Chatham Highlander
Pleasant Bay Village(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$183
Hawthorne Motel(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$165
The Chatham Motel(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$107
The Chatham Wayside Inn(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$241
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$443
US$423
Chatham Tides(South Chatham)
US$276
US$252
Priceline
Chatham Inn At 359 Main(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$207
Official Site
US$497
US$434
Handkerchief Shoals Inn(South Harwich)(Great Value!)
US$93
Travelocity
Chatham Seafarer Inn(Chatham)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsconvenient locationlarge picturehotel is locateddel marsmall refrigeratortwo queen bedsshops and restaurantsa wonderful staywould definitely stay here againmain streettvlaundromatcapecoffeemakersidewalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This was my third stay at the Chatham Highlander. I originally chose it because it was in Chatham and I was bringing my elderly mom and her friend. I returned with my parents, and this time with my husband.

The rooms are not just clean, but immaculate. Even though the motel is old (the bathtub, sink and toilet are those salmon colors from the 50's or 60's), the upkeep is amazing. Beds are comfortable, coffee pots are now found in each room.

I don't give this property a higher rating because the extra touches just aren't there, and easily could be. The rooms are painted stark white. There isn't enough furniture. The TV is small. The toiletries are uninteresting.

When we checked in, we didn't get a welcoming word or even a smile, either. I would think that motel owners or managers would be very thankful for business this year.

I know we will return to this area of the Cape, but next time I will look for a more interesting and friendly place.

Room Tip: the rooms are all clean and decorated the same way, so it won't matter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2012

we had a change of plans, and asked at check-in to leave one night early in a 4 night stay. they interpret their "cancel only if we can rent the room" to mean "only if we can rent the whole motel including your room". so since they had 2 empty rooms for our last night + ours if we left early, they just said "it doesn't look good". I've rented a lot of rooms in a lot of places, changed a few, but don't think i've ever run into this interpretation. more than a few places seem to have gone out of their way to accomodate us. Not here. As for a place to stay, its clean and 1-2 mile walk to town on the highway. You can do better, for accomodation and for courtesy.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This is a well maintained & clean motel in a good location near the town of Chatham. The owners are constantly updating the property. We chose Room 216. This is a good sized room & has 2 comfortable queen beds. It also has 2 swivel chairs with a table in between. There is a TV on top of a chest of drawers. The TV is not the flat screen type, but most people do not spend much time in the room. There is a small stainless steel fridge & a coffee maker. There is a clock radio on the table between the beds. There is a small air conditioner in the window. The bathroom is not new, but was updated with new tiles & a linoleum floor.

There are round tables & chairs outside & 2 chairs outside the door. There are ash trays for those who smoke. A free parking space is included with the room. There are 2 pools on the property. This hotel is very near the town of Chatham with its many shops & restaurants. There is ample free parking behind the shops & restaurants. There are also liquor stores & laundromat nearby. You have to pay the total amount due when you check in. There are some brochures in the office.

Management:

You should invest in new locks. There were not ice trays in the fridge.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bainso
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We were in Chatham for a wedding and selected the Chatham Highlander for its proximity to town and its low rates (comparably, at least). I have to say that the quality of hotel room received for the money is much lower than just about anywhere else, but that tends to happen on Cape Cod. The room was a basic motel room (pictures on the website are accurate) with a window AC unit, a clothes rack in the bathroom (rather than a closet) and a door separating the sink from the toilet and shower. We had to borrow an ironing board and iron from the office to get ready for the wedding. Check out time is either 10 or 10:30 AM and the sign in the room leads you to believe it isn't very flexible. In sum, don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank froboy4196
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed one night for a business trip. The room was very clean and comfortable. I forgot my iphone plug after I left and they graciously mailed it back to me. I really appreciated it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business