“Great sandwich”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We ate lunch here; my chicken salad sandwich was excellent. The wait was not too long. We went back a few nights later to get a drink. While the restaurant was very family-friendly, the bar is very much college or just-out-of-college age. It was not as fun as I remember; maybe I'm too old now. In any case, we had a really nice meal for lunch. If I went back for a drink, I think I would go in the afternoon, not the evening.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very popular night time bar scene, had to wait in line on a weekend night. Drink prices were reasonable. Fun crowd.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Squire has been around a long time so there is always a line waiting to get in for food and drinks. It has a typical New England menu with a full array of seafood dishes that are tasty and filling. Interesting appetizers, decent chowder, good salads and a variety of entrees along with sandwiches and pizza make it a great place for a family or a large group of people. Noisy and boisterous ambience with a constant movement to and from tables make it hard to have a conversation. The food is all right, but nothing special. Lively bar with friends actively engaged in conversation. Seasoned and enthusiastic wait staff.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on a busy Sunday in July on the recommendation it's a good restaurant to bring children. We were seated right away which was nice. However, I was not at all impressed. I ordered the Linguini with clams and it was terrible. It was loaded with oregano, and really no other seasoning. I'm not terribly picky, but couldn't bring myself to eat it. The waitress did offer to have the chef make another, but that would have been pointless. I was still charged the full price of the dish. My husband's tuna dish was okay, but bland. On a positive note, they do have a childrens menu. Overall we were not pleased and wouldn't recommend it.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Chatham Squire is indeed a local favorite, and has had a lot of hype about how great it is for years. We've been there a few times, thinking each time that maybe we missed something because it is really just mediocre and quite noisy.

1  Thank Brad S