I just returned from here and felt compelled to write a review immediately before anyone makes the mistake and books elsewhere in Chatham. This place is really wonderful. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I visited here with my sister and her 10 year old son and we a perfect vacation. Sometimes it's hard to find a place that is kid-friendly without it sometimes being overwhelming for those of us without children. They have managed to make kids feel welcome without it being annoying to those vacationing without children.
You do have to drive into town but we liked that were were tucked away in this peaceful setting as the Cape is sooo crowed in the Summer. We were close enough that we could drive in and have dinner or shop and get there in a few minutes. (We highly recommend Del Mar). We hit Nauset Beach which is a few miles away down 28 in Orleans. It is my new favorite beach. The sand is clean and the water is cool and crystal clear. Plenty of seals bobbing their heads in the surf. Don't miss it!
But back to the Inn... the pool is beautiful and you can have lunch and a glass of wine. Which made me happy! Breakfast was yummy and inexpensive. We had a room that was quite large with 2 queens and a deck overlooking the grounds. So quiet and peaceful. I never heard my neighbors which is really nice as the place was full. My only minor complaint would be that the linens could use a little upgrading. Down pillows would be nice. They may even have them. Didn't ask. Like I said, other than that, clean, roomy and comfortable. With turn-down service to boot.
Must compliment the staff as well. Everyone was friendly, helpful and accommodating, especially Johnny. He makes you feel like he invited you for a visit. He will give you great recommendations for where to dine and what to see. Thanks to him, we ending up watching the fireworks from the croquet lawn at 28 Atlantic down the street. What a memorable experience.
It's too bad that they are not listed as #1 on this site. They deserve to be. Sad thing is the #1 hotel has not much to offer except that it may be slightly less expensive but you get what you pay for. And the other hotel rated above them is not really even in Chatham, but Harwich. All I can say is go, relax, have fun and enjoy!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pleasant Bay Village is a unique and beautiful hotel/resort offering luxurious accommodations including rooms, efficiencies, and suites; located on 6-acres of exotic rock gardens and waterfalls in Chatham, just a short drive into town and seconds from Pleasant Bay beach. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast in our dining room or relax by our outdoor heated pool and jacuzzi. All rooms are decorated with original art from local artists, are non-smoking and have free wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pleasant Bay Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pleasant Bay Village Chatham, Cape Cod, MA
- Pleasant Bay Village Hotel Chatham