a good centre point for all the activities you may want to do.

2 Thank KevnJules
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Apart from having an old school building on site for the suites, the rooms are in a classic single story carpark-facing arrangement set in a few acres of nicely kempt gardens. On the main road but far enough away from the traffic to be very quiet. Trees shadow the rooms from the summer heat.

The two only slight negatives are that the rooms have two queen beds not a single large bed which cramps the room a little and there is no kitchenette so self catering is not an option.

Room Tip: Bring your swimming clothes! The pool is small but excellent for lounging around on a sunny afterno...
1 Thank o0GlobeTrotter0o
North Adams, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

My boyfriend and I just stayed at the Chatham Motel a few days ago. I've been coming to Cape Cod since I was little & because of my boyfriend's work obligations, had to book a room at the last minute, and the place I wanted to stay was full- so I read the reviews of the Chatham Motel and decided it would be a good place to stay. I can say that the staff was very friendly and it was quite cozy. The pool looked clean and it was a nice laid-back atmosphere. The only complaints I had were that the toilet wasn't very clean-looking (there were a few spots on the seat), there were stains on one of the pillow covers, and mold and someone else's hair in the fridge. It was obvious the room had gotten a basic cleaning (vacuumed, sheets washed, etc.) but those things were bothersome. Because of that, I don't know if I'd stay here again. Cleanliness is extremely important to me.

3 Thank MeHakk210
Johnson, Vermont, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed for three nights in late June. The motel has that mid-20th Century look on the outside but very clean (and I am PICKY). The location is great in terms of convenience to Chatham and other points on the Cape.

One thing to be aware of is that there is a definite difference in rooms. When we were shopping the motel I am quite sure that Expedia associated a higher level of room with the rate we were paying, than what we got. the room was fine but part of my reason for choosing it was that the deluxe room had a little more privacy from our young children.

The only drawback to the location is the bugginess. Bugs are part of summer in New England, but we had to ask hotel staff to vacuum out the many small flies that came in when we opened the windows on arrival. Also, there were quite a few beetles in the pool.

That said, the staff were super about taking care of anything we asked for and they clearly care about providing a postiive, comfortable stay for their guests.

If I were traveling without the kids we would stay again, most likely.

Room Tip: Don't open the windows if it's raining, because there are bugs smaller than the holes in the...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jeff B
Ashburnham, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

We have stayed in Chatham for many years and have finally found the place we will come back again to stay next time! This is a great value--clean, comfy accommodations in a convenient location! The room had a microwave, refrigerator, new coffee maker and was spacious and quiet. It is the best value we have found and we look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liz Y
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

My wife and I just stayed at The Chatham Motel this past weekend and had a very nice stay. The location of the motel is good - right in between downtown Chatham and Hardings Beach, so either is just a couple minutes in the car. Of course there isn't really anything special about the rooms but they are very clean and spacious - who cares if they are a bit dated? The bed was very comfortable and the shower was good. My wife was disappointed that there wasn't a hair dryer in the room - not the end of the world and not a huge shock but still worth noting, and we couldn't find the TV remote anywhere, but weren't watching TV anyway.

Bill and Cheryl, the managers, were very friendly and helpful. It is true that there is no coffeemaker in the room but they have good coffee in the office starting at 8AM, or you can stop at the Dunkin Donuts down the street which is probably within walking distance.

We originally booked the motel because it was the cheapest rate I could find (it was the first weekend of peak season for some places and the last weekend of non-peak season for others) and the reviews were decent, but I'd gladly go back again now that we know we like it!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Robert H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Pleasant Bay Village
#5 of 9 in Chatham
The Escape Inn
The Escape Inn
#1 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to The Chatham Motel? Share your experiences!