“marvelous class”

Chatham Lighthouse Beach Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: Beach Yoga every summer day on magnificent Chatham Lighthouse Beach. 7:30 am - 8:45 am. Bring a beach towel, sunglasses and a smile. Kripalu Yoga is a breath focused meditation in motion. The practice is done on soft sand which is especially kind to the joints. The class is for every body and newcomers of all ages are invited. The suggested donation is $10. Parking is unrestricted until 9 am. Each class ends with relaxation!
Bethesda, Maryland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“marvelous class”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Yoga on the beach is marvelous. Valerie is an excellent yoga teacher, the sand makes a perfect base to work on, and the location is lovely and peaceful. Best when the wind is blowing in from the ocean, otherwise you will need insect repellent, which she provides. It is one of the highlights of my summer. If you don't hear well, come early to get a spot, as the sound of the surf can make it hard to hear. The class meets every day all summer, unless it is raining.

Visited August 2012

Oakton, Virginia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sun salutation on the Beach”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

A perfect way to start your day in Chatham! Valerie is great and the practice appropriate for all levels. All you need is a beach towel and sunglasses!

Visited July 2012
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best way to start the day!”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We own a vacation home in Chatham, and I go to Lighthouse yoga almost every day that I am in town. I also highly receommend it to all of our renters. It's such a great way to start the day, and you can't beat the scenery!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank jane1202
Cambridge, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful yoga class”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

It is hard to explain why this class it so fantastic if you haven't tried it--so try it!

Valerie is an experienced Kripalu yoga teacher and does a great job of managing what can sometimes be a large class. Then again, sometimes you get a treat and the class is small. The location is absolutely gorgeous and makes it hard go back to studio yoga! I look forward to visiting the Cape all summer so I can attend.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank jwfood
Boston, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“No better way to start the day”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I have two weeks per summer when I get the chance to go to Chatham for a day or two here and there. For years now, I've been going to Chatham Beach Yoga on Lighthouse Beach as many times as I can make it during my stay. It is truly the best way to start the day in an idyllic location. Thanks to Valerie, I begin my days in Chatham feeling calm and centered and carry this feeling throughout my day. Om shanti.

PS: Tip: wear your bathing suit under your yoga clothes and go for a bracing dip in the ocean after practice!

Visited July 2012