“Absolutely fantastic! ”
Review of Maps of Antiquity

Maps of Antiquity
Ranked #5 of 48 things to do in Chatham
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in an old Chatham farmhouse built in the late 1700s, Maps of Antiquity offers over 15,000 antique maps and prints. The distribution is worldwide with a focus on the Northeast. Our inventory includes early American maps from the late 1700's, nautical charts, town maps, hand-colored 19th century country and state maps, reproductions, natural history and historical prints. Additional services include: framing, appraisals, restoration, conservation, lectures & seminars, buying, selling, & map finding.
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Absolutely fantastic! ”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and welcoming--even told me as a first time visitor what was where. They asked me what I was interested in and helped me find something. I will make it a point to come back here on any future visits to Chatham, that is, if I don't return on this trip!

Paducah, Kentucky
“Beautiful Maps/Great Service”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Recently I read about Maps of Antiquity. Being of a curious nature, I went to their website and found the most beautiful maps dating back centuries. My wife and I take frequent trips to Jamaica and I found the most beautiful map of Jamaica, circa 1821. Upon its safe arrival in short time I took it to have framed and the framing was more than the map! The service was also fantastic. Buying a map from Maps of Antiquity was a great experience and I will do it again. Mark Bryant, Paducah, Kentucky

Visited August 2014
Granby, CT
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good selection”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Helpful owner/staff will let you browse but will be ready to answer questions. Antique and reproduction maps.

Visited July 2014
Haverhill, Massachusetts
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We found this place on trip advisor and were excited to check it out. We showed up just after they closed but the owners were so friendly they invited us in anyways to poke around, even after we told them we were "just looking". The place was packed full of so many original maps from so many places from all years. I felt like a kid looking through them all. We ended up almost buying several but settled on a very cool repro map of cape cod. Well worth the trip we made out of our way and they were so knowledgeable and patient with all our questions!!

Visited July 2014
“Absolutely amazing products!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Extremely professional and knowledgeable staff! The framed and matted map is exactly what I was looking for. I will certainly be a repeat customer.

Visited April 2014
ChathamMass, Owner at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you very much for your kind remarks. We love what we do and we appreciate your feedback. We will continue to expand our inventory: now over 6,000 maps and prints online and 18,000 in the store. Also our options for framing and custom work continue to increase as we have great new staff working with us. We look forward to hearing from you again soon.