“Lobster Bisque!”

Chatham Fish & Lobster
Ranked #16 of 67 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Burlington, Vermont
“Lobster Bisque!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Busy place! If you don't want to wait for a table to open up, choose take-out. But don't leave without food! Cod Reuben was devoured, blackened swordfish sandwich was incredible. I'm hoping to return for another before I leave the Cape. My husband ordered the Tuna wrap, and although it was very good, had hoped there was more tuna. No other complaints on food; and portions are generous.

• Visited August 2014

West Hartford, Connecticut
“Chatham Fish & Lobster Revisted”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I arrived at the Cape on Saturday and headed straight to this restaurant for the gluten-free fried fisherman's platter, which included fish, whole belly clams, scallops, shrimp and fries. The portion was generous and the fish was fried to perfection!! So, several days later, I again ordered the gluten-free platter and it was a big disappointment. The clams were not golden brown, but dark brown and so overcooked that the belly of the whole belly clams disappeared!!
There were only 3 scallops and 3 shrimp - much smaller than on my Saturday visit. I should have complained, but didn't. I expect consistency in portions. So, when you visit Chatham Fish & Lobster, make sure your gluten-free order isn't overcooked and check portions. Dinner and lunch menus are the same price ($24.95). The restaurant is located at 1291 Main Street, West Chatham, MA.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank bonjovifan_13
Bedford, NH
“Great lobster roll!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Friendly, fast and delicious. Lobster rolls are yummy. Son loves the burgers and husband the grilled chicken. So something for all tastes. Like most places in Chatham it is crowded and the summer help is not as friendly
as in off season. But understandable.

Jamestown, North Carolina, United States
“Celiac Friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Yes, gluten-free is all the rage right now but to actually have a sign posted on the door that says "Celiac Friendly" is a first! Not only is their incredibly fresh and delicious Fish and Chips Gluten-Free but they also have several side dishes that are GF too. If you want the absolute best Lobster Roll, this is my suggestion - go over to the fresh seafood side of the store and buy yourself a 1/2 pound of lobster meat and make your own roll! A 1/2 lb of lobster meat runs around $15. Imagine a lobster roll with 1/2 lb of nothing but meat on it!

• Visited July 2014
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Restaurant Review - Gluten Free Fried Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I titled this "Restaurant Review", because there is also a fish market here that I have no experience with and therefore this review may not be indicative of the entire establishment.

I found this establishment to be very disorganized. I would not be surprised if they lost money due to the flow of ordering, pick-up, and paying for your order. We were there on a day when it wasn't busy.

We ordered the Fisherman's Platter. It was fried, but the batter is very light. It is Gluten Free as are all their fried foods unless specified otherwise. The price was $23. My wife and I split this and I also ordered a cup of clam chowder. The food was good but nothing spectacular. I would have it again. After ordering at the counter we were given no instructions. The cash register appeared to be to the left of the counter but the order pick up was to the right. So we stood around for a few minutes and were in the way of people coming in from the fish market and also other people ordering. There were no lines at the counter and it was hard to tell who was waiting for their food and who was in line. Again, this was a slow day. We saw an order that looked like ours put up in the window from the kitchen. We watched it for a few minutes and then asked the girl at the counter if that was ours. She indicated that they would call our name when ours was ready. A couple of minutes later one of the cooks, looking quite disturbed, grabbed our food and brought it out and asked if it was ours. We thanked him and made our way through the few people at the counter to the cash register. Here we stood in line for the one cash register to pay for our food.

We discovered while exploring the place that they sell drinks in the back of the restaurant. I guess if we had wanted drinks, we would have asked and they would have pointed us in that direction. The place was clean and the food was good, and it was Gluten Free.

• Visited July 2014