Hawthorne Motel
Pleasant Bay Village(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$183
Great 4.5/5
The Chatham Motel(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$107
Chatham Highlander(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$120
Very Good 4/5
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$285
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
The Chatham Wayside Inn(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$176
Very Good 4/5
Chatham Inn At 359 Main(Chatham)(Great Value!)
US$185
Official Site
Excellent 5/5
US$305
US$275
Hotwire.com
Great 4.5/5
Handkerchief Shoals Inn(South Harwich)(Great Value!)
US$93
Travelocity
Chatham Tides(South Chatham)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsprivate beachcape codshort walkchatham harborwatch the fishing boatswater viewrooms are clean and comfortableshore roadlounge chairsmy husband and iwithin walking distanceevery summerbeach towelsfantastic locationsmall fridgefish piesa great place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My family and I had a wonderful experience at the Hawthorne Motel in Chatham. It was charming and located on a wonderful seaside setting on Cape Cod. We truly enjoyed our stay and plan to return next year. Lots of activities in the area for the whole family and near some great golf courses too. We had a nice clean room and the rates were the most competitive I’ve seen for an ocean-front property, I give it a 5 across the board.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jowls2014
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I give the motel a 3, mostly for the fabulous lawn leading to the beach. I give a 5 to the management . We has a couple of issues while we were there and the management was professional and very helpful. They made the stay a 5!

Room Tip: There is no view from room 112 and it's where people drive up to unload their luggage and there is an ashtray outside it. Do not stay in that room! It is an ocean view price with no ocean view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed two nights at this hotel...had a wedding next door at the Chatham Bars Inn. This place was better AND lots cheaper. Everyone I spoke to about the CBI disliked it, despite the CBI being more than double the cost. Everyone I knew who stayed at the Hawthorne Motel loved it. However it does not have a pool, if you need that. It is right on the beach, and is very clean. You could see the seals on the sand bar in the mornings, and just barely hear them. The beach was good, and went for a nice walk on it. The morning I left, I saw a small fox behind the tall grass. Motel staff were exceptionally friendly. Chatham itself appears to be "in" and was so overcrowded that we avoided going into town except when we had to. Traffic in town was jammed that weekend. (an August weekend) The motel doesn't have a restaurant, so I'd suggest the Airport cafe for breakfast or lunch. Ocean view or parking lot view are the room choices.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank J B
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Hawthorne during a wedding which was held next door at the Chatham Bars Inn.
After talking with several guests of the other hotel, we decided we did better than they did! The
high-season prices were lower, we had a view of the water and many seals, and our room was clean and comfortable. We had a coffeemaker in the room (#118) and the office, right next door,
offered morning coffee and apples. Our air conditioner kept out any noise from people using the
office. Only complaints: the bottom sheet was too small and kept coming out, and there were no
outlets near the table to charge the computer, even though wifi was free. Our reservations were
correct and the management was very pleasant.

Room Tip: 118 has a water view. 102 has a water view and a full kitchenette.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We just came back from The Hawthorne and already thinking of my next trip there. Beautiful location on the beach with gorgeous views of the water. Definitely book an oceanview room - worth the extra money to see that view. Lounge chairs are located right outside your room so sitting there every morning drinking my coffee was a luxury for me. The Hawthorne was fully booked but you would never know by how quiet it was there. Rooms are a little small but very clean and well taken care of. Looking forward to my next trip at The Hawthorne.

Room Tip: Book an oceanview room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple