“Great place for family vacation!”
Review of Chatham Highlander

Chatham Highlander
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
“Great place for family vacation!”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We spent 5 nights at the Highlander, and we enjoyed every minute! We stayed in one of the renovated rooms, and found it to be clean, spacious, and comfortable. The managers were extremely friendly and attentive (in fact, I left a piece of jewelry behind at checkout and one of the managers personally checked the room, found it, and promptly mailed it to my home). In addition, we found the location perfect for walking into town with the kids in the stroller. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank reroevem

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Huntington
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I rarely write reviews, but I felt I had to in this case.
I booked a room at The Highlander the week before my sister and I travelled to Chatham.. When I had an inquiry about the rooms it was answered promptly, on a Sunday no less, by Jean.
When I checked the availability online, it showed the room numbers available and gave a brief description of the rooms -- so I knew the room I booked had two queen beds. The vanity and sink had been replaced as well as the mattress within the past few years and the room had a fresh coat of paint last year.
I received a confirmation within hours of booking the room online.
After I booked the room, I read a review on this site that was not posted before I made the reservation and had I read this review first I probably would not have stayed at the Highlander. I don't know what the reviewer was expecting, but if it was luxury he could have found it down the street and around the corner for triple or quadruple the price!
We arrived in Chatham before the check in time, but Jean said the room was ready so it was no problem at all. Jean gave us a lot of good information about sight seeing and dining which was very useful and made our trip more enjoyable.
On the way to our room, we were greeted by one of the other guests who shouted out to us "you are going to love this place!".
Our room was comfortable and spotless. Our two queen beds had lovely iron headboards, attractive bedclothes and a honey- pine night stand between the beds held a lamp. On a honey- pine bureau sat the television and we had a seating area with two wicker chairs and another honey- pine stand between them.
We had a small refrigerator and a small coffee maker in our sink/vanity area.
Our room was just steps away from the pool, which was very clean and had lounge chairs, table and chairs and an umbrella. There was another pool on the upper level which looked older than the pool near our room -- but it was still very clean.
We had a lovely time exploring Chatham and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kaph007
Killingworth, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 August 2011

The Chatham Highlander was in a great location. It was very clean and spacious. It was very reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed 3 nights, everything is old, the room had a bad smell, the swimming pool is like a hole in the ground, they said they have wireless but we couldn't make any connection to internet for the whole stay...we paid 170/night which was really a big money for the highlander. Look for other places but don't go there!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank narjissette
chathighlander, Owner at Chatham Highlander, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
We offer limited internet connection but have never had an issue with it as long as you relax out at one of the tables/chairs on the front lawn or patio. You won't get internet access like a New York Hotel as most of our guests are there to enjoy the Cape, relax and simplify. We have 2 heated pools, one smaller and one quite spacious. I apologize if that was not pointed out to you. I am shocked to see a poor cleanliness rating because we just don't get those.
I encourage you to come back for a visit, refer to your bad experience and we will make sure we take good care of you. We have customers who have been coming back since we first purchased our motel in 2003. Give us another change and we'll win you over too.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 10 June 2011

well cared for rooms and property with very accommodating owners. This is country motel that has been well cared for with recent renovations. Very nice!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Highlander was clean...period. Beyond that, the desk help was surly, payment for the second and final night was due on arrival, amenities were non-existent, and the room was overpriced.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
I am not surprised to see the high score on cleanliness as we have very high standards. There are 2 heated pools on the property, one smaller and one that is quite spacious. I am sorry if that was not pointed out to you. We are one of the best values in Chatham and most rooms have been partially to completely renovated. As to your comments regardng our Manager's looks, all I can say, and you can refer to other reviews, she is a lovely person. She also decided to move to FL so we have new management beginning in April. Please come stay again and we'll make sure we take good care of you.
Conover, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 September 2010

This motel was impeccably clean and easily located within walking distance to shops. Stayed at a highly rated--over-rated-- hotel 3 years ago in Chatham and was so disappointed with rudeness of staff. The manager at the Highlander actually welcomed you with friendliness. The setting is lovely--grounds are neatly and beautifully kept. It was a very quiet night. i drive to Chatham every year from NC and this is the only place I will consider staying. Thank you for a pleasant night's sleep.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends