“Food Good, But Odd Experience For Some In Our Group!”
Review of Impudent Oyster

Impudent Oyster
Ranked #5 of 69 Restaurants in Chatham
Price range: US$28 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Have been to the Impudent Oyster many times, the food is always good. A group of 13 of us went recently for a family dinner, they could not accommodate us at one table, so we were seated as 7 at one table and 6 at another, which was totally fine. When we arrived, we went to the front door, it was locked, the gal that opened the door said "The winter entrance is over on the side, that is why the door was locked". Hmmmm, should there not be a sign right in front of the door then? We were not the only ones- the rest of the night, people were coming in through that door. The gal seemed somewhat annoyed, not sure why? If they want people to use the side door, put a BIG sign in front on the main door that everyone uses all summer.

Only one problem that I would address is that our other table, 2 of the people wanted burgers. The server told my Dad that he could have it- when my sister came to the table 5 mins later, she wanted a salald and burger, she was told she could not have a burger, as that was off of the childs menu and she had made one exception already and could not do it again. Huh?? Not sure how/why she could do that? Some in the group were annoyed about that.

The food overall is amazing. I had the beef short ribs and the were so good! Our server was also very knowledgable about gluten free, which is always a big plus for me. We had several kids at our table too, and she was really kind to all of them! :)

I will go back and I highly recommend, but not sure if the rest of the folks in my group would say the same thing.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had a lovely evening meal at the Impudent Oyster, my only wish was that we had gone back there the next night and not another restaurant.

We were warmly welcomed and loved the fact that mobile phones are asked to be switched off (notice on the door) upon entering! We were given a table near the front door, but this was not used all night, most people entering through the door near the carpark. My only problem on where we sat was the lighting was very poor and felt like the lights needed turning up a bit (but this is my personal opinion)

The menu was brimming with local seafood and steaks.. So much to choose from! They bought out a lovely warm cob loaf of bread, that I must say that I could not stop eating. We decided to share 1/2 dozen local oysters which were fat and fresh…. I opted for the Bouillabaisse, which I was really impressed with.. so much seafood but with a light broth - perfectly balanced meal. My husband of course had the steak with lobster. It was cooked to his liking and he enjoyed it very much.

We finished our wine down at the bar (wow the lacquered wood on the bar is so beautiful) and watched the RedSoxs playing some of their World Series Final Game! A lovely night out.

Thank you all very much especially the Chef!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

6 of the girls on a Girls Week Away had lunch here. It was terrific. Salads, seafood all very fresh. Waiter was a delight - even took our photos without our even asking. Definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Had lunch (Nantucket Scallop sandwich) Oct 29. Older crowd in for lunch. Not very busy. Staff was friendly. Have eaten here over the years and it's consistently been good.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

A comfortable, quiet, slightly upscale restaurant in Chatham. Based on two luncheon visits the food is consistently very good to excellent. The scallop reuben is terrific. We went with a group of six on the second visit and all the dishes were a hit. Service was solid, if a bit cool. It can get crowded quickly and there are no reservations for lunch so get there early. We were told by a shopkeeper this is a favorite of the locals. It is just off the main drag and not too obvious but it is well worth searching for.