“Hangar B should get an A”
Review of Hangar B Eatery

Hangar B Eatery
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Chatham
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Minneapolis
“Hangar B should get an A”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We arrived at 9ish in the a.m. and were told there was a half an hour wait, which actually stretched to 40 minutes. But it was a lovely morning and watching the people and little planes take off made the time pass reasonably quickly. Once we got a seat in which to wait, we were offered locally roasted Chatham coffee which was brought immediately. There is seating inside and out and we felt lucky to get an outside spot because of the weather and view. The staff was extremely kind and solicitous during our whole visit. We finally ordered, lemon ricotta pancakes with a side of bacon and the red flannel hash. Then another 20 minutes before we were served.
The 3 pancakes were plate sized and heavily garnished with blueberries, strawberries and raspberries. These berries were the most perfect, the sweetest, that I have ever, ever encountered.
The pancakes were good, but much too much and I wasn’t able to finish them even with the help of my husband. I mentioned that to the server and she told us that I could have ordered just one.
If I’d known that, I would have, because pancakes are not something you take home in a doggy bag! It would be a service to mention that on the menu. The applewood smoked bacon was cooked to perfection, not too crispy, just right. They do a nice take on Red Flannel Hash, using sweet as well as Yukon gold potatoes, bacon, beets and eggs, horseradish creme fraiche and a sourdough toast with housemade jams.
The next time we are on the Cape, we will indeed return, if only for the potato buttermilk doughnuts which I heard other visitors exclaiming about.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank bryantaveMinneapolis

Key West, Florida
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Really neat spot right at the Chatham airport . Menu is amazing, not what we expected . Fresh ingredients and awesome service

Visited August 2014
rancho mirage ca
“The wait is long but worth it!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

What a fun find! Huge, fresh breakfast with things like Red Flannel Hash (beets, eggs and more!) Go early, easier to get in. Very few tables! Lunch is fun too! Loved the frisee salad, black bean burger and turkey burger.

• Visited July 2014
Boston
“Don't believe the hype!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Pancakes were thick and cakey - not what we heard on this site - and I couldn't even eat one of them entirely - all dough no flavor. We love doughnuts, but there were all dough and no flavor as well. Hostess doughnuts are better. The maple syrup was real, but it didn't matter because the pancakes were barely edible. The fruit was fresh - so at least there was something good to eat. This place isn't that easy to find - its located around back on the runway and you enter by going up the back steps of a rickety old building and a porch - rather odd. It feels as though this is a place started by a cook without the money to fund or get a loan for a decent building. Don't get me wrong - the intentions of the place are great - all fresh and we love the concepts - but the food didn't come close to what we hoped for, and at the steepest prices in town, it was not worth going back. Too bad, because Chatham really needs a good breakfast spot!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank BostonFoodieTruth
Connecticut
“Just GO!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This place makes by far one of the most amazing breakfasts one could ask for. I have been several times, and I always want everything on the menu! The eggs benedict is sensational, as is their beet-hash. French toast is nothing short of devine!

• Visited July 2014